The carbon slicktop thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3uroslut View Post
    anyone know who makes the best fitting sedan roof?
    Selling, swapping, and discussing e46s and e46 related items for sale. This is primarily a for sale group however discussion is allowed and encouraged.

Might ask who makes the roofs.

Comment

What are yall using instead of R1 cleaner for surface prep before bonding? The R1 stuff seems to be NLA.

Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by 3uroslut View Post
        anyone know who makes the best fitting sedan roof?
        2M Autowerks has a sedan roof in stock, just saw it today. Looked awesome.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

It takes a competent windshield guy less than 30 minutes to get most windshields out minus disconnecting and removing cameras and sensors.
          Sure doesn’t look like 30 minutes to me to do it right. My glass guy is doing my E39 windshield right now and has been here for a couple hours already. Dude is meticulous and does all the glass work for two of the highest end body shops here as well as for Turner.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_50426113.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	258229 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240319_101308.jpg Views:	0 Size:	247.9 KB ID:	258230 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240319_101302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	319.3 KB ID:	258231
            Happy to finally knock this mod off my bucket list! I waited a long time collecting parts and wondering if it would be worth it. It definitely was. It really makes the car feel and look better in every way. This, along with all of the other weight reduction mods, has made the car feel truly lightweight, dynamic, and responsive.

Big thanks to 2M Autowerks for a great install.
            Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 03-19-2024, 02:29 PM.
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I saw the 2M Autowerks IG post today displaying your car with the CF roof! Nice!!
              2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Also been following this on 2M's IG story. Congrats! Looks epic.

Comment

Let's go!! Interlagos Blue with a carbon roof looks absolutely beautiful!

Last edited by Projecte46m3; 04-07-2024, 07:25 AM.
                  2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Looks awesome, I wish this was the right time to do this on my car.
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I thought my car was done, but now I want a slicktop. Though I don’t want exposed carbon.

Also of note, I don’t care too much about the weight savings but if OE metal is 1k and carbon is 1800, might as well go carbon.

Which roof would be best if I plan to paint it?

PS: Big thanks for pointing out 2M. I’ll send them the car for the job when their headliner is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by LSB4Me View Post
                        I thought my car was done, but now I want a slicktop. Though I don’t want exposed carbon.

Also of note, I don’t care too much about the weight savings but if OE metal is 1k and carbon is 1800, might as well go carbon.

PS: Big thanks for pointing out 2M. I’ll send them the car for the job when their headliner is ready.
                        i'd be concerned about paint matching if going with carbon + paint

Comment

Originally posted by LSB4Me View Post

If you're going to paint the roof get metal. The weight isn't that negligible between metal/CF panel. Plus it will cost you about $800 if not more to paint it anyways which would equal out to just buying the CF panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

If you're going to paint the roof get metal. The weight isn't that negligible between metal/CF panel. Plus it will cost you about $800 if not more to paint it anyways which would equal out to just buying the CF panel.
                            I’ve been waiting on an OE metal roof panel for 6 months.

Comment

Or get the carbon fiber roof and paint it anyway for the ultimate BDE Chad move
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I did the metal OEM roof for that reason (paint match) - couldn’t be happier

Comment

Working...
                                X