Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried retrofitting an E9X muffler onto an E46 M3? I saw a Beckers Performance muffler with gold tips that I really like and I’m wondering if I could modify it to fit my M3

Comment

What are high mileage used half shafts going for these days?

2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Been curious what this cylindrical module inside the front bumper on the drivers side is? It’s mounted on a bracket on the bumper cover itself, and has to be slid off it before removing the bumper cover from the car.
        Attached Files
        2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
        Instagram
        Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post
          Been curious what this cylindrical module inside the front bumper on the drivers side is? It’s mounted on a bracket on the bumper cover itself, and has to be slid off it before removing the bumper cover from the car.
          That’s the harness to connect the fog lights, horn, and washer sprayer.

Comment

I pulled the motor, but fuel keeps leaking out of the filter on to the ground. I have removed, dumped and installed the filter 2x and eventually it starts up again.

I’m confused as my impression of how the car is sitting should have the fuel line below the filter level.

how do I plug this fuel faucet?

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
              I pulled the motor, but fuel keeps leaking out of the filter on to the ground. I have removed, dumped and installed the filter 2x and eventually it starts up again.

I’m confused as my impression of how the car is sitting should have the fuel line below the filter level.

how do I plug this fuel faucet?
              Never mind. Just removed the line from the engine and plugged back in. Problem ‘solved’

Comment

Never mind. Just removed the line from the engine and plugged back in. Problem ‘solved’
                Yeah, I think it's like a slow syphon pulling fuel from the tank. I could be wrong. I eventually just plugged mine too. Problem solved.
                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Here's a strange one.
                  2004 factory manual.
                  When I first ran a fault scan on my car, one fault on the reverse sensors was that the inside right hand sensor was awol.'
                  The system did work.
                  In time, the clutch module failed...so stalling issues and no cruise control.
                  But also no reverse light sensors as I soldiered along with the incorrect '898 module. The correct 700 module was NLA.
                  I bought a euro '703 but did not get around to installing it.
                  The '700 is now available..Yessss! i bought one and I have cruise and reverse sensors restored.
                  Are the reverse sensors tied in to the clutch module?
                  Sounds like the dme wants to know what gear the car is in, smg or not.

Comment

Which piston rings would you buy for standard OE 87mm BMW pistons? I don't know if either are OE, but I sure would like to!

Mahle - now made and shipped from China - $178
                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/19371527375...LAq8lWnkpBY%3D

NPR - Hack Engineering approved - made in Japan - $240 + shipping
                    https://www.hackengineering.co.uk/pr...-ring-set-s54/

What says yee, build-an-engine-by-committee?

Comment

Which piston rings would you buy for standard OE 87mm BMW pistons? I don't know if either are OE, but I sure would like to!

Mahle - now made and shipped from China - $178
                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/19371527375...LAq8lWnkpBY%3D

NPR - Hack Engineering approved - made in Japan - $240 + shipping
                      https://www.hackengineering.co.uk/pr...-ring-set-s54/

What says yee, build-an-engine-by-committee?
                      Based on this thread - https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa....188257/page-3, NPR seems like the best solution for stock pistons.

Comment

Who is the OEM for ZCP (and non-ZCP if it differs) brake pads? I've read Textar most places but just want to confirm.

I'd rather not purchase Genuine BMW pads from FCP for double the price if it's not necessary. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post
                          Who is the OEM for ZCP (and non-ZCP if it differs) brake pads? I've read Textar most places but just want to confirm.

I'd rather not purchase Genuine BMW pads from FCP for double the price if it's not necessary. Thanks!
                          If you look at the product photos on FCP of the genuine pads, the fronts have Jurid markings and the rears have Textar. Whether the OEM-branded versions are the same pad, I'm not sure.

FCP does mark the OE of the rears as Jurid, but there's a chance that the Jurid product is just a Textar pad in the box. This has been the case with other brake pads as all these brands are in bed with each other.
                          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

If you look at the product photos on FCP of the genuine pads, the fronts have Jurid markings and the rears have Textar. Whether the OEM-branded versions are the same pad, I'm not sure.

FCP does mark the OE of the rears as Jurid, but there's a chance that the Jurid product is just a Textar pad in the box. This has been the case with other brake pads as all these brands are in bed with each other.
                            Thanks for pointing that out - I only noticed the Textar stamping on the rears, I couldn't make out the stamping on the fronts, but I thought it looked like they were stamped Textar too.

Another thing that throws me off is the picture in the item profile for the Textar pads looks different than the BMW stamped Textar (yellow codes, E1 vs E9 (?), etc.).

Comment

In the pictures on ECS, Textar is front ant rear on the ZCP. Non-ZCP is Jurid front and Textar rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                                In the pictures on ECS, Textar is front ant rear on the ZCP. Non-ZCP is Jurid front and Textar rear.
                                Got it, thanks for the heads up - Textar it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X