This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post

馃槀馃槀 right?! i was so annoyed with it and couldn鈥檛 believe there wasn鈥檛 a way to disconnect it unless you removed the entire armrest鈥nsanity.

i bet they do sell the connector alone although im not sure of the part number. it seems like if you buy the upgraded bracket from mirrorjohn, you could use a narrow tool to unpin the connector.
    I'm thinking, can I make a pigtail to allow for disconnection outside of the armrest. I can then give my third arm/hand a rest, which is needed to disconnect otherwise.

Comment

What is the drain plug circled in red for? Click image for larger version

Name:	20231024_215029~2.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	239362

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

I'm thinking, can I make a pigtail to allow for disconnection outside of the armrest. I can then give my third arm/hand a rest, which is needed to disconnect otherwise.
        That would actually be kind of sweet, and may be a good idea.

i鈥檓 not sure it鈥檚 worth the opportunity cost though. Once I鈥檓 done with the door card, I hope to not take it off again unless i鈥檓 replacing the window regulator lol鈥hich would probably mean replacing the vapor barrier possibly
        /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

what are the correct replacement wiper blades for our cars? the BMW ones I see listed for my car on fcp euro doesn't look right

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post
            What is the drain plug circled in red for? Click image for larger version  Name:	20231024_215029~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.4 KB ID:	239362
            There should not be a plug there. It should have a fitting that connects to a braided line and that hard line connects to the valve cover to return oil from the oil separator mounted on the valve cover. bimmerfan08 mentions an updated fitting for the early oil pans in the rod bearing DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

There should not be a plug there. It should have a fitting that connects to a braided line and that hard line connects to the valve cover to return oil from the oil separator mounted on the valve cover. bimmerfan08 mentions an updated fitting for the early oil pans in the rod bearing DIY.
              Thank you. This pan is going on an S50 motor so I don't need that oil return line so I plugged it off.

Comment

Does anyone know the dimension of the secondary hole on the bottom Karb boxes by chance? Would like to know to size up plug/cover for it.
                2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

What is the best way to power accessories in a race car? I currently run an optima red top, and only power a solo2dl and camera.

Adding: switch controlled spal radiator fan, diff oil cooler, dash fan for defogging, rain light, cool suit system, aim dash.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post
                    Does anyone know the dimension of the secondary hole on the bottom Karb boxes by chance? Would like to know to size up plug/cover for it.
                    I used a 2.5" Round Vinyl End Cap off amazon, worked/fit great.

Comment

Will 2.25" coilover springs fit fine on 60mm perches? I have H & R street performance coilovers but mistakenly bought 2.25" springs...

Comment

Originally posted by gaiakai View Post
                        Will 2.25" coilover springs fit fine on 60mm perches? I have H & R street performance coilovers but mistakenly bought 2.25" springs...
                        In my experience, there is usually enough tolerance to allow a 2.25" spring to fit on 2.36"/60mm or 60mm spring to fit on 2.5", but you'd have to really make sure and test it - it varies from brand to brand (how they made their perch)

You can easily put a larger spring on like 2.5" on 60mm perch.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

I used a 2.5" Round Vinyl End Cap off amazon, worked/fit great.
                          Much appreciated, I'm ordering one now.
                          2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Can an SMG car be driven with a manual steering wheel? Didn鈥檛 know if unplugging the steering wheel would throw some weird codes preventing me from driving.

Comment

What's everyone's favorite steering wheel? Race car/leds/oem?

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post
                                Can an SMG car be driven with a manual steering wheel? Didn鈥檛 know if unplugging the steering wheel would throw some weird codes preventing me from driving.
                                I had a clock spring cable break, making the upshift paddle not work. The car functioned fine without it, so I would assume that an SMG can be driven without an SMG wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X