Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s completely unacceptable. Are you sure you were shipped the correct part number?

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
      That’s completely unacceptable. Are you sure you were shipped the correct part number?
      I may have ordered the wrong part, look at the top of my post for the edit with the part I ordered/installed and the part I placed an order for after finding out about the fitment issue.
      I should have checked realoem before ordering, I didn't think there was two different coils. Hopefully the difference is in the width as the part I received fit well except for the exposed sides.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I may have ordered the wrong part, look at the top of my post for the edit with the part I ordered/installed and the part I placed an order for after finding out about the fitment issue.
        I should have checked realoem before ordering, I didn't think there was two different coils. Hopefully the difference is in the width as the part I received fit well except for the exposed sides.
        I ordered 2894 back in 2020 and it fit perfectly. That other part you bought is definitely not the correct one.

Comment

I am on a roll today... $85 sunroof seal won't fit without cutting it, awesome!
          This IS the correct part number compared to my windshield cowl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230827_224536.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	230963

Instagram

Comment

MSS54 -> MSS54HP DME swap for SMG to 6MT swap cars - does the HP DME need to be coded for the 6MT swap?

I’m not sure if the HP DME came off of a 6MT or SMG car.

Thanks in advance
            '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

in the middle of an interior swap, thinking through what solution to get for the shifter as it's notchy as hell.

Anyone seen this shifter and boot before? PO changed from stock to a "short shifter" but couldn't recall the type, brand.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
                in the middle of an interior swap, thinking through what solution to get for the shifter as it's notchy as hell.

Anyone seen this shifter and boot before? PO changed from stock to a "short shifter" but couldn't recall the type, brand.
                Appears to be an Autosolutions SSK.

Comment

Regarding replacing motor mounts, do any of the exhaust components have to be disconnected (like header to section 1 connection) or can the engine be lifted with an engine support bar without having to disconnect any part of the exhaust?

I finally resolved and fixed my exhaust leaks not even 6 months ago and really don't want to disconnect any part of the exhaust and go through that again, to install Bimmerworld motor mounts.
                  2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
                  Instagram
                  Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post
                    Regarding replacing motor mounts, do any of the exhaust components have to be disconnected (like header to section 1 connection) or can the engine be lifted with an engine support bar without having to disconnect any part of the exhaust?

I finally resolved and fixed my exhaust leaks not even 6 months ago and really don't want to disconnect any part of the exhaust and go through that again, to install Bimmerworld motor mounts.
                    No need. If you're holding the engine with a support bar from up top, then you can drop the subframe slightly and it'll make you life a lot easier.

Undo top nuts from the engine bay, go under the car and undo bottom nuts, drop subframe a bit, swap mounts, then do everything in reverse.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Appears to be an Autosolutions SSK.
                      Wow i’m surprised given all the great reviews. This must be one of the greater reduction units but still, not the most buttery smooth shifting. Perhaps i need to try different trans fluid. Also have a new weighted oe knob ready to go in.

Edit. Took the boot off, pretty sure it(the boot) was just installed wacky.

No branding on the shift lever that I can see. I also inspected the stock parts that were removed, which only included the lever and selector rod. So that leads me to believe this is just a ssk lever and selector rod replacement, which would explain the notchy crappy shifting.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by bavarian3; 08-28-2023, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post

Wow i’m surprised given all the great reviews. This must be one of the greater reduction units but still, not the most buttery smooth shifting. Perhaps i need to try different trans fluid. Also have a new weighted oe knob ready to go in.

Edit. Took the boot off, pretty sure it(the boot) was just installed wacky.

No branding on the shift lever that I can see. I also inspected the stock parts that were removed, which only included the lever and selector rod. So that leads me to believe this is just a ssk lever and selector rod replacement, which would explain the notchy crappy shifting.
                        On closer inspection in that picture, it looks to be UUC and not Autosolutions. I had to see the shift arm which didn't show up in the earlier pictures.

Comment

On closer inspection in that picture, it looks to be UUC and not Autosolutions. I had to see the shift arm which didn't show up in the earlier pictures.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-scratch-...SABEgLHqvD_BwE
                          I dont see the set screws on the shift carrier.

Comment

If it sucks it must be from UUC.

Comment

Should the sunroof glass perimeter seal be able to be installed as once piece or is it sometime required to cut it to fit?

My original seal came off as one piece but the new seal I had to cut, it was too large so I cut ~1/2" at the seam for it to fit. I'm sure it will seal fine but I would prefer it to be one continuous piece if possible.

Instagram

Comment

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-scratch-...SABEgLHqvD_BwE

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post

I dont see the set screws on the shift carrier.
                                the 3 screws are there just hard to see in the pic. i do think it's a uuc though their site offers very limited description and pictures of what their kit includes. looks like an autosolution kit is in order.

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
                                If it sucks it must be from UUC.
                                i didn't hate it on my e36. shifted like butter with new detents. but man this setup on the e46 is nearly undriveable.

Comment

Working...
                                X