Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chasing a squeak somewhere behind the dash atm that is driving me crazy. My interior is otherwise very quiet and does not have any rattles unless on a very bumpy surface which makes this squeak stand out a lot.

Almost sounds like a chirp as if there's a baby bird behind the center console. I pulled all of the center console stuff (radio, sunglass holder center console/armrest piece) out and it's still there. It's unpredictable, intermittent and I can't make it happen but seems to happen more often when going over bumps in the road and I also can't tell exactly where its coming from other than behind the dash somewhere.

I thought maybe blower motor since supposedly they can make a similar noise but after pulling fuse 50 (which should(?) stop powering going to the blower motor) the squeak is still there. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
      Chasing a squeak somewhere behind the dash atm that is driving me crazy. My interior is otherwise very quiet and does not have any rattles unless on a very bumpy surface which makes this squeak stand out a lot.

Almost sounds like a chirp as if there's a baby bird behind the center console. I pulled all of the center console stuff (radio, sunglass holder center console/armrest piece) out and it's still there. It's unpredictable, intermittent and I can't make it happen but seems to happen more often when going over bumps in the road and I also can't tell exactly where its coming from other than behind the dash somewhere.

I thought maybe blower motor since supposedly they can make a similar noise but after pulling fuse 50 (which should(?) stop powering going to the blower motor) the squeak is still there. Any ideas?
      maybe it's the DME blower? it's located a bit more in front of the driver than the center dash but it's been known to squeak as well.
      "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
      ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

DME blower motor zzyzx85 suggested. When mine was going out I was convinced the chirp wasn't coming from the drivers side foot rest area. It was, new blower motor fixed it.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

DME blower motor zzyzx85 suggested. When mine was going out I was convinced the chirp wasn't coming from the drivers side foot rest area. It was, new blower motor fixed it.
          I thought this as well but my M3 is right hand drive so the DME blower fan is in the passenger footwell. Would have thought I'd hear it coming from there more obviously. I will grab one off a scrap car and replace and see if it goes away.

Comment

My DME sounded like straight-up crickets coming from my footwell where the clutch pedal was - but it echoed through the cabin pretty badly until I really listened to where it was coming from. This was the part I ordered in case you need a reference - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/12907570074/
            - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Thanks everyone, I don't want to jinx it but replaced with one from a scrap yard car for $15 and haven't heard the squeak in what would be a record long drive so I'm hopeful that was it. Love this forum :P

Comment

Dangit, spoke too soon... Went on a longer drive today and still something squeaking. Guess I'll keep digging

Comment

Quick question regarding interior trim. Looking at replacing my door pulls ony 02, and found a RHD set on eBay. My understanding that the RHD and LHD door trims are the same and they just use a blanking plate on the unused mirror adjust cutout.

Is this correct? Not a bad price.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Enfield View Post
                    Quick question regarding interior trim. Looking at replacing my door pulls ony 02, and found a RHD set on eBay. My understanding that the RHD and LHD door trims are the same and they just use a blanking plate on the unused mirror adjust cutout.

Is this correct? Not a bad price.
                    Yeah they are the same, just swap the blank plate over

Comment

Does anyone have a good link or comprehensive parts list for a carbon fiber roof installation?

I am aware of the headliner, bow and rails, but I know there are a few more headliner related parts as well as headliner options.

I haven't searched yet, just wondered if anyone had a list handy. Thanks.
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                        Does anyone have a good link or comprehensive parts list for a carbon fiber roof installation?

I am aware of the headliner, bow and rails, but I know there are a few more headliner related parts as well as headliner options.

I haven't searched yet, just wondered if anyone had a list handy. Thanks.
                        This is what I had ordered for mine .. haven't gotten around to get it installed, so can't tell if these are 100% sufficient or if there would be any other parts needed. The shop I went to in NoVA didn't want to "assume insurance responsibility in case the car flips", so trying to find another shop who will do the install.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	220
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	192741
                        2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                        Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                        SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                        ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                        Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Damn, the -065 Euro headliner seems to be backordered on some of the common sites, looks like Schmiedmann may have it in stock, better grab one, can always sell it if I don't go CF.

Edit: Schmiedmann doesn't have any, have to keep an eye out for these, worst case a US spec headliner wouldn't be horrible.
                          Last edited by Cubieman; 11-17-2022, 06:04 AM.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

My friggin rear view mirror fell apart lol. Some of the tabs along the top broke so I'm going to have to just glue it. Or maybe I'll tape it since no one can see the top. In light of that, I'm wondering if there's any viable reason I shouldn't just get a regular piece of glass to put in there? I don't care about the self dimming thing
                            Attached Files
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                              My friggin rear view mirror fell apart lol. Some of the tabs along the top broke so I'm going to have to just glue it. Or maybe I'll tape it since no one can see the top. In light of that, I'm wondering if there's any viable reason I shouldn't just get a regular piece of glass to put in there? I don't care about the self dimming thing
                              This is what happens when you have a scented tree in the car, even the mirror is repelled by it. But seriously, send it to Radar Mirror and have them fix it properly for 99 bucks or buy a used updated mirror from a Z4.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

This is what happens when you have a scented tree in the car, even the mirror is repelled by it. But seriously, send it to Radar Mirror and have them fix it properly for 99 bucks or buy a used updated mirror from a Z4.
                                lol that's part of a mailer promo piece I made a while back. I ordered x amount and got double. but yea that sounds like a good deal. I'd rather let someone else do it
                                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                                X