Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ I think that the lighter wheel results were def a result of the different days/weather conditions, because I've seen a few dyno's that showed just the opposite. I think that if you had swapped wheels back 'n forth during either session, there would've been a difference...albeit, a very small one (favoring the lighter wheels).
    Last edited by stash1; 03-02-2022, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
      ^^^ I think that the lighter wheel results were def a result of the different days/weather conditions, because I've seen a few dyno's that showed just the opposite. I think that if you had swapped wheels back 'n forth during either session, there would've been a difference...albeit, a very small one (favoring the lighter wheels).
      Yep! I agree. Next time I do an experiment like this I'll make sure to take all measurements during the same session.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

You also need to be logging ignition timing when comparing mods especially with small deltas as weather corrections won’t account for that

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          I know I said I was done chasing power (and I am!), but I have all this incremental dyno data and recently got lighter wheels (~6 lbs per corner), so I couldn't help myself. Was back at the dyno this morning to see what effect they had on the whp.

Updated setup:
          • 130000 mI
          • US spec pre-facelift M3
          • Karbonius full carbon intake with carbon snorkel
          • Kassel MAP
          • Stock CSL IAT location and sensor
          • HP converted MSS54
          • SSV1s and SS oversized section 1 with HJS cats
          • Stock section 2 and 3
          • All engine maintenance done
            • Rod bearings replaced ~17k mi ago
            • VANOS done ~17k mi ago, passes VANOS test with no issues
            • Engine retimed ~6k mi ago
            • Valve adjustment done ~6k mi ago
            • New front and rear TPSs ~2500 mi ago
            • New precat O2 sensors ~1500 mi ago
          • No mechanical fan, just aux
          • Rogue engineering water pump and power steering pulleys
          • Dynoed at Sonoma racetrack so altitude is ~sea level
          • 52ºF ambient temp
          • 90% (!) humidity
          • Running Shell V-Power 91 octane
          Really impressive numbers. What camshafts are you running?
          Last edited by HanSooloo; 03-05-2022, 06:10 AM.
          2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
          Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
          SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
          ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
          Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post

Stock!
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Stock!
              Wow … even more impressive.

So, just Super Sprint + CSL air box = around net 30 HP bump. Is that how we should read it?

Wonder what you would get if you had Schrick 280/272?

That’s going to be my setup :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
              Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
              SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
              ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
              Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Wow … even more impressive.

So, just Super Sprint + CSL air box = around net 30 HP bump. Is that how we should read it?

Wonder what you would get if you had Schrick 280/272?

That’s going to be my setup :-)

Actually 46 whp gain from stock with the airbox, SSV1s and PCS dyno tune.

Ehhh, I haven't seen one started yet?, and I'm not the guy that's gonna do it...but we need another dyno thread! EDIT: Is everyone ok w/this being the official dyno thread moving forward? Ok, well, I guess that this will serve as the new Official Dyno Database-by default.:D All graphs are welcome, but plz try to include as

Comment

I got similar numbers on my SS and Karbonius setup and everyone said I should be making closer to 330-340whp But this seems to be more in line with recent dyno sheets I’ve seen.

Comment

Had to redyno for the nasa season ahead. No major changes from before but karb cal and SS headers and BW exhaust.

326 whp is fun when the car weighs 2900 with me in it!

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Looks too lean upto 6/6.5k if the o2 is to be trusted

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
                        Had to redyno for the nasa season ahead. No major changes from before but karb cal and SS headers and BW exhaust.

326 whp is fun when the car weighs 2900 with me in it!

2900 lbs!? Please share the car diet...

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                          Looks too lean upto 6/6.5k if the o2 is to be trusted
                          Ya, you never know how accurate any of these guy’s snifers really are at the end of tha day!? All you can do is tune for optimum power, run quality fuel, and then try and manage the heat in the motor whether it be on the street or on the track., and then hope that the actual AFR's are within safe limits.
                          Last edited by stash1; 03-15-2022, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Looks down on power for the mods.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Evolve CSL airbox and full SS exhaust with cats, made ~331whp/ 247 torque…not bad. Did a run at ~338whp but decided to dial it down a bit for safety. This was on dynojet with AlphaN tune from Epic.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
                                Evolve CSL airbox and full SS exhaust with cats, made ~331whp/ 247 torque…not bad. Did a run at ~338whp but decided to dial it down a bit for safety. This was on dynojet with AlphaN tune from Epic.
                                Stock cams?

Comment

Working...
                                X