Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there supposed to be any panel covers or grommets at the bottom of this well? Looks like there is a hole there.

This is the top left corner of the engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
    Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
    SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
    ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
    Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by /M3 View Post

Fuel system diagnosis cylinders 1-3
      Fuel system diagnosis cylinders 4-6

These are the only two error codes that I constantly get at every 3-4 drive cycle.
      I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and the fuel pressure regulator (under lifetime warranty from FCP). Still getting these two codes.

I’m wondering if the car not being tuned for 272/280 cams have anything to do with these codes? Running a MAFless base map currently. Will be on the dyno in 3 weeks.

Comment

can I run 18x10.5 et 25 squared without having to roll the front fenders?

also tires would need to be 265 or 275/35/18 right?

thanks!
        ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
        ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Depends, like anything.

Might fit, but what if it requires so much neg camber that you don't have full tire contact with the ground?

Michelin tires or more narrow tire brand?

Why do you need a 10.5" rim up front? Heavy aero'd track car? Prob not, you'd have widened/modified fenders I would assume.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Is there a detailing thread on here? I'm looking for a thread specifically dedicated to detailing the paint on our cars - from clay bar, compound, polish, and waxing. If not maybe I'll start one, wanted to ask here first!
            - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and the fuel pressure regulator (under lifetime warranty from FCP). Still getting these two codes.

I’m wondering if the car not being tuned for 272/280 cams have anything to do with these codes? Running a MAFless base map currently. Will be on the dyno in 3 weeks.
              If your car is not tuned for 280/272 cams, then that is your first problem. Talk to a tuner and also consider upgrading your fuel injectors if you have other supporting mods that give your engine more air.
              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

If your car is not tuned for 280/272 cams, then that is your first problem. Talk to a tuner and also consider upgrading your fuel injectors if you have other supporting mods that give your engine more air.
                SS V1 headers + 2.5” exhaust system back to the muffler, CSL box and 272/280 cams. Aren’t the factory injectors sufficient at this point? Bosh Green Giants are an easy upgrade too if necessary.

Comment

SS V1 headers + 2.5” exhaust system back to the muffler, CSL box and 272/280 cams. Aren’t the factory injectors sufficient at this point? Bosh Green Giants are an easy upgrade too if necessary.
                  If you have a CSL airbox and cams I’d consider upgrading your injectors. There are recent conversations that suggest those two mods alone will max the duty cycle in stock injectors. However, as I mentioned before you should discuss this with your tuner. Other members have used 550cc injectors with good results and reported it solved hesitation issues at WOT
                  2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Depends, like anything.

Might fit, but what if it requires so much neg camber that you don't have full tire contact with the ground?

Michelin tires or more narrow tire brand?

Why do you need a 10.5" rim up front? Heavy aero'd track car? Prob not, you'd have widened/modified fenders I would assume.
                    thanks for the reply

I found some wheels locally, but they are 10.5 squared. I figured it would take a decent amount of modification to work. I think I'll keep looking
                    ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
                    ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Tire width
                      Wheel diameter
                      Wheel width
                      Suspension stiffness
                      Lubricant viscosity
                      Brake size
                      Overall vehicle size
                      Ride height
                      Camber

^ As much as necessary, but as little as possible.
                      Last edited by IamFODI; 10-14-2022, 05:07 PM.
                      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                      Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

If you have a CSL airbox and cams I’d consider upgrading your injectors. There are recent conversations that suggest those two mods alone will max the duty cycle in stock injectors. However, as I mentioned before you should discuss this with your tuner. Other members have used 550cc injectors with good results and reported it solved hesitation issues at WOT
                        I asked him that before I started modifying and again after you wrote it, he said no need for bigger injectors. I am going to change the O2 sensors again as a last shot before heading to the dyno for tuning on Wednesday. I just can’t think of anything else. Or simply the car just needs to be tuned properly for the modifications. Thankfully I am DIYer and the parts have lifetime warranty through FCP since I replaced them when I first got the car.

Comment

Will any pre-LCI coupe door cards fit an M3? For example, a 2001 325i coupe door cards would fit M3?
                          2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                          ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Hello,

I received camber plates like this from GC. That doesn’t seem normal. Balls were falling off when I opened the package. I am not sure how to assemble it. Anyone had the same experience ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	164F3C48-A07B-45A7-8A1A-46225D28392A.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	188830

Comment

Originally posted by E46m3zcp View Post
                              Hello,

I received camber plates like this from GC. That doesn’t seem normal. Balls were falling off when I opened the package. I am not sure how to assemble it. Anyone had the same experience ?
                              It looks like that OE style strut bearing is missing the lower black cover. The OE BMW one is made by INA, but it seems you can only buy the OE one with the strut mount from FCP for $22. They used to sell it separately IIRC.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...g-31331090612a
                              Last edited by Slideways; 10-16-2022, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post
                                Will any pre-LCI coupe door cards fit an M3? For example, a 2001 325i coupe door cards would fit M3?
                                AFAIR, yes, but it is not Nappa leather. Learned it the hard way.

Comment

Working...
                                X