This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
    Was using a 1/2” Milwaukee M12 Fuel Stubby. Ended up using the breaker bar with the tube from the jack.

i think it’s a straightforward DIY, except most of the stuff has never been removed so it’s a royal pain.
    The jack handle + breaker bar combo is how I got my axle nuts off too. Crazy stuck on there.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

What’s the best option for replacing the rear view mirror nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by Swizbeatz View Post
        You could send your current mirror to https://www.radar-mirror.com

or check the e46 m3 classifieds on Facebook for a part out. If you have a convertible you will need a convertible specific mirror.

Comment

Found mine at a pick and pull. $15 and I was on my way.
          2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I went through mirror john (https://www.mirrorjohn.com/BMW_M3_E4...rror_Glass.php) recently and replaced the glass myself. I live in NZ so sending my mirror across the world and back seemed a little unnecessary. Tried to reach out to radar to see if they could just send me a replacement glass cell on it's own but never heard back from them despite about 4 emails and a couple months of waiting.

Comment

Got a cheap steering wheel with the airbag. Didn’t realize afterwards that I should’ve checked about the recall. Will BMW help?

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
                Got a cheap steering wheel with the airbag. Didn’t realize afterwards that I should’ve checked about the recall. Will BMW help?
                Judging by what the tech wrote down when doing mine, the recall seems to be tied to your vin. If your car hasn't had the driver's side recall done, then the dealer should be able to get that taken care of once you get the new wheel on. Worth giving the dealer a call.

If you've already had the recall performed, then just swap your current airbag into the new wheel when installing.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I run my old e36 mirror. It's wider, very light, with manual dimming. Find them on ebay for $25.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

What hosting service is everyone using for pics these days? Would like to move away from photobucket.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEM3NT View Post
                      What hosting service is everyone using for pics these days? Would like to move away from photobucket.
                      From what I see Imgur and Flickr

Comment

No need on this forum. We host our own pics. :]
                        2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                        Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                        Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

M3 has 184k miles and have been running the Dinan backbox along with additional resonator for about 2k miles. Was driving on the highway last night where the car was running tremendously well. I think fuel economy was taking a hit (could just be me though). I got an SES light.

Used INPA to pull the codes and got the following

178 - Catalytic converter conversion, cyl. 1-3
                          10 - Signal, camshaft sensor, exhaust

Hope that it's just the exhaust camshaft sensor. Anyone else have experience with this?

Comment

I have a Milltek section 2 and 3 for sale, I would like to offer shipping to move it. Where in the heck are people getting boxes large enough to ship a section 2?! I would need a box that is at least 5'5" long. I am stumped on this.

Comment

I run 9.5 width front wheels and 10.5 rears (245/275). I'd like to go square tires since I'm understeering a bit on track. Are there any drawbacks to just running 275s square on staggered wheels? I know I can't really rotate but I don't feel like buying a whole new set of wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by binary View Post
                                I have a Milltek section 2 and 3 for sale, I would like to offer shipping to move it. Where in the heck are people getting boxes large enough to ship a section 2?! I would need a box that is at least 5'5" long. I am stumped on this.
                                Link and tape together two or three boxes.
                                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X