Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just don’t forget that you unbolted your bar and raise the car up without bolting the strut tops back down.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Where exactly are the grounds located?
      Mine was bad at the harness connector to the bulb holder. Google search E46 tail light ground and you'll see pictures.
      2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
      Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
      Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        If using a one piece strut brace (like a DMG) would losing alignment ever be a worry when removing the brace so long as the wheels are on the ground or is this a non-issue?

I would like to get a more substantial brace like a DMG, I know there are a few designs that have joints to allow for removal of just the brace portion but I'm not looking to spend that kind of $.
        You definitely want to mark the position of the brace before removing.

Easiest way I can think of is to put to masking tape down on top of the actual strut tower (chassis) so it's flush with the edge of the mount. Or if you can slide the tape under the bar/brace just a tad, use a pencil or pen to scribe the outside perimeter of the mount. You'll get the bar back to the same place when reinstalling.
        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Picture uploading question - pics on my phone are oriented correctly, but when I upload they often are randomly turned 90 degrees...

Any guidance on how to fix would be appreciated.

Thx
          '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
          '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by 01M3Fan View Post
            Picture uploading question - pics on my phone are oriented correctly, but when I upload they often are randomly turned 90 degrees...

Any guidance on how to fix would be appreciated.

Thx
            yeah, it's been annoying. seems like the only fix is to upload to an external photo host and link the photos here. it's a bug in the forum software.
            "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
            ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post

yeah, it's been annoying. seems like the only fix is to upload to an external photo host and link the photos here. it's a bug in the forum software.
              Seems to only be vertically oriented (portrait) pics. Landscape/horizontal is fine.
              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Seems to only be vertically oriented (portrait) pics. Landscape/horizontal is fine.
                I've had the issue with landscape pics too. Workaround I've been using is to rotate the pic a full 360 deg (in preview on a mac) and save. Then they upload fine.

Relevant: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/t...to-orientation
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Rotate using what software? Your phone's? I don't think there's a rotation option within this vbb.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Rotate using what software? Your phone's? I don't think there's a rotation option within this vbb.
                    Preview on a mac
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I have an Automator script that 4x rotates my photos, removes all metadata, and resizes it to be forum reasonable, before I upload them.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I’ll try to rotate them and see if that works. Thx
                        '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
                        '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

I have been using the editor on Android to change resolution to 80% and that also makes the photos oriented correctly, not the best solution in all cases but it does work.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

How come I can’t see a member’s posts from their profile page? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Click Filter, select All Time
                              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Anyone know where to get a hold of a legit FMS installer?
                                I may be doing this sooner than later and with the cost of the seals going through 3-4 of them with a Dixie cup doesn't sound fun. Although I'm sure the tool isn't cheap either.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X