No announcement yet.

MSS5x Binary Modification Tool Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to use the tool but sadly my ecu is encrypted and bmwflasher cant pull a usable file from it.
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Originally posted by Mspir3d View Post
      I would love to use the tool but sadly my ecu is encrypted and bmwflasher cant pull a usable file from it.
      Who tuned it?

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Who tuned it?

it was NickG for the maxpsi Kit

Comment

It's really annoying that anybody would encrypt a tune to stop you from making modifications to it.
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

I think it was to protect IP, not to stop an individual owner from tweaking it.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

If i remember correctly, I can still write to it. I did some of the coding a few years ago with NCS. I'll have to relearn it though to code out the SAP and clutch switch. It's a little frustrating that it makes it more complicated but I understand they don't want their ecu tweaks copied.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                Shoot me another email, I get pretty snowed down when I’m super busy so things slip through the net.
                Hi Martyn, any plans (if feasible) to tweak MK20 DSC through your tool in the future? Buildjournal offers a "sport mode" tune for MK20 cars which reduces the intervention threshold to somewhat mimic Sport mode on MK60. Thanks!
                Last edited by lemoose; 11-19-2020, 07:44 PM.
                2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Anything for Black Friday this year?

Comment

Trying to make some updates but keep getting the following:

"sorry you are not allowed to modify this binary version"

Is it because between when I first purchased the software and in between, I had the manual conversion done and it was coded by someone else. Thanks!

Comment

Sounds like they flashed your DME with a different software version so your license will no longer work.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                        Sounds like they flashed your DME with a different software version so your license will no longer work.
                        Thanks. I believe they flashed it with MSS. When I tried, it was flashed through BMWFlash. So regardless of me using MSS to get the file, it still won’t work?

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post

Thanks. I believe they flashed it with MSS. When I tried, it was flashed through BMWFlash. So regardless of me using MSS to get the file, it still won’t work?
                          You have confused MSS54 (or HP) software version on the ECU with WHICH software was used to pull/push the data to/from the ECU. The ECU has software on it, essentially the "OS" and the "Tune" which are related to each other as each OS's Tune has the tune data in a different order, and sometimes sizes (bytes vs words). So if the ECU OS (ie 1301, 1401 etc change, Martyns tool will think it is another ECU, thus not thinking that ECU is licensed to work with his software. I don't remember what his software checks, whether its VIN/Software version, as some info is on the ECU 2x (master/ slave) I can't recommend a way to get around his software, which I did find when I was flashing different stuff all the time for my E30 swap, but using the same ECU itself, until I figured out how to use TunerPro/Hex Editing and have more control.

Does that make sense?
                          Last edited by R3Z3N; 08-15-2021, 10:54 AM.
                          TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the 'transmission swap' drop-down does in the binary tool?

Comment

Has anyone tried the Evolve remap using the ecuworx tool? I just recently installed the full SS exhaust and looking for a quick remap/retune.

Comment

Is it possible to use this tool to disable code 221 (System Test, Crankcase Breather) caused by deleting this thing?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X