Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just use the right driver, problem solved.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

EDIT SOLVED: Had a question about MCS true rear coil over clevis mounting. Holes line up with OEM mounting location.
      Last edited by fourmula1; 10-23-2023, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I just did this and wish I could tell you bolt size, I went to ACE and just compared and used thier pitch finder board and easily found the right stuff.

This is from screeshot from a DIY off buildjornal.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231022_174502_Chrome.jpg Views:	22 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	239123
        Awesome, thanks for that! I didn't know that BuildJournal DIY had the exact specs. I looked up the exact same ones from the bag in their pic and bought them on Home Depot, here is the link for anyone else interested, $2.75 for bag of 3:
        https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...3248/204281931
        2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
        Instagram
        Youtube

Comment

Does anyone know what the hex bolt (M6) identified as # 4 in the bellhousing image is for? Thanks...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
            Does anyone know what the hex bolt (M6) identified as # 4 in the bellhousing image is for? Thanks...
            Pretty sure that's to retain that sheet-metal shield or "gasket". Not sure what it is called...I'll try to find a picture or something.

Edit: retains this https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...BoCMmoQAvD_BwE
            Last edited by fourmula1; 10-23-2023, 11:32 AM.

Comment

When fixing the wobbly side-view mirrors, is it a bad idea to use red loctite on the screws?

When your BMW M3 E46 Mirrors are wobbling/loose use this to quickly fix them for free!how to fix e46 m3 wobble mirrorse46 m3 mirror replacement

/// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
                When fixing the wobbly side-view mirrors, is it a bad idea to use red loctite on the screws?

When your BMW M3 E46 Mirrors are wobbling/loose use this to quickly fix them for free!how to fix e46 m3 wobble mirrorse46 m3 mirror replacement

Yes, blue is a better choice as those screws might need to come out again at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I would either cap it off or duct it as it will draw in hot engine bay air otherwise. However many people just leave it open and don't run the flap and don't seem to have any real problems. The eventuri scoop is a nice middle ground as far as getting in cooler air, or so it would seem.

Just wanted to duct as much cool air to the intake as possible as I am running the CSL intake without the intake tract/bumper it was designed to run with.
                  I haven't put any thought into this so could easily not even be possible due to spacing. Just throwing it out there before going to bed because of the beauty of this thread.

Considering deleting the fogs on my car so I had the thought of a setup using something like one of those dual hole cover plates running flex pipe from the 2 holes to the snorkel, secondary hole and then brake cooling duct using a Y splitter somewhere. Gut instinct is that it's not possible to fit / it's not worth the effort but that's why we all love the E46 anyway. Any chance there's something there worth looking into?

Pics for refence:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	198
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	239277

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	517.5 KB ID:	239276
                  Last edited by SUPREM3///; 10-23-2023, 11:51 PM.
                  2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post

I haven't put any thought into this so could easily not even be possible due to spacing. Just throwing it out there before going to bed because of the beauty of this thread.

Considering deleting the fogs on my car so I had the thought of a setup using something like one of those dual hole cover plates running flex pipe from the 2 holes to the snorkel, secondary hole and then brake cooling duct using a Y splitter somewhere. Gut instinct is that it's not possible to fit / it's not worth the effort but that's why we all love the E46 anyway. Any chance there's something there worth looking into?

Pics for refence:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	198
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	239277

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	517.5 KB ID:	239276
                    That may just work but if you do a small amount of cutting on the factory ducting you can have some air going to the airbox and some going to the brakes as well still.
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

I’m planing on doing this soon. While I can remove the door panel and can see benefits to doing so, can this repair be done with the panel on? I remember seeing a video on YouTube of a guy doing it without pulling the panel, looked a little tricky when holding the mirror and getting enough wire harness slack pulled through to actually work on the mirror.

Comment

I'm going to pick up my car from a body shop for the very first time today, I've never had paint work done before. As for paint match, they've repainted everything EXCEPT the driver's side front/rear fenders and door. Should I be expecting a perfect match to the original paint on those panels and the new paint on the rest of the car, and if not, to how high a standard should I be holding them? If I can see the difference between the old/new paint, should I be asking them to repaint? I have no idea of what's reasonable here. But if it's supposed to be damned near perfect then I think that's important to know before I pay them.​ Color is Carbon Black Metallic, shop is King's Auto Body Shop in Huntington Beach, CA, who were recommended by forum members.

Thanks for any advice on this!!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

I’m planing on doing this soon. While I can remove the door panel and can see benefits to doing so, can this repair be done with the panel on? I remember seeing a video on YouTube of a guy doing it without pulling the panel, looked a little tricky when holding the mirror and getting enough wire harness slack pulled through to actually work on the mirror.
                          I think it’s possible keeping the door card on, but I could also see it causing frustration as well. I do believe there is enough slack to pull off the 2 bolts and still have enough room to tighten the torx bolts that need tightening.

On the driver side, it was a pain trying to release the side view mirror connector. I actually rested the door card on a stool while I detached the armrest to avoid damage to the connector.

I could snap some photos of that area with the card removed if helpful.
                          Last edited by ugaexploder; 10-24-2023, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post
                            I'm going to pick up my car from a body shop for the very first time today, I've never had paint work done before. As for paint match, they've repainted everything EXCEPT the driver's side front/rear fenders and door. Should I be expecting a perfect match to the original paint on those panels and the new paint on the rest of the car, and if not, to how high a standard should I be holding them? If I can see the difference between the old/new paint, should I be asking them to repaint? I have no idea of what's reasonable here. But if it's supposed to be damned near perfect then I think that's important to know before I pay them.​ Color is Carbon Black Metallic, shop is King's Auto Body Shop in Huntington Beach, CA, who were recommended by forum members.

Thanks for any advice on this!!
                            Carbon black is one of the easier colors to blend. The only issue I have seen with metallic paints is the inconsistency in the metallic flake across the panels. A bad paint job would have an area with too much metallic flake due to poor application.

Comment

I think it’s possible keeping the door card on, but I could also see it causing frustration as well. I do believe there is enough slack to pull off the 2 bolts and still have enough room to tighten the torx bolts that need tightening.

On the driver side, it was a pain trying to release the side view mirror connector. I actually rested the door card on a stool while I detached the armrest to avoid damage to the connector.

I could snap some photos of that area with the card removed if helpful.
                              Thanks but I’m painfully aware of the PITA disconnecting the mirror switch. I’ve in the past popped the switch out from the bottom, then disconnect the connector. Does bmw happen to sell that connector and it’s mating receptacle separately?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Thanks but I’m painfully aware of the PITA disconnecting the mirror switch. I’ve in the past popped the switch out from the bottom, then disconnect the connector. Does bmw happen to sell that connector and it’s mating receptacle separately?
                                😂😂 right?! i was so annoyed with it and couldn’t believe there wasn’t a way to disconnect it unless you removed the entire armrest…insanity.

i bet they do sell the connector alone although im not sure of the part number. it seems like if you buy the upgraded bracket from mirrorjohn, you could use a narrow tool to unpin the connector.

Comment

Working...
                                X