This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lee_Enfield View Post

Yes. The lock will clip in fine and work to retain the connector but if the little fingers are broken it will not complete the circut. If yours is broken, then that will cause a fault light. You will need to have the codes cleared again if it is as the airbag system will not clear it by itself like some CEL will.

Check out this thread for pics.
    https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...#post-18711443
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New owner - already stressing out about floor mats. Are these grey floor mats for a vert unobtainable basically?

I see the black ones are still available:

...but I'm not sure how black floor mats will look on grey carpet (I'd love a picture of this if anyone has black floor mats on a grey carpet!)

I have the grey ones that came with the car, but they are all faded or something. Haven't had much time to inspect them to see if there is a chance I can bring them back to life, but probably not.

My backup plan is the weather tech rubber mats. I have their floor liners in my other cars, but don't need to worry about snow or anything for my summer ride (my new to me e46). But I still might go with the liners since I'm pretty sure they wont slide all over the place - typically a pretty damn tight fit.

Thanks.

Comment

So my SSV1 catted full system is installed and I'm wondering, is it beneficial to reset adaptations at this point as I work out getting a tune? I ask because the car "feels off" but I can' quite say what it is. No codes, no rough running or anything like that...or maybe the tune is really what's needed to unlock the benefits of the 63.5mm system (?)

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
          So my SSV1 catted full system is installed and I'm wondering, is it beneficial to reset adaptations at this point as I work out getting a tune? I ask because the car "feels off" but I can' quite say what it is. No codes, no rough running or anything like that...or maybe the tune is really what's needed to unlock the benefits of the 63.5mm system (?)
          Can't hurt. I went from catless OEM euro to ssv1 catless and noticed nothing but more oomph in the midrange. The different cat placement may have an effect. Definitely tune for best results. You know who to call 🤙.
          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

I've purchased some schrick 280/272 from bimmerworld with their holiday sale. Is there anything I should do to "touch up" while I'm in there?
            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

This question is in regards to a 325i (MSS43) but I would imagine the same applies to our vehicles as well.

When an EWS delete is performed must the EWS module still be installed?
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Is there like a known source for the best price on a replacement key for our cars? Every BMW dealership in LA is notorious for price gouging on literally everything, so I don't even want to ask lol.
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                  Is there like a known source for the best price on a replacement key for our cars? Every BMW dealership in LA is notorious for price gouging on literally everything, so I don't even want to ask lol.
                  185 seems to be the lowest -

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                    True as fuck. it makes it so annoying when I need to replace a missing screw and they charge $8 at Bob Smith for one.

From what I remember Pacific BMW had the best prices for keys. ~200 last time I checked (4 years ago. lol)

Comment

There are two plugs that insert into the headlight control module as shown in the attached image. One of mine has a rubber grommet over it (Part # 12521737944) as shown in the image below, but the smaller plug does not have a rubber cover. I would like to buy one and it appears to be different from the one shown and I can't seem to identify the part number. Does anyone know? Thanks..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	437
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	202667
                      Attached Files

Comment

BMWE46M3 From my steel grey journal:

Instructions for how to install:

https://nam3forum.com/forums/filedat...6&d=1640216528

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Tbonem3Tbonem3: Thanks a lot. How in the world did you figure that out. I couldn't find anything in RealOEM. BTW, mine too is a steel grey with imola red.

Comment

I'm a part finder extraordinaire.

That is to say, I don't remember

Probably looked at all the images of electrical grommets/insulators in realOEM, and tried various part numbers in google till I found the one that looked most like the one we all have (right side). Ordered it, and it fit.
                            Last edited by Tbonem3; 01-26-2023, 03:52 PM.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
                              One of mine has a rubber grommet over it (Part # 12521737944) as shown in the image below, but the smaller plug does not have a rubber cover. I would like to buy one and it appears to be different from the one shown and I can't seem to identify the part number.
                              Some discussion about that here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...oot#post110938

No good consensus as to why sone cars have it and some don't though
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Thanks guys...

Comment

Working...
                                X