Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    Press 2 for "wholesale" and ask for Sean.
    thanks 👍

Comment

Looks like the Turner/ECS Pre-order price is now $1275.

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
        Looks like the Turner/ECS Pre-order price is now $1275.
        Of course! They need to sell off all our damaged boxes after they glue them together :-)

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a V2 redesign to fix the rubbing in the back with the cabin filter housing. Definitely not enough clearance in the rear. I'm taking it all apart to bend the bottom brackets down a 1/2 inch.

Comment

I have a similar intake and the ITB's come to life. Love it.

Comment

I took my unfiltered section off and adjusted the mounts to the horseshoe bracket. I was able to get the back of the box just a little bit lower, only enough for the cabin filter housing to just *barely* clear it for the most part, but I believe there are points where it is still touching, and, with the engine running there's no question they absolutely will rub together and cause further damage. Below are photos of the damage that has accrued so far, showing where it rubs on the cabin filter housing, and photos of lack of clearance after adjustment.

Also noticed when re-attaching the unfiltered section that the front locating dowel that secures the front bottom of the box to the unfiltered section has fallen out. That's not good. Pic attached.

Was able to get more clearance for the strut bar, though, maybe it's enough. Pic attached.

Will be reaching out to Turner tomorrow, hopefully they'll be good and helpful about it. They've been good to work with so far!

In the event that Turner tells me to GTFO, is the damage that has been done repairable? To what extent, and will it be expensive?
              Last edited by ATB88; 06-15-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I guess we asked for it being in the first batch. I just was expecting that turner would run some actually mounting tests... and being honest, we waited for it since December, so enough time for testing...
                Can somebody measure those upper mounting standoffs (on the right of photo #4 above)? How tall they are in mm?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                  I guess we asked for it being in the first batch. I just was expecting that turner would run some actually mounting tests... and being honest, we waited for it since December, so enough time for testing...
                  Can somebody measure those upper mounting standoffs (on the right of photo #4 above)? How tall they are in mm?
                  Yeah, I figured that being in the first wave of boxes means possibility of fitment issues. But, because of that, I also expect Turner to do the right thing if the issues that I'm experiencing are their fault and not simply due to my own error.

It sounds, so far, like I am the only one whose box has suffered damage by rubbing against the cabin filter housing?
                  Last edited by ATB88; 06-15-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if they do a V2 redesign to fix the rubbing in the back with the cabin filter housing. Definitely not enough clearance in the rear. I'm taking it all apart to bend the bottom brackets down a 1/2 inch.
                    Looks like two of you so far...

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post

Looks like two of you so far...
                      I guess he didn't make it clear to me whether or not his has been damaged or if he's just noticed how poor the clearance is and wants to be pro-active

I think that dremelling/grinding down that area of the filter housing to give enough clearance is a fix that I could live with, but, the damage already done to the box is kind of upsetting 😒

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

I guess he didn't make it clear to me whether or not his has been damaged or if he's just noticed how poor the clearance is and wants to be pro-active

I think that dremelling/grinding down that area of the filter housing to give enough clearance is a fix that I could live with, but, the damage already done to the box is kind of upsetting 😒
                        Then you’re might have water running down the airbox when it rains.
                        06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post

Then you’re might have water running down the airbox when it rains.
                          Yeah I guess I'm assuming that the housing is thick enough to give enough clearance without breaking through, but, idk.

Comment

Here’s some before and after. Did some touch up with sanding and buffing. Seems to be into the resin though. I might try some epoxy leveling and clear coat tomorrow.

Comment

Doesn’t sound extremely high. No cats free up a lot of HP specially when a tune is added.
                              06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X