No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this happened, Pole Position ABE arrived from Germany. Going to be using Speed Engineering adapters and manual sedan seat rails. Oh and of course, the centers will be done in M-Texture so they match the rest of my interior.

Comment

Originally posted by PipeUy View Post
      So this happened, Pole Position ABE arrived from Germany. Going to be using Speed Engineering adapters and manual sedan seat rails. Oh and of course, the centers will be done in M-Texture so they match the rest of my interior.
      Great choice! That will be beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post

I need to find the lower plastic trim for the steering wheel that isn't titan silver...
        Send yours to me and I'll repaint it any color you like.
        BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1F9A8984-BD20-4600-9484-C65B31C89A4E.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	261738
          Out of hibernation today. Switched to my summer wheel set up 18x9.5 +27 TE37 OG. Still need 10mm spacers on rears

Comment

Decided to pull the trigger on a DIY wheel wrap and painted the trim and paddles, much needed refresh. I used Colorbond BMW Black 258 on the trim and also installed new microswitches in the paddles from RS-Online. I haven't been able to drive it yet but the fresh "click" definitely feels nice.

I'll probably grab another cover once I search around a little. There was a discount applied on checkout and I paid $2 for this on Aliexpress, can't complain. I just know I'll get it stitched much cleaner the second time around.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hrn9H41.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	261746
            Last edited by SUPREM3///; 04-17-2024, 07:59 PM.
            2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

SUPREM3/// where did you get that red button? Love that!

Comment

Originally posted by b-thumper View Post
                SUPREM3/// where did you get that red button? Love that!
                I got mine from Autotecknic but I think you can find them cheap on sites like ebay and aliexpress. I think it adds a nice pop, especially on the ZCP wheel

Looking to add a little more jazz to your interior? Look no further as we have just released our full replacement Red Start Stop Buttons for select BMW vehicles. These buttons are made of precise ABS plastic and finished off with a durable, UV and scratch resistant clear coat to ensure longevity fro
                2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
                  Can't wait to give these Bridgestone RE-71RS a try. I've only tried RS-3 on my STI but never tried anything else. I feel like I'm about to have my mind blown.
                  They are legit, definitely a favorite. What size are you running 265?

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post

They are legit, definitely a favorite. What size are you running 265?

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk
                    255/40
                    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Suspension installed.

I went with ST XTA Coilovers. I couldn’t find a bad review about them. Only had them a day but so far the ride is excellent.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by theOracle View Post
                        Suspension installed.

I went with ST XTA Coilovers. I couldn’t find a bad review about them. Only had them a day but so far the ride is excellent.
                        smart choice! I would’ve gotten these if the car didn’t already come with pss10s. I had them in my f80 and they were great, and cheaper than its big brother the kw V3s.

Comment

Originally posted by theOracle View Post
                          Suspension installed.

I went with ST XTA Coilovers. I couldn't find a bad review about them. Only had them a day but so far the ride is excellent.
                          That's great to know. Thanks for the feedback. Those come with camber too so that’s nice!
                          Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 04-20-2024, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post
                            Decided to pull the trigger on a DIY wheel wrap and painted the trim and paddles, much needed refresh. I used Colorbond BMW Black 258 on the trim and also installed new microswitches in the paddles from RS-Online. I haven't been able to drive it yet but the fresh "click" definitely feels nice.

I'll probably grab another cover once I search around a little. There was a discount applied on checkout and I paid $2 for this on Aliexpress, can't complain. I just know I'll get it stitched much cleaner the second time around.

Click image for larger version Name:	Hrn9H41.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	261746
                            What switches did you use from RS-online? Were you following a DIY guide?

This one looks very similar to the one in the SMG steering wheel.
                            Last edited by E46m3zcp; 04-20-2024, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by E46m3zcp View Post

What switches did you use from RS-online? Were you following a DIY guide?

This one looks very similar to the one in the SMG steering wheel.
                              That's the one. Originally came across this thread but it's pretty straightforward once you get the airbag/wheel off
                              2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Now that I have confirmed my leather samples match oem cinnamon, I went ahead and picked up a pass seat for $100.

Started taking measurements on the top stitch width, the distance between each stitch (granted, a bit overboard but I like perfection), as well as notes on the construction of the seat cover as a whole.

I then broke down the cover.

After, I did some searching and obtained a supplier for color matched thread that matches the oem one, the plastic pieces that mount the seat cover to the frame, as well as foam backing/skrim to avoid wrinkles and the appearance of a poor finished product once the new cover is sewn and mounted.

Since the panels get distorted/warped a bit over time I can't use the original seam allowance on the panels, so I will likely take several measurements of the seam allowance on different parts of each section, then take the median and the average and compare the two, thusly, choosing the best one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X