No announcement yet.

Porsche 996 Brembo BBK Conversion Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Brembo video if you want to ad it to the original post.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
    Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
    Evolve Eventuri
    - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Is there a particular order you should consider when installing? Similar to how you bleed your brakes, starting with farthest away from brake fluid reservoir. Rear passenger, rear driver, front passenger, front driver?

Should bleed the air out of the system after each caliper install?
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
        Is there a particular order you should consider when installing? Similar to how you bleed your brakes, starting with farthest away from brake fluid reservoir. Rear passenger, rear driver, front passenger, front driver?

Install order doesn't matter. Bleed them all at the end. The point of bleeding is to get air out of the system. It doesn't really matter how or where that air got in, as long as you eliminate all of it through bleeding.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

It doesnt really matter. Just remember that the brake pad wear sensor is on the front driver, and rear passenger. Those are the only thing different between either side. As for bleeding the brakes, doing it after you finished with the install is the fastest way to do it.

Comment

Has anyone had any communication with Rally Road recently?

Comment

Originally posted by MathewM3 View Post
              Has anyone had any communication with Rally Road recently?
              Not since last week. I sent them an email couple of days ago, no response since.
              2002 M3 | 1986 R80 | 2001 EuroVan

Comment

Originally posted by cudzich09 View Post

Not since last week. I sent them an email couple of days ago, no response since.
                Same thing here.

Comment

I finally made contact with Rally Road - I had them machine my calipers and ordered the brackets . Hopefully they get here soon - So I can have them powder coated and ready for install

Comment

Originally posted by didithepest View Post
                    I finally made contact with Rally Road - I had them machine my calipers and ordered the brackets . Hopefully they get here soon - So I can have them powder coated and ready for install
                    I have been trying to get in touch with RallyRoad but without success.

How long did you have to wait?

Comment

Originally posted by didithepest View Post
                      Mine took approx two weeks from the time I sent them to RR and got them back.
                      Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

Mine took approx two weeks from the time I sent them to RR and got them back.
                        Did you just pay and ship them off without any communication beforehand?

Comment

I placed my order for the brackets and brake lines, then sent them off. No communication beforehand, only emailed them afterward asking about the status of my order.
                          Evolve Eventuri

Comment

I am considering taking my calipers to a local shop. Not sure though since they don't have the same experience as RR.

Comment

Great post! One of my favorite mods. You can really feel the reduced unstrung weight.

Comment

I placed my order on April 21st and also shipped my calipers on April 21st, RR received the calipers on April 23rd, had them machined on April 25th and shipped my calipers with all other brackets/lines April 28th. Delivery is scheduled for May 1st. Quicker than I expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X