The carbon slicktop thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAL M3 View Post
    Anybody know a good shop in the Bay Area that can or has done this?

Also did the group buy ever happen?

Found a crack in my windshield and I've always wanted a CF roof, so this might push me there.

TC design is the first shop that comes to mind. Though I’m sure others are capable (performance technic, VTmotorwerks, edge)

Maybe DanAvoN7 would be down to tackle this?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post

TC design is the first shop that comes to mind. Though I’m sure others are capable (performance technic, VTmotorwerks, edge)

All good shops. You can’t go wrong w any of them.

TCD would use something more race car oriented so it may not have the polished look and a nice thick clear coat but it’d have the weight savings. My car’s in the shop for a bunch of work including a cf roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman
        Where did all the potential carbon fiber group buys go? I'm back on the hunt for a CF roof for the race car.

Does anyone have experience with Aero Function AR1 carbon fiber roof? Weight? Quality?

Feff
        Go with RKP.

Comment

Originally posted by kreyes52699 View Post
          May I have the ballpark of the total cost of slicktop conversion, including parts and labor? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I'll post up photos soon.

DTM FIberwerkz CF Roof: $1100 shipped
          CSL Roof Bow: $103
          3m Epoxy and Epoxy Gun $100
          Drill bits $20
          CF Dremel Bit: $15
          Headliner Used $400
          Misc tools: $80
          Headliner and Pillars wrapped in alcantara $450
          Glass removal rear $135
          Front Glass removal and replacement: Free CUZ FLORIDA BABEH
          Rear Window Gasket $40
          Labor:Free

Comment

My recent CF slicktop conversion and headliner/pillars reupholstered
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post
              My recent CF slicktop conversion and headliner/pillars reupholstered
              That looks amazing man, start to finish how long did it take and what DIY did you use? Looking to tackle this on my own next year.
              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

That looks amazing man, start to finish how long did it take and what DIY did you use? Looking to tackle this on my own next year.
                I had a lot of time to prep by buying all the tools I needed and had downtime and waiting because I was taking my sweet time and waiting for certain parts to come in I found out last minute

Part 1: Prep (3 hours) Remove entire interior, seats, pillars, moonroof, headliner

Part 2: Drilling out spot welds and removing roof (4 hours) Remove the 4 nuts/washers holding the original, roof rack in place. this makes it easier

Part 3: Prepping roof with sander or angle grinder with the right piece to make sure its all clean (1-2 hours)

Part 4: Install bow this can vary depending on what you do.

Part 5: Prep the roof to have the epoxy(i brushed on everything that was exposed metal and install the carbon roof with clamps (1 hour) I had time so I let it settle for 36 hours

Part 6: Put windshield back

Part 7: Put interior back (1-2 hours)

The waiting from step to step is what took the longest and the drilling.

I watched AJ Hartman's DIY and some Munich Venom and some others DIY on forums and IGs but I combined them all together and used what I wanted.

Comment

Actively reading through this thread. Lots of great info.

I will definitely ping Karbonius to see if a winter GB on the roof could be possible.

It’s on my to do for the PY.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post

The first company to perform it isn't far from the bay, Bees something is all I can remember they're done quite a few. There's also a BMW performance.and repair shop near there that would be good at it. They're known for some crazy engine swaps.

Comment

Epoustouflant Anything from Karbonius about a group buy on the roof?

Comment

Originally posted by wahsm View Post
                        Anyone done the M4 style CF roof from Karbonius? Not sure how I feel about the look. Would be nice to see some pictures other than what they have on their site.

https://karbonius.net/producto/bmw-m...anel-m4-style/
                        That doesnt look bad at all!

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
                          Epoustouflant Anything from Karbonius about a group buy on the roof?
                          I’m awaiting their return from Holidays. I started listing their products on EuroConnex. I should have news 2nd week of Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I’m awaiting their return from Holidays. I started listing their products on EuroConnex. I should have news 2nd week of Jan.
                            Is this is? Or are there plans for a separate group buy?

https://euroconnex.co/collections/e4...ral-roof-panel
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

At checkout, shipping is "free", curious if this is correct

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

At checkout, shipping is "free", curious if this is correct
                                Yeah the euroconnex price is like $600 than directly from Karbonius, assuming shipping is actually free
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X