Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to keep the black square amp in the trunk behind the left wheel well to get sound from the front speakers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
      You need to keep the black square amp in the trunk behind the left wheel well to get sound from the front speakers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Cool, thanks man. How about the sub and rear 6x9s? Can I lose those?
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Cool, thanks man. How about the sub and rear 6x9s? Can I lose those?
        Ye, the 6x9 HK amp is attached to the housing
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Looking at potentially buying an M6 locally but one relatively large problem is the (factory) carbon fiber roof is yellowed. From what I gather these are clear coated and gel coated.

What options if any would I have to get this looking better and what type of costs might I be in for?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20230429_172849.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	216463

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

I was trying to remove the cross over pipe on some 996 calipers, and managed to round off the fasteners. I can't get a hold on them with vise grips either. Any bright ideas on how to get these off?

I thought cut the pipe, try an extractor bit, or cut a slit in it with a dremel and back it out with a big flat head. But LMK if there's an easier solution I'm missing. (I have replacements so I don’t need to save the old ones)

Last edited by Nate047; 05-04-2023, 10:21 PM.
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
              New to e46 m3 platform. Are control arm ball joints servicable? I used e30 balljoints on my e36 m3 using a press. Significantly less expensive than buying the whole arm. Can't find any info on this.
              For fronts, not serviceable since the arm is aluminum and is too much liability trying to press it out and then a new one in, without damaging the arm. The 4 in the rear can be pressed out fairly easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                I was trying to remove the cross over pipe on some 996 calipers, and managed to round off the fasteners. I can't get a hold on them with vise grips either. Any bright ideas on how to get these off?

I thought cut the pipe, try an extractor bit, or cut a slit in it with a dremel and back it out with a big flat head. But LMK if there's an easier solution I'm missing. (I have replacements so I don’t need to save the old ones)
                Just cut the pipe flush with the head of the bolt then use a socket to remove it like a normal bolt. Dremeling a slit it in wont work because the pipe will not spin with the bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post

Just cut the pipe flush with the head of the bolt then use a socket to remove it like a normal bolt. Dremeling a slit it in wont work because the pipe will not spin with the bolt.
                  I’ll try but the thing is rounded so badly that I’m not sure a socket will grab it either.
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Perhaps a e-torx or a 12pt will grab better? I like the idea of vice grips,ut you say you tried that already.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                      Looking at potentially buying an M6 locally but one relatively large problem is the (factory) carbon fiber roof is yellowed. From what I gather these are clear coated and gel coated.

What options if any would I have to get this looking better and what type of costs might I be in for?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20230429_172849.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	216463

Sand it all downa nd re-clear it I guess. A paint correction won't get rid of most of the yellowing. Re-clear would be maybe $500 hard to say what shops are charging nowadays.

Comment

I got one of them after cutting the pipe and using a socket and breaker bar, but the other one is being a huge fucker. I don't have any e torx sockets but I probably could try that. Still though I think it might be too rounded off. I tried to use an extractor to drill it out and remove it, but I couldn't get enough torque even with my plug in drill. I tried to use the extractor on something unrelated and I also could not get it to work. So maybe I'm somehow doing it wrong, or I have the two most stubborn bolts of all time I think I'm going to bring the caliper to my friend's shop and see if he has any ideas before welding something on to the end to get it out that way.
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Question about sway bar bushings. I see FCP only has super expensive Genuine BMW, or Poly(better price). Are poly's okay in this case?

On another note, I saw in this thread someone recommended this part #31351126577 which is much more cost effective. Can anyone confirm if either of the alternatives(poly or e21 bushings) are suitable here?

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

The factory clearcoat starts to shed in large sheets and it can be peeled off completely. Then it can be cleaned and re-cleared.

After 8 years in business, I think we've finally found the absolute worst possible failure related to sun damage we've ever seen. What started as a small spo...

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

The factory clearcoat starts to shed in large sheets and it can be peeled off completely. Then it can be cleaned and re-cleared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80m4ld6LZM
                              Woah. So basically part it in the sun until you can peel the whole thing off Cubieman
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Has anyone purchased from ZNMPerformance located in NJ? Looks like they have lifetime warranty similar to FCP, free ship, and so on. Might give them a go on my next order.

Comment

Working...
                                X