Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 e46 m3 interior lighting question. Does anybody know if the climate control display is supposed to dim like the main cluster and Business CD? In other words, when I dim my cluster using the radial dial next to the headlight switch the main cluster and Business CD screens change. The climate control display stay at 100% brightness and does not dim. Should it? If so, any solutions how to fix?

Comment

When ordering new Bosch fuel injectors, do they come with the necessary o rings or would I have to purchase new ones separately ?

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
        When ordering new Bosch fuel injectors, do they come with the necessary o rings or would I have to purchase new ones separately ?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...h-0280156052kt
        They do include the necessary o-rings.
        "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
        ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

On a side note regarding fuel injectors I see both genuine BMW and Bosch are out of stock with no ETA on FCP and ECS. Has this been the case for a while?

I am looking to stock up on basic items like coils/injectors/cooling components before they potentially go NLA and the fuel injectors not being available isn't great.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Bmw brand injectors are around $200 ea while bosches I think were 60ish.

They were available last I checked so probably out of stock. I don't think coils will go nla as many cars use the same overlapping ones and the oe supplier will continue to manufacture them.

*edit - I see bmw branded in stock at fcp.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
              Bmw brand injectors are around $200 ea while bosches I think were 60ish.

They were available last I checked so probably out of stock. I don't think coils will go nla as many cars use the same overlapping ones and the oe supplier will continue to manufacture them.

*edit - I see bmw branded in stock at fcp.
              I sure hope those Bosch injectors come back, $48 vs $250..

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I sure hope those Bosch injectors come back, $48 vs $250..
                Bosch ones are china fyi.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

On a side note regarding fuel injectors I see both genuine BMW and Bosch are out of stock with no ETA on FCP and ECS. Has this been the case for a while?

I am looking to stock up on basic items like coils/injectors/cooling components before they potentially go NLA and the fuel injectors not being available isn't great.
                  The Bosch injectors were available as of Friday afternoon but quickly sold out. I left the item in my “saved for later” and I received an email as soon as they became available. I ordered ASAP bc I missed out on the last bunch they had.

The OEM ones I haven’t seen available in quite a bit until recently as mentioned above.

Comment

Do our injectors have a tendency of going bad or do most prefer to replace them rather than get them cleaned?

I bought a new set but I'm planning on sending out my old set for flow testing and cleaning.

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal

Comment

I wouldn't replace my german made ones for chinese injectors. Get them cleaned and go from there.

Comment

The Bosch injectors were available Friday via FCP Euros website. I placed my order but was informed today through email that the injectors are out of stock. Probably a glitch in their system. I may follow jet_dogg advice and have mine cleaned.

I read that the o-rings are brittle and can cause fuel systems to lose pressure overnight and cause cranking issues when sitting for a bit.. I'm currently having this problem. Do they have Viton o-ring kits for the upper and lower fuel injectors?

Comment

I hope the Bosch come back, I'm willing to give them a try. $250 a piece is a tough pill to shallow but is what it is. Is there a general consensus on Bosch vs BMW?

Also, what about water pumps? Genuine or bust?

Instagram

Comment

I hope the Bosch come back, I'm willing to give them a try. $250 a piece is a tough pill to shallow but is what it is. Is there a general consensus on Bosch vs BMW?

Bosch is the OE supplier to BMW for the injectors so go with Bosch if you want to save some money.

If the Bosch fuel injectors are made in China, they're probably stuck on a ship off the coast of CA right now lol. I think they'll be back in stock in a few weeks.

As for water pumps, I'd go with genuine. Stories and testimonies seems like the aftermarket pumps are hit-or-miss.
                            Last edited by zzyzx85; 11-09-2021, 10:51 AM.

build/journal

Comment

Cubieman i just had mine replaced with OEM. I did a lot of research and the consensus was to stick with stock water pump and rad.

Comment

Genuine is the only one that comes with the composite impeller, so yes stick to genuine
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X