This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
    My friggin rear view mirror fell apart lol. Some of the tabs along the top broke so I'm going to have to just glue it. Or maybe I'll tape it since no one can see the top. In light of that, I'm wondering if there's any viable reason I shouldn't just get a regular piece of glass to put in there? I don't care about the self dimming thing
    If your not dead set on the oval look, the mirrors of the late 2000s BMW's are a plug and play fit, (unless you have the BMW assist)

I got one out of a 2008 5 series from a junk yard. Paid like 20 bucks. Dimming works fine and also added a garage door opener.

Comment

Further question about the trim. Are the rear armrests the same on coupe and convertable?

Actually, what interior trims from the sedan and convertable will fit a couoe? I'm referring to the strips on the dash, door pulls, arm rest bottoms, and the trim around the gear shift.

Trying to find a good set of metal trim to replace the peeling trim in my car.
      Last edited by Lee_Enfield; 11-18-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Coupe and vert share all pieces except rear arm rests iirc.

Sedan would probably only be the dash and center pieces that would fit coupe.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Coupe and vert share all pieces except rear arm rests iirc.

Sedan would probably only be the dash and center pieces that would fit coupe.
          Ok, thanks for the info.

Comment

Which size is the best Quick Jack size for e46 M3, e36 M3, and 986 Boxster? They’re on sale (not as good as the deals in years past though)
            Last edited by Nate047; 11-19-2022, 10:12 PM.
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
              Which size is the best Quick Jack size for e46 M3, e36 M3, and 986 Boxster? They’re on sale (not as good as the deals in years past though)
              If you're looking for a portable car lift from QuickJack, but you are unsure which model is best for your vehicle, use our measuring guide to get you started!

The regular length 5000 should work. I think I have the regular length 7000 and it works fine for the E46 M3 also.
              2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

I am thinking of getting a set of Cobra Nogaro seats and part of the reasoning is weight savings, I wondered if one retained the power sliders (as I have) how much of a weight penalty there is as compared to using manual sliders.

I imagine the bulk of the motors stay with the seat itself and only the forward/back motor stays in the slider, correct?

From what I understand you get a bit more headroom with the nogaros using the power sliders.
                I'll probably source some manual sliders from a sedan/wagon regardless as I would like to drop as much weight as possible. Bonus points for part #'s.
                Last edited by Cubieman; 11-23-2022, 09:44 PM.
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                  I am thinking of getting a set of Cobra Nogaro seats and part of the reasoning is weight savings, I wondered if one retained the power sliders (as I have) how much of a weight penalty there is as compared to using manual sliders.

I imagine the bulk of the motors stay with the seat itself and only the forward/back motor stays in the slider, correct?

From what I understand you get a bit more headroom with the nogaros using the power sliders.
                  I'll probably source some manual sliders from a sedan/wagon regardless as I would like to drop as much weight as possible. Bonus points for part #'s.
                  A Nogaro on manual slider is around 31 lbs, about 3 lbs heavier if on power slider. Full weight stock seats are around 65 lbs each, so net you'll be dropping about 60 lbs after getting Nogaros in the car.

You can't buy sliders separately, as they are part of the seat base, so no part # bonuses .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Quick follow up question in regards to manual sliders with the nogaros.
                    I have read you want non-M sliders from an E46 Sedan/Wagon, are coupe sliders not compatible?

Instagram

Comment

Quick follow up question in regards to manual sliders with the nogaros.
                      I have read you want non-M sliders from an E46 Sedan/Wagon, are coupe sliders not compatible?
                      There is a whole Nogaro thread with everything explained , but coupe sliders work, just that sedan has the outboard belt mount to the slider that moves as you move the seat forward/backward, while coupe will rely on the stock mounting location at the b pillar.

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

What would cause the car to shake at idle through 2.5K’ish RPM when started from cold?

This happened to me after the car sat for a couple of cold days. When I started the car, it sounded ok. But in the seat, I could feel low vibration, almost car wanting to go left and right.

As I applied a bit of gas, shaking was a bit more, closer to 2 to 2.5K RPM.

No lights, no smoke, just a bit of shaking/vibration. Could it be the engine mounts going bad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                        Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                        SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                        ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                        Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post
                          What would cause the car to shake at idle through 2.5K’ish RPM when started from cold?

This happened to me after the car sat for a couple of cold days. When I started the car, it sounded ok. But in the seat, I could feel low vibration, almost car wanting to go left and right.

As I applied a bit of gas, shaking was a bit more, closer to 2 to 2.5K RPM.

No lights, no smoke, just a bit of shaking/vibration. Could it be the engine mounts going bad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Outside of a misfire, old or worn engine mounts will be the cause of vibrations in the cabin.

Comment

Does anyone else get a slight rattling/knocking sound when shutting the engine off? I'll have to see if I can get a recording of it.

Instagram

Comment

Does anyone else get a slight rattling/knocking sound when shutting the engine off? I'll have to see if I can get a recording of it.
                              Sometimes a sign of the dual mass flywheel getting tired

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Wondering what the go to fuel pump solution is for dedicated track/race car. OEM tank, stock injectors, csl intake and open exhaust. I think my original fuel pump is tired? We were struggling to feed it more fuel when tuning.

Comment

Working...
                                X