This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because they can.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Well Dinan is always overpriced, and they came out years ago, well before the others. The high price doesn't make sense amymore in today's market, like you say, but there's the reason.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Speaking of Dinan : https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...arts/D160-0463
        I've picked up a set of Eibach lowering springs and I'm leaning towards Bilstein B6's, Are the Dinan plates a good fit for this set up or do I need to fork out 500 bucks for GCs? I just plan on spirited scenic cruises and maybe a track day once a year.

Comment

If you want to lower the car, you'll need camber plates like vorshlag, gc, tms with a shorter stack. Even with lowering springs, the b6s ride high. See my journal for more info.

Comment

I replaced wheels/tires (PS4s) about 2K miles back and picked up a nail in the left rear this last weekend.

I don't like the idea of patching a tire on a car that gets up over 100mph regularly so I am going to buy a new tire but wonder if I need to buy a new set for the rear?

The thread isn't really worn too badly at all and I don't spin the tires etc. but my OCD is acting up here thinking a new/new-ish tire combo on the rear isn't the great thing.
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

AC is making a hissing noise. I charged the AC about 6-9 months ago, but didn't really use it much until now. First step is to gauge how much is in the system? What are the other avenues, been reading about the drier or expansion valve?

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                I replaced wheels/tires (PS4s) about 2K miles back and picked up a nail in the left rear this last weekend.

I don't like the idea of patching a tire on a car that gets up over 100mph regularly so I am going to buy a new tire but wonder if I need to buy a new set for the rear?

The thread isn't really worn too badly at all and I don't spin the tires etc. but my OCD is acting up here thinking a new/new-ish tire combo on the rear isn't the great thing.
                I don't think 2k not-hard miles will make enough of a difference to be noticeable.

Guessing you didn't buy from Tire Rack? (they include road hazard protection)
                2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

My car came with a Status Gruppe CSL front bumper with the built-in support. My car is an '05, so a formerly Kevlar support car. I know that to install the Status Gruppe bumper on a Kevlar car you have to retrofit it with some additional parts/relocation of others. My question is, do I effectively have an aluminum carrier set up now? Meaning if I wanted to go back to an OEM or Euro bumper, would I install a Kevlar or aluminum carrier? Am i better off reversing the retrofit completely if I remove the bumper? Also, if I wanted to buy a mile-end bumper (good luck, right?), should I buy their aluminum or Kevlar version?

Comment

I've gone to the track with a patched tire, I feel like you're overthinking this. Had it patched at the Walmart near the track.
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

I've gone to the track with a patched tire, I feel like you're overthinking this. Had it patched at the Walmart near the track.
                      I like to hear that, and yes I am overthinking this as I do most things having to do with this vehicle. But did you eventually buy a new tire or was the patch a permanent solution for you?
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

I like to hear that, and yes I am overthinking this as I do most things having to do with this vehicle. But did you eventually buy a new tire or was the patch a permanent solution for you?
                        Did a half dozen more track days, then I replaced the set of tires as the tread was gone.
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

plug + patch and you should be fine.
                          2003 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Black

Comment

Has anyone installed a CSL airbox and kept the MAF? Yes it defeats the purpose power-wise, but...that intake noise... I don't want to deal with the tune headaches and associated emissions testing issues since I still daily the car. I know depending on the box it would take some creativity to pipe to the sensor and air filter.

Comment

Originally posted by R717 View Post
                              Has anyone installed a CSL airbox and kept the MAF? Yes it defeats the purpose power-wise, but...that intake noise... I don't want to deal with the tune headaches and associated emissions testing issues since I still daily the car. I know depending on the box it would take some creativity to pipe to the sensor and air filter.
                              With a 200mm opening, the MAF will probably not get an accurate reading of air flow as half the air will be bypassing the sensor. The only carbon airbox that utilized a smaller opening with a MAF sensor was the Delagè airbox, which has been out of production for a few years.

Comment

Get an eventuri if you want to stay headache free or have an easier emissions situation, and keep the MAF.

Comment

Working...
                                X