Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this has been asked already, but I don't frequent the forum enough to know. What's the orange status bar under member avatars for? It appears to represent reputation? Are there varying thresholds?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
      Maybe this has been asked already, but I don't frequent the forum enough to know. What's the orange status bar under member avatars for? It appears to represent reputation? Are there varying thresholds?
      Likes accumulated. Looks like you're about half way to being sorta somewhat maybe half-ish liked.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Does anyone happen to have a list of what parts/brands to use when doing a stock clutch and/or flywheel replacement?
        Thanks.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
          Does anyone happen to have a list of what parts/brands to use when doing a stock clutch and/or flywheel replacement?
          Thanks.
          Luk Clutch disk
          OE BMW pilot bearing
          OE Bolts
          Pivot pin, either stock or E34 steel one

and I'm fairly certain Luk makes the OE flywheel, but not 100% sure. If the surface is still in good condition, the stock one can be used with a new clutch disc as stated in the maintenance thread. If the rear main seal is not leaking, a shop I asked said it is best to leave the original one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post
            How do you remove the badge on the fender grille? FCP has the emblem for $64 or I can buy the one with the supporting plate for $52. Does that mean I can pop out the emblem without removing the entire grille? I can not figure out why the one with less parts is more expensive.
            Not sure why you want to replace the emblem and I know I'm not answering your question, but if you are replacing due to some fading, you can hit them with some fine auto paint or acrylic polish by hand, and they clean up pretty good. That's what I did, after balking at the price for new ones.

Comment

Can anyone confirm that the rear upper and lower control arm ball joints are the same? PN shows up as 33306852895​ for both, but they visually look different in the diagram.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	7A6F467E-4837-4652-B4D3-1DA104C13E72.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	215629
              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Part numbers are same bro bro rest easy.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

If I remove the stock HK amp, rear speakers, and sub, will the radio still play through the front? Knowing yea, it will sound shitty. Just curious if I can lose any of that stuff to clear up space and lose a couple lbs, or if it's an all or nothing kind of deal.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I installed the Eventuri intake. Car runs great. I took a look at my long term fuel trims and they are sitting at around +12%

Before the intake, they were close to 0%

Should I be concerned? I tried unplugging the battery for a bit, no change. Should I try resetting adaptations via INPA or just leave it?

Comment

Originally posted by Amos View Post
                      I installed the Eventuri intake. Car runs great. I took a look at my long term fuel trims and they are sitting at around +12%

Before the intake, they were close to 0%

Should I be concerned? I tried unplugging the battery for a bit, no change. Should I try resetting adaptations via INPA or just leave it?
                      I'd reset adaptations, but undoing the battery will have done that.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                        If I remove the stock HK amp, rear speakers, and sub, will the radio still play through the front? Knowing yea, it will sound shitty. Just curious if I can lose any of that stuff to clear up space and lose a couple lbs, or if it's an all or nothing kind of deal.
                        If you remove the big amp, you'll lose all sound.
                        2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Obioban knows something about removing HK to save weight amirite??
                          2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                          Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                          Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                            Obioban knows something about removing HK to save weight amirite??
                            Let's hear it
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

New to e46 m3 platform. Are control arm ball joints servicable? I used e30 balljoints on my e36 m3 using a press. Significantly less expensive than buying the whole arm. Can't find any info on this.

Comment

Currently running a SGT CSL bumper with a 1 piece carbon lip. Thinking of changing the lip from a 1 piece to the two piece splitters. I really don’t want to deal with Status Gruppe as their customer service is horrendous - Does anyone know of a quality two piece splitter option to go with? I assume you can change from a 1 piece to a two piece? Thanks in advance.
                                2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Working...
                                X