This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e46 M3 Community-designed CAD files Master List

The purpose of this thread is to act as a master-list of CAD files for parts which the community have designed (either replacement parts for OE items or new/experimental developments).

I've put together a few different parts now, and thought I'd put them all together in a post, then realised that it would be even better to have everyone's files that they've contributed in one place!

If you have files to be added please either comment below and I'll add to the list, or PM me.

BMW Hi-Fi Amplifier brackets
    Provided by: karter16

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 8.51.02 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	85.9 KB ID:	271708
    These brackets can be used when removing the 6-CD stacker and associated brackets, or as light-weight replacements for the OE Hi-Fi amplifier bracket.
    Recommended Material: PLA/PETG/Nylon/ABS
    Files:​​​​​​
    Top Bracket (STL)

Rear Bracket (STL)

Front Bracket (STL)

Rear Fender Bracket
    Provided by: karter16

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 8.53.41 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	14.9 KB ID:	271709
    This bracket is a replacement for the original item. These mounting points are bonded to the fender support and are not available as an individual part.
    Recommended Material: The original part is made from PA12-GF30, so a fibre-reinforced Nylon would be ideal. In practice simple Nylon 12 is probably fine.
    Files:
    Rear Fender Bracket (STL)

Idle Air Hole Cap for Karbonius CSL-Style Air Intake
    Provided by:heinzboehmer

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 2.33.54 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	271815
    The cap for the idle air hole that Karbonius supply may not fit perfectly. This cap somewhat mimics the design of the flange on the CSL part that's supposed to attach there.
    See here for more context
    Recommended Material: Using a flexible material like TPU is advised as it will help dampen out any remaining rattle.​
    Files:
    Idle Air Hole Cap (STL *remove ".pdf" off the end of the file name*)

Peg Bushing for Unfiltered Section of Karbonius CSL-Style Air Intake
    Provided by: heinzboehmer

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 2.39.43 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	271816
    The holes for the pins on for the unfiltered section of the intake are way too big and allow the unfiltered section to rattle around. This bushing is designed to make for a snug fit.
    See here for more context
    Recommended Material: Using a flexible material like TPU is advised as it will help dampen out any remaining rattle.​
    Files:
    Peg Bushing (STL *remove ".pdf" off the end of the file name*)

OE-style Cap for Moroso Coolant Expansion Tank
    Provided by: Sid_E46

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 2.46.43 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	449.0 KB ID:	271817
    This cap is designed to give a more OE look than the cap that comes with the Moroso tank.
    Recommended Material: Chemically resistant material
    Files:
    OE-style Cap (thingiverse link)

Euro Console Cup Holder Insert
    Provided by:I M Legend

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 5.56.33 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	631.9 KB ID:	272493
    For those folks with the Euro Center Console Tray but still want a cup holder in your E46, this insert will fit nicely inside and will be hidden with the sliding door closed. Friction fit but you can also use double sided tape for a more secure fit.
    Recommended Material: ABS or PETG
    Files:
    Euro Console Cup Holder Insert (thingiverse link)

M3 Strut Bar Nut Cover (replacement for 46511234785)
    Provided by: I M Legend

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 5.59.39 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	417.7 KB ID:	272494
    Replacement or Extra caps for the strut bar as the 4 nuts holding the center piece of the strut bar did not come with covers like the ones on the shock tower.
    Recommended Material: ABS or PETG
    Files:
    M3 Strut Bar Nut Cover (thingiverse link)

Spal 2049 EFan Bracket
    Provided by: Stilt

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 7.28.10 AM.png
Views:	176
Size:	526.6 KB
ID:	273388
    E46 M3 Bracket for the Spal 2049.
    Recommended Material: Laser cut aluminium
    Files:
    Spal 2049 EFan Bracket
    Last edited by karter16; 07-26-2024, 11:31 AM.
    2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
    Build Thread:
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Reserved...
    Build Thread:

Comment

Reserved 2...
      Build Thread:

Comment

Oh good idea! Attached are a couple bits I designed for my karb airbox (remove .pdf from filename). Both are made to be printed out of TPU (or some other similar flexible material).

More info about both parts: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...433#post261433
        Attached Files
        Last edited by heinzboehmer; 07-12-2024, 01:46 PM.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Any interest in this lol

Name:	image.png
Views:	538
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	271732Click image for larger version

Views:	509
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	271733 ​​​

Comment

Here is my Thingiverse account where I'll be uploading more parts as I design more. All I have up there so far for the E46 M3 is a cover for the Moroso cap.

2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag - GC - Supersprint - BBS - Brembo - Dinan - PSMax - SDW - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus - Karbonius - AEM

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
            Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Very cool idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
                Any interest in this lol

Views:	538
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	271732Click image for larger version

Views:	509
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	271733 ​​​
                haha wow! - what's the provenance of this? And what is it exactly? The oil pan is different at least I note...
                Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

haha wow! - what's the provenance of this? And what is it exactly? The oil pan is different at least I note...
                  As I recall, it was a student project-- not a file that leaked out of BMW.

So fun, but don't design any tight tolerance parts around it :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

As I recall, it was a student project-- not a file that leaked out of BMW.

So fun, but don't design any tight tolerance parts around it :P
                    Yeah, I was thinking of printing random parts out on a Bambu, to see how close the model is to actual parts. But I have 0 expectations.

Comment

Has someone made one of these yet? These are dumb overpriced for what it is lol

Views:	411
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	272046
                      /// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

Yeah, I was thinking of printing random parts out on a Bambu, to see how close the model is to actual parts. But I have 0 expectations.
                        It's modeled well but the few things that I've used it for required dimensional changes.

Inlet grill is easy but you need an OEM one to copy or a bumper to design from.

Comment

Here's cup holder insert for the Euro console: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5420255

Comment

And strut bar nut covers, similar to the ones on the strut towers: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6609992

Comment

This is amazing, great idea - I looked at the date of this original post and realized history is being made here. We'll be looking back on this for the rest of time as more and more of these parts become harder and harder to find
                              - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Working...
                              X