X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E46m3zcp View Post
    Hello,

I received camber plates like this from GC. That doesn’t seem normal. Balls were falling off when I opened the package. I am not sure how to assemble it. Anyone had the same experience ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	164F3C48-A07B-45A7-8A1A-46225D28392A.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	188830
    It looks like the "missing" half is stuck in the piece on the left of the photo. It should be a plastic piece with a round groove that's coated in grease.
    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Hello,

I received camber plates like this from GC. That doesn’t seem normal. Balls were falling off when I opened the package. I am not sure how to assemble it. Anyone had the same experience ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	164F3C48-A07B-45A7-8A1A-46225D28392A.jpg Views:	35 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	188830
      I have a complete pair of those yellow/black bearings I can sell you if you want. I have a new set for $34 shipped usps or a lightly used set I'll sell for $25 shipped. New is $50 after tax.

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

How do I get this illuminated shift knob to work? It came with wires but no connector. Got it off eBay for $60. In my mind I want to just take the old connector off and reuse it but is that even possible? Is there a diy for this somewhere, with pics? I know nothing about wiring but would like to figure this out.
        2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Buy a plug from the dealer/online vendor and wire it up. Find the right plug on realoem.com

Or buy a broken shift knob and cut off the plug and repurpose it.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

has anyone ever seen the gauge cluster (either speed or tach, i forget) needle "jump" when the car is off? I last recall seeing it do that when I turned the car off and removed the key but it could have been when I opened or closed the door.

I've chalked if off as old car quirks but wondered if anyone else has seen it.

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
              has anyone ever seen the gauge cluster (either speed or tach, i forget) needle "jump" when the car is off? I last recall seeing it do that when I turned the car off and removed the key but it could have been when I opened or closed the door.

I've chalked if off as old car quirks but wondered if anyone else has seen it.
              Yeah, it tends to only do it when opening the door as the cluster and other components get power after sitting for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Yeah, it tends to only do it when opening the door as the cluster and other components get power after sitting for a while.
                thanks for confirming. I thought there was something wrong electrically because I haven't seen that in any other car but BMWs (my old E30 did it too lol)

build/journal

Comment

Request: For anyone running 13.5" front and 13" rear ride height as measured from center of wheel to fender lip. Could you take measurements from the ground to a fixed point on the chassis under the car for the front and rear (not body or rocker panels). Ideally you would be on 18's and a track oriented tire profile, but anything will help me.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Hey guys, looking for some help on a starting problem I’ve been having. My car will sometimes start up just fine but sometimes it won’t turn over just get a single click. This usually happens after the car started in the morning and I turn it off briefly after getting to my destination, when I come back it doesn’t start.

I’ve replaced the battery days ago and alternator recently. Starter I don’t think has ever changed, mileage is at 72,000.

If anyone experienced this one click issue when cranking I would love to hear if it was the starter or something else.

Thanks!

Comment

Here is a dumb question: where was the owner's manual stored when the car came new?

Mine does not have a leather case or anything, I have 3-4 booklets that I keep in a desk at home because I'm not sure where they're supposed to be stored in the car.

Comment

Here is a dumb question: where was the owner's manual stored when the car came new?

Mine does not have a leather case or anything, I have 3-4 booklets that I keep in a desk at home because I'm not sure where they're supposed to be stored in the car.
                        To my knowledge, there is no specific storage for it in the car. If you did not received the leather case with the car and the car was purchased 2nd hand, the case is probably lost or with a previous owner. You should be able to get one off eBay for $30-40.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post
                          Hey guys, looking for some help on a starting problem I’ve been having. My car will sometimes start up just fine but sometimes it won’t turn over just get a single click. This usually happens after the car started in the morning and I turn it off briefly after getting to my destination, when I come back it doesn’t start.

I’ve replaced the battery days ago and alternator recently. Starter I don’t think has ever changed, mileage is at 72,000.

If anyone experienced this one click issue when cranking I would love to hear if it was the starter or something else.

Thanks!
                          Just a thought..
                          I had an issue once in which I was an intermittent no crank due to the clutch switch not being engaged. That was the fault of an improperly adjusted clutch stop. Your single click if different, but similar.

If you have a 6 speed move the clutch pedal by hand and listen for an audible click from the relay.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post

Thanks!
                            I had the same symptoms in my car. Cleaned starter terminals and did some other stuff to try to resolve it. Starter swap ultimately ended up being the fix for me.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I dropped the quarter glass nut down the b pilar, i tried the magnet, and couldn't find it.

Whats the part number to the nut? I tried realoem, but i couldnt find hte right diagram as the glazing diagram didn't have the nut.

Also looked in the abc, trim panel diagram and it wasn't tehre.
                              Last edited by L0okitzRaj; 11-03-2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

My car has been having a weird starting/battery problem lately. Most times, I go out to the car, unlock it, start it up, totally fine. But occasionally, the car will act as if the battery is completely dead. Usually this happens after I have been driving the car for a while, park, then try to start it up again. No crank, no windows, no power locks. But then I might go away for 5 or 10 minutes, come back, and it's fine and starts right up. I'm so confused.

I can jump start and bump start it on a downhill and it acts completely normal. And the battery IS charged, it's an OPTIMA Red Top and I have pulled it and recharged it out of the car twice in the last two months. Neither time was it under 75% but I charged it fully anyway. Connections are good. Where do I start on this?
                                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                                X