The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Curious how high this will go despite the shitty ticky tac mods...
    Part of what I find curious about this one is the mix of mods -- some seem high and some seem low [quality / impact / desirability / utility / whatever]. While I don't want to jack the BaT thread discussing them, I am curious which ones this group thinks are shit.

For instance, the headers + tune + pulleys + K&N combo, while leaving the rest of the exhaust stock, seemed an interesting choice. And is this a Competition or Club Sport or Individual -- how does that work? Some of these are stupid questions, so forgive me for not being in those weeds.

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 01-12-2022, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I am curious which ones this group thinks are shit.

maw
      All of them, that I saw. Stick on lip, torque robbing intake, gaudy pedal covers.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Curious how high this will go despite the shitty ticky tac mods.

Funny how people say sunroof delete as a mod instead of simply not mentioning sunroof which is indicative of how dumbed down society has become.
        Euro headers and a KN intake = +30 hp? LMAO yeah right. And what the hell is “CS rear badging"? Nice car anyway, great build sheet from factory.
        2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

CS = club sport which is the terminology for ZCP in Europe, as far as I have seen.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            CS = club sport which is the terminology for ZCP in Europe, as far as I have seen.
            Sorry, yeah I know that I was just being a dick. I just thought it was funny that the BaT ad writer finds it important enough to mention that this guy (presumably) tacked a badge on that I've never seen on any other E46, factory or otherwise.
            2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

All of them, that I saw. Stick on lip, torque robbing intake, gaudy pedal covers.
              But remember there are respected enthusiasts who think anyone who lowers their car, at least beyond a certain level, or slaps on aftermarket wheels (regardless of cost or pedigree) is an idiot with teenager levels of discernment. As an example the dude I bought one of my others cars off of (who has owned or currently owns porsches, ferraris, lambos, and loads of benzs) views anyone who touches anything exterior, interior, or mechanical with high levels of disdain. Modding a car for any other reason outside of track use gets you stamped as a poser. There is always someone who knows "better" than you. Very nice man but meeting and talking with him was certainly a reminder of that for me.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post

Euro headers and a KN intake = +30 hp? LMAO yeah right. And what the hell is “CS rear badging"? Nice car anyway, great build sheet from factory.
                Catless headers do add quite a bit of power, intake probably not so much. I wouldn’t discredit the 30hp claim so harshly.
                2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

It's my unsubstantiated opinion that with the high prices these unicorns are now fetching, some of these shitty mods could cause these sellers to leave 5-10k on the table. This Silver Gray ZCP is a great example - all the original parts are there and pictured in the listing - it would have taken a day to put them back on and burn that junk lip before photos and listing the car - and then it would have been perfect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2005_bmw_m3_coupe_1636597718bf353ebc8042_163375338347d056a2d7e6a2512-scaled-1.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	147748🤦🤦

Last edited by bmw; 01-12-2022, 11:13 AM.

Comment

85k for the imola, holy smokes, might pass the current leader. Black grills and all
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

All of them, that I saw... torque robbing intake
                      So mine came with one of these, and I've debated internally getting rid of it and going back to stock. Then I got a tune and noticed a midrange torque bump (nothing huge, no dyno). Will going back to stock intake produce even more lower end torque (where I spend most of my time)?

Is it conclusive that the K&N robs torque? Is that from heat, air velocity, what? It seems counterintuitive to me (more air flow) but I'm sure people here have paid more attention to it on this car than I have.

maw

PS... some of the BaT people seem to love the shitty lip, oddly enough. I don't mind the painted bumper reflectors and would never put those back in. I don't care if Amber is making a comeback. I said what I said. I have another car where people are trying to bring Amber back -- they're crazy. It's obnoxious. Maybe on a car with a Cinnamon interior... maybe.
                      Last edited by maw1124; 01-12-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post
                        It's my unsubstantiated opinion that with the high prices these unicorns are now fetching, some of these shitty mods could cause these sellers to leave 5-10k on the table. This Silver Gray ZCP is a great example - all the original parts are there and pictured in the listing - it would have taken a day to put them back on and burn that junk lip before photos and listing the car - and then it would have been perfect.
                        Pretty soon we all gonna all be hanging out like Ferrari owners in pink polos and talking about NFTs, bitcoin, and who our girlfriends had sex (A-listers of course) with before us....
                        Last edited by oceansize; 01-12-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

But remember there are respected enthusiasts who think anyone who lowers their car, at least beyond a certain level, or slaps on aftermarket wheels (regardless of cost or pedigree) is an idiot with teenager levels of discernment. As an example the dude I bought one of my others cars off of (who has owned or currently owns porsches, ferraris, lambos, and loads of benzs) views anyone who touches anything exterior, interior, or mechanical with high levels of disdain. Modding a car for any other reason outside of track use gets you stamped as a poser. There is always someone who knows "better" than you. Very nice man but meeting and talking with him was certainly a reminder of that for me.
                          These are the guys I run into mostly (Benz, Ferrari and Classic circles). This car, for me, was the one I bought expressly to mod (without killing all of the value or looking and feeling silly).

It just so happened that the more I thought about mods the more I decided they were not what I was after (software aside, which is kinda not a mod, and some other restrained examples). In fact, my presence here is to learn what makes sense and what doesn't.

maw

Comment

Strong finish for non-zcp with sunroof. 85k

Comment

It topped out at 85K, honestly I thought it would go a little higher. Maybe if they got rid of those black grills That would be a bummer if 100 bucks worth of grills was the difference of 5k

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

These are the guys I run into mostly (Benz, Ferrari and Classic circles). This car, for me, was the one I bought expressly to mod (without killing all of the value or looking and feeling silly).

It just so happened that the more I thought about mods the more I decided they were not what I was after (software aside, which is kinda not a mod, and some other restrained examples). In fact, my presence here is to learn what makes sense and what doesn't.

maw
                                I feel you. There are levels to this, as you know, and when you get around people that really have money, I mean genuinely have IDGAF money, you quickly realize everything you think is good they think sucks. If whatever you are doing isn't for the track their whole outlook is why would you even bother? I'm on the periphery of one such group due to a set of circumstances and lets just say I've learned a lot about how the truly wealthy auto enthusiast/collector/racer thinks. I can't go there because for one I don't have that money but I also just can't be that big a dick. It isn't in me to get my panties that high and tight, I'm too down to earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X