149k miles on the motor

-turner CSL box
    ​​​​​​-SG catless headers
    -SG catted section 1
    -SG unresonated section 2
    -SG SCZA muffler
    -JB racing clutch and lightweight flywheel
    -HTE tune

What does everyone think? Had to dump a lot of fuel into it as we were running super lean at first. Hassan was able to restore drivability, thing is a riot around the streets now.
    the torque curve looks a bit odd, it peaks at 4200rpm and from ~4200rpm to ~6600rpm it is a slight sag/dipped shape instead of the more usual humped shape. If you look at the mustang one at top of page you can see.

The numbers are very low
    Last edited by digger; 09-24-2024, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8Six View Post

it must be the dyno. i would expect those mods to make closer to 320.

Originally posted by digger View Post

the torque curve looks a bit odd, it peaks at 4200rpm and from ~4200rpm to ~6600rpm it is a slight sag/dipped shape instead of the more usual humped shape. If you look at the mustang one at top of page you can see.

The numbers are very low
      I was hoping to make at least 300. The dyno owner had a setting on the graph he showed me that adjusted the calculation and said “on a dynojet we’d make 320, but at the end of the day we didn’t really make 320.” Hassan said the mustang dyno is just a heartbreaker.

This was my first experience with tuning, so I didn’t know what to expect or how the process works in depth. The car started off super lean with AFR’s >16 through out the entire pull. We added a good bit of fuel and made 292. It was getting hot in the dyno cell and the car did heat soak a good bit.
      Last edited by Deen HK; 09-25-2024, 06:41 AM.
      996TT
      Turbo E36 M3
      FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by Deen HK View Post
        I was hoping to make at least 300. The dyno owner had a setting on the graph he showed me that adjusted the calculation and said “on a dynojet we’d make 320, but at the end of the day we didn’t really make 320.” Hassan said the mustang dyno is just a heartbreaker.
        I've been doing a ton of research comparing different header setups and Dyno info. The Dynojet numbers are always higher than the Mustang Dyno numbers for sure.
        TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
        Evolve Eventuri
        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

This was my first experience with tuning, so I didn’t know what to expect or how the process works in depth. The car started off super lean with AFR’s >16 through out the entire pull. We added a good bit of fuel and made 292. It was getting hot in the dyno cell and the car did heat soak a good bit.
          Don't believe anyone that tells you there is a setting for a non DJ dyno to read what a DJ does lol they are just guessing/fudging. If you want to know what it makes on a dynojet run it on a dynojet.

Forget about looking at the peak power number, yours is making basically as low as 200 torque in the midrange at 6000rpm and the curve looks wrong.

Comment

can you ask the owner of the mustang dyno if they have a dyno chart of a stock m3?

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

Don't believe anyone that tells you there is a setting for a non DJ dyno to read what a DJ does lol they are just guessing/fudging. If you want to know what it makes on a dynojet run it on a dynojet.

Forget about looking at the peak power number, yours is making basically as low as 200 torque in the midrange at 6000rpm and the curve looks wrong.
              I’ll contact Hassan tomorrow and see what he thinks. Dyno is booked for a bit so it may be a while before I can get it back on. Definitely something I’d like to get sorted
              996TT
              Turbo E36 M3
              FZJ80

Comment

I’ll contact Hassan tomorrow and see what he thinks. Dyno is booked for a bit so it may be a while before I can get it back on. Definitely something I’d like to get sorted
                It is unlikely Hassan's tune. if it was me id do a run on a Dynojet to look at the power curve as that is a pretty good benchmark just in case it is simply the dyno. If you look at post 481 that mustang shows much higher numbers but that could be "Dynojet mode" or some such nonsense to inflate numbers but the shape of the torque curve at least looks more normal

Comment

282 whp/215 tq on a mustang dyno

149k miles on the motor

-turner CSL box
                  ​​​​​​-SG catless headers
                  -SG catted section 1
                  -SG unresonated section 2
                  -SG SCZA muffler
                  -JB racing clutch and lightweight flywheel
                  -HTE tune

What does everyone think? Had to dump a lot of fuel into it as we were running super lean at first. Hassan was able to restore drivability, thing is a riot around the streets now.
                  I would expect 325 with those mods. My old motor put me at 300whp with just the airbox and Alpa N tune... everything else stock.

I'm guessing it's the dyno

Comment

Tuner will don't care about actual numbers, cause all dyno will measure different power torque due to settings. All about they care is delta- before/after tune. If you have some doubts- check it on the road, maybe 100-200 (10-130MPH) dragy will sort it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X