Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running an airbox with a maf is ultimate poseur status, don't do it.

Follow Tbones advice.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

What's your best or most seamless installation of an all-in-one cell phone holder and wireless charger set up?

Comment

Originally posted by E46_M3_ZCP View Post
        What's your best or most seamless installation of an all-in-one cell phone holder and wireless charger set up?
        I personally love my Rennsport mount. No charging but so flush otherwise
        2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
        ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

There's the Induktiv (I think that's how it's spelled?) mount that goes in place of the cup holders. Just a little tray with a wireless charging pad inside.

I personally fitted a wireless charger in one of the compartments below the radio, but that won't work if you have nav.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190809-WA0003.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	112941
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post

I personally love my Rennsport mount. No charging but so flush otherwise
            I think you mean the Rennline one right? I like that one too but wish the pad actually had a wireless charging feed once phone was magnetically mated to it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ren-pm01-17-rs_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.6 KB ID:	112954

Comment

I think you mean the Rennline one right? I like that one too but wish the pad actually had a wireless charging feed once phone was magnetically mated to it.

Click image for larger version Name:	ren-pm01-17-rs_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.6 KB ID:	112954
              Yes, that's right. With a short charging cord from the cig lighter, it works pretty well
              2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
              ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

On the old forum someone made a website similar to todays travel websites that search the entire web for you, but for cars. I believe it was "hidden" something but can't remember and searching for it turns up nothing. Just curious if anyone remembers it.

Comment

It was hiddenrides.com

Appears to be gone.
                  2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

My sunroof is quite busted, picked up the car this way from the PO. When I operate the switch all that happens is a horrific gear grinding noise with no movement whatsoever in the glass. I understand that I’ll likely need to do a full rebuild depending on how busted the gears are. My question does not have to do with repairing this, I can find plenty of DIYs for that.

The issue I’m trying to solve is that the glass was positioned in the slightly open elevated position directly before becoming permanently stuck. Before I take the glass off to do a proper inspection, does anyone know if I can reposition the track/mechanism to allow the glass to sit flush with the roof prior to addressing the core problem more holistically? I haven’t decided if I’d rather do a full sunroof rebuild or a CF roof conversion, however while I sort that decision out longer term, I’d like the sunroof to be fully shut. Any tips or guidance on how to lower the glass with gears that are fairly binded?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	6536B4D1-5CFB-44ED-B3BC-9F550CBAB45E.jpeg
Views:	590
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	113393
                    2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                    [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Are there any differences in wiring harnesses between the non-HP and HP cars (besides the later cars that got that extra solenoid on top of the engine)? I thought they were the same in terms of wiring pinouts, but maybe that's not the case.

I have an MSS54 that I converted to HP spec. I flashed a stock 2501 HP binary onto it and the car is freaking out BAD. Tach jumps up and down, DME complains about bad camshaft position sensors, water temp gauge is pegged to the right and throttle bodies fluctuate a lot when the throttle pedal is pressed. Haven't tried to start it up —for obvious reasons— but the starter did seem to momentarily engage without me turning the key. Hoping I didn't mess up the hardware in my DME.

Edit: Just reflashed my DME with CSL firmware and that's fine, so at least the hardware in the DME is still good. Leaning towards the issue being in the adapter harness that I built. I triple checked all the connections, but maybe there's one that's a bit flaky or something.

Edit 2: It was the harness I made. Of course.

So, to answer my own question. No, there aren't any differences in the wiring between non-HP and HP cars (with the exception of that emissions solenoid thing on top of the engine).
                      Last edited by heinzboehmer; 07-12-2021, 09:21 PM.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Getting a frontend respray and putting on a euro front bumper while I’m at it. I stumbled upon this front bumper hardware kit from ECS, wondering if it’s worth it or needed?

Comment

Have a low but annoying vibration coming from the area around my e-brake. Usually noticeable in 5 or 6th gear. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Comment

Installed my Bluebus a few days ago.
                            Did a previous owner hijack the cd changer?
                            The changer harness is visible in the lower cubby.

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
                              Have a low but annoying vibration coming from the area around my e-brake. Usually noticeable in 5 or 6th gear. Any thoughts on what it could be?
                              transmission mount?
                              center support bearing for the torque tube?

Comment

They're just pre-wired for changer if you wanted to add it post purchase.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X