This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

I gave it another watch and I can hear the tapping noise you are referring to. That is fairly loud and it almost makes me think that another follower is going flat. Hopefully the rattle kit solves the problem though.
    Either way its not driven until parts arrive and the valve cover comes off again. Its been one of those mods that I've dreamed about but the follower aspect (with new/OEM/Schrick price wise is just insane now, looking at min 2600USD plus and then convert to kanadyan rupples is literally more than twice the price of cams).

Also I've chosen the 280s for the rocker reason, as not exactly necessary, and the difference is not that great between them.

jet_dogg yah man, car performed regardless but surely there was a little left on the table. For the mods, this imo is a very good result. Forgot to mention the fuel used was Shell new 93 here in Canada, performed very well in tests. The 91 previously was hot trash, per reviews vs the Petro 94.
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

This is my third tune and dyno session, all with different tuners. Details below on that evolution. Had a mix of issues between hesitation under throttle and overall drivability. My session today was with HTE Tuning today at EAS in Anaheim. Couldn't be happier with the results. Drive home was a dream and all the previous issues seem to be resolved! Thanks Hassan for your time and effort.

Build Details

- 2005 ZCP with ~159,750 miles
      - 91 octane pump gas (Shell)
      - CSL converted DME w/ CSL software from Kassel Performance, includes H-bridge to support CSL flap in snorkel
      - OEM CSL Snorkel with functional flap
      - OEM CSL Air Intake Temp Sensor in stock location on airbox
      - OEM CSL air filter
      - CSL Airbox w/ carbon fiber trumpets (Karbonius)
      - Dinan high flow throttle bodies
      - OEM air rail modified to fit updated Bosch MAP sensor (P/N 0 261 230 101) in OEM CSL location
      - Bosch MAP sensor has OEM scaling from what I recall with previous tuners
      - Radium Fuel Rail with pulse damper / Radium stainless steel fuel filter / Radium fuel pressure regulator / OEM fuel pump
      - Bosch Injectors, 52lb/550cc @ 3 bar (EV14, P/N 0280158117)
      - Ported Intake on Head
      - Schrick Cams 288/280
      - SuperTech Intake and Exhaust Valves and SuperTech Springs (OEM size and lift)
      - Ported Exhaust on Head
      - Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers (63.5 mm)
      - Supersprint Catted (HJS 200-cell) Section 1
      - Supersprint Resonated Twin-Pipe Section 2
      - Supersprint Race Mufflers
      - Electric Fan Conversion SPAL 2049
      - 3.91 diff gears

SAE Correction Factor

STD Correction Factor

For those who are interested in knowing the details of the different tuners, I have used PCS Tuning, HD Tuning, lastly HTE Tuning. There is a hardware difference between the initial 2 and the last with Hassan. The last tune included Dinan TBs, 550cc injectors, and the Radium fuel system upgrades. Also, each tuner had different opinions on the rev limiter value. I put a marker at 8000 rpm for a more direct comparison versus max values in the legend. Not exactly and apples-to-apples comparison, so I wanted to make that clear. Hassan did note that the HD tune had the knock sensors were "way desensitized" and questioned the how safe it was.

RED: HTE Tuning
      BLUE: HD Tuning
      GREEN: PCS Tuning

SAE Correction Factor

STD Correction Factor
      Last edited by duracellttu; 05-25-2023, 11:51 PM.
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Just an update in case this helps anyone. Had signs of fuel pump failure so switched it out, Hassan did a re-tune for me and got it up to 334 and 'smoothened' out the drivability even more. Crazy how big of a difference it made from a driving standpoint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230513_103542 (1).jpg
Views:	687
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	219182

Name:	20230513_092244.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	219183
        | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

That's a nice little surprise bro, were you there today?
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            That's a nice little surprise bro, were you there today?
            Hey Brother, hope you're well!

This was this past weekend on Saturday, definitely was a nice surprise
            | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Not a dyno result, but for those that have dyno'd there car, where does one strap the car? Have heard the lower RCAs are not the right spot.

Mike
              02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
              11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
              16 X5

Comment

Originally posted by nuc1 View Post
                Not a dyno result, but for those that have dyno'd there car, where does one strap the car? Have heard the lower RCAs are not the right spot.

Mike
                EAS used the rear trailing arms.
                2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

RK Tune
                  Macht Schnell Intake Elbow
                  BMC Drop in Air Filter
                  Status Gruppe Tuning Headers (DON'T EVEN CONSIDER BUYING THESE HEADERS, THE FITMENT IS TRASH AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWFUL)
                  Rogue Engineering Rasp Pipe Ver 2.1 Section 1
                  Stock Section 2
                  Agency Power Section 3
                  Last edited by Riley; 05-31-2023, 04:01 PM.

Comment

RK Tune
                    Macht Schnell Intake Elbow
                    BMC Drop in Air Filter
                    Super Sprint 63.5mm Stepped Headers
                    Super Sprint 63.5mm Unresonated Section 1
                    Stock Section 2
                    Agency Power Section 3

Layover from STATUS GRUPPE HEADERS (RED LINE) vs Super Sprints 63.5mm Stepped Headers (BLUE LINE). No retune just installed the stepped headers and re ran on the the dyno.

​​
                    Last edited by Riley; 05-31-2023, 04:01 PM.

Comment

2004 M3 with ~119k miles

HTE Base-Map Tune: 326hp 252tq
                      HTE Final Dyno Tune: 339hp 257tq

Setup/Mods
                      - CSL clone software running on a map sensor
                      - Karbonious Race Style CSL Airbox
                      - Supersprint Sport Muffler
                      - Turner Power Pulley
                      - 4.10 diff gears​

Tuned at EAS in Anaheim by HTE HassanEido
                      Video if you want to hear the airbox 🎶 https://youtu.be/JZdOWyXp7bQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9815.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	222484 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9734.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.8 KB ID:	222485
                      Last edited by Ceelooboob; 06-19-2023, 08:48 PM.

Comment

2004 M3 with around 88K miles. List of mods:
                        1. Karbonius air box: https://karbonius.net/producto/bmw-m...will=twill-2x2
                        2. ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter: https://karbonius.net/producto/itg-c...box-airfilter/
                        3. OEM CSL snorkel, flap, and related hoses: various eBay and ECS Tuning purchases
                        4. Schrick 280/272 cams with followers (ordered through RRT): https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...-lift/?pdk=AgE
                        5. SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers (44001), section-1 with sport cats (44002), and resonated twin-pipe section-2 (44003).
                        Baseline dyno results _BEFORE_ the upgrades were installed; car cut off at 6,200 RPM because the dyno rev limiter wasn't raised. Topped out at little over 252 WHP.

Name:	Baygin M3 Baseline.png
Views:	485
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	231106

Did 3 runs with the help from HTE Performance Tuning _AFTER_ the mods were installed:
                        0: baseline, dyno rev limiter removed: 267.13 WHP
                        1: tweaked based on the first run: 293.83 WHP
                        2. tweaked one more time: 295.56 WHP

As always, Hassan was great working with me throughout the entire process.

Name:	04M3_93_Run1.03.png
Views:	542
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	231105

What was really disappointing was that the _before_ mods baseline at 6,200 RPM is almost the same as _after_ the mods value of around 250 WHP. In the end, Hassan's tune got me about 28 WHP _with_ the mods installed. However, I was expecting a definitive delta between the _without_ mods and _with_ mods baselines.

I am wondering if my engine wasn't one of the lucky ones to begin with, but would be curious to see what others with similar mods have to say.
                        2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                        Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                        SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                        ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                        Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post
                          2004 M3 with around 88K miles. List of mods:
                          1. Karbonius air box: https://karbonius.net/producto/bmw-m...will=twill-2x2
                          2. ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter: https://karbonius.net/producto/itg-c...box-airfilter/
                          3. OEM CSL snorkel, flap, and related hoses: various eBay and ECS Tuning purchases
                          4. Schrick 280/272 cams with followers (ordered through RRT): https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...-lift/?pdk=AgE
                          5. SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers (44001), section-1 with sport cats (44002), and resonated twin-pipe section-2 (44003).
                          Baseline dyno results _BEFORE_ the upgrades were installed; car cut off at 6,200 RPM because the dyno rev limiter wasn't raised. Topped out at little over 252 WHP.

Name:	Baygin M3 Baseline.png
Views:	485
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	231106

Did 3 runs with the help from HTE Performance Tuning _AFTER_ the mods were installed:
                          0: baseline, dyno rev limiter removed: 267.13 WHP
                          1: tweaked based on the first run: 293.83 WHP
                          2. tweaked one more time: 295.56 WHP

As always, Hassan was great working with me throughout the entire process.

Name:	04M3_93_Run1.03.png
Views:	542
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	231105

What was really disappointing was that the _before_ mods baseline at 6,200 RPM is almost the same as _after_ the mods value of around 250 WHP. In the end, Hassan's tune got me about 28 WHP _with_ the mods installed. However, I was expecting a definitive delta between the _without_ mods and _with_ mods baselines.

I am wondering if my engine wasn't one of the lucky ones to begin with, but would be curious to see what others with similar mods have to say.
                          SAE vs STD correction on the dyno plots will mess with the numbers a lot.

See my post here where I messed with the correction factor for an example: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...185#post140185

Reach out to the dyno operator and see if you can get the raw .wp8 files from the dyno runs. You can open those up in WinPEP 8 and adjust the correction factors to all be the same. Should give you a better comparison, but also weather, time of day, phase of the moon, etc. will mess with the numbers that the dyno read out.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Ceelooboob View Post
                            2004 M3 with ~119k miles

HTE Base-Map Tune: 326hp 252tq
                            HTE Final Dyno Tune: 339hp 257tq

Setup/Mods
                            - CSL clone software running on a map sensor
                            - Karbonious Race Style CSL Airbox
                            - Supersprint Sport Muffler
                            - Turner Power Pulley
                            - 4.10 diff gears​

Tuned at EAS in Anaheim by HTE HassanEido
                            Video if you want to hear the airbox 🎶 https://youtu.be/JZdOWyXp7bQ

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9815.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	222484 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9734.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.8 KB ID:	222485
                            These are great numbers for 91 with cats on stock cams. I wonder if the Dinan TB's help out with this setup.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

SAE vs STD correction on the dyno plots will mess with the numbers a lot.

See my post here where I messed with the correction factor for an example: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...185#post140185

Reach out to the dyno operator and see if you can get the raw .wp8 files from the dyno runs. You can open those up in WinPEP 8 and adjust the correction factors to all be the same. Should give you a better comparison, but also weather, time of day, phase of the moon, etc. will mess with the numbers that the dyno read out.
                              Reached out to the dyno shop, so let's see if I can get the WP8 files.

Lately I have been hearing whiny / screechy sounds coming from the front of the car, and RRT Racing told me that bearings on one of the pulleys might be going bad. Last couple of days, I heard it louder and more often.

Do you think that would have affected the runs? Maybe more drag on the engine?
                              2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                              Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                              SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                              ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                              Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

These are great numbers for 91 with cats on stock cams. I wonder if the Dinan TB's help out with this setup.
                                Looks like he listed Dinan TBs on the mod list.

Comment

Working...
                                X