Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I removed my exhaust and the flange on section 1 at the header broke due to rust. I don't want to upgrade my exhaust now, I'd just like to fix it and put it back on. It's too rusty to just weld, I am thinking of cutting the pipe and welding a piece of pipe with a compatible flange (the rest of the exhaust has less corrosion and is still usable).

I've looked on Amazon, Summit, a couple other places and couldn't find a flange repair tube that matched the diameter of that pipe.
    The OD of the header pipe that goes into this one is 2.5in, so I'd need a flange repair with an ID of 2.5in, anyone has done this repair before? What have you used?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	261.4 KB ID:	273274
    Last edited by E46m3zcp; 07-25-2024, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E46m3zcp View Post
      I removed my exhaust and the flange on section 1 at the header broke due to rust. I don't want to upgrade my exhaust now, I'd just like to fix it and put it back on. It's too rusty to just weld, I am thinking of cutting the pipe and welding a piece of pipe with a compatible flange (the rest of the exhaust has less corrosion and is still usable).

I've looked on Amazon, Summit, a couple other places and couldn't find a flange repair tube that matched the diameter of that pipe.
      The OD of the header pipe that goes into this one is 2.5in, so I'd need a flange repair with an ID of 2.5in, anyone has done this repair before? What have you used?

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	261.4 KB ID:	273274
      Pick up a used section 1. They are about 50 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Pick up a used section 1. They are about 50 bucks.
        really? I would if I found one. I didn’t find any for 50 bucks so far and I need both 1 and 2, as both ends flared ends are f*cked (though I did find a matching size piece of flared pipe for section 2)

Comment

really? I would if I found one. I didn’t find any for 50 bucks so far and I need both 1 and 2, as both ends flared ends are f*cked (though I did find a matching size piece of flared pipe for section 2)
          175 for section 1, 2, and 3 - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...d-cc8f9f1f3193

Comment

How are style 163M's/ZCP wheels on track? I've heard they're prone to cracking on the streets but wondered how they fair around track. I know squared style 67 18's are probably the better choice 10/10 times but I've always wanted a set of comp wheels.
            2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Any advice on shipping? Fedex is quoting me $240

Comment

My alarm has been going off randomly lately with clearly nothing setting it off, just when parked in the parking lot.

Is there a way to look at a code somewhere to see what's been triggering it to go off?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                  My alarm has been going off randomly lately with clearly nothing setting it off, just when parked in the parking lot.

Is there a way to look at a code somewhere to see what's been triggering it to go off?
                  I was able to scan mine using ISTA or INPA (I don't remember which one I used, but you should have this in either). Mine was doing the same, and it was due to the hood switch by the "drug bin".

Comment

I have INPA so hopefully I can check the log. Thanks!

Comment

I was able to scan mine using ISTA or INPA (I don't remember which one I used, but you should have this in either). Mine was doing the same, and it was due to the hood switch by the "drug bin".
                      Scanned it tonight using INPA and found several items, but the fault frequency of 12 on the hood switch leads me to believe it's the hood switch as well. Is it as easy as disconnecting it, or does it need to be replaced?

Click image for larger version

Name:	alarm faults.png
Views:	97
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	273800

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

Scanned it tonight using INPA and found several items, but the fault frequency of 12 on the hood switch leads me to believe it's the hood switch as well. Is it as easy as disconnecting it, or does it need to be replaced?

Click image for larger version  Name:	alarm faults.png Views:	0 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	273800
                        Yes, just disconnecting it will resolve it. I had left mine disconnected while waiting for the part. Given the 12 errors, it's most likely your culprit! You could also clear codes and wait until it does it again, and check that it's the Hood switch.

Comment

Yes, just disconnecting it will resolve it. I had left mine disconnected while waiting for the part. Given the 12 errors, it's most likely your culprit! You could also clear codes and wait until it does it again, and check that it's the Hood switch.
                          Confirmed! Happened twice today. Thanks for the help.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	alarm faults 2.png
Views:	74
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	273892

Comment

Hood sensor switch problems are relatively common unfortunately. You can also disable the alarm by pressing lock shortly after locking. The clown nose on the mirror will go solid for a bit to confirm.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	261.4 KB ID:	273274
                              Ran into the same issue when removing the exhaust for the subframe job. Tried to weld it together but didn't feel confident it was going to be leak-free and didn't want to find out after it was all reassembled. I purchased a used one from mpartsww on eBay.

Comment

when do i get to pm or reply to a pm

Comment

Working...
                                X