No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced the coils (Eldor) and spark plugs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240325_231758669.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	259011

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
      Getting ready for a past due oil change.

excited to try the oil extractor.
      I got the Holt from harbor freight and it's awesome. They also sell a 5 gallon vacuum pressure rised one.

Comment

Had my car at the alignment shop today, they set me up with a baseline of -3.5 front -2.5 rear, 0 toe all around, and also fixed a stripped RTAB with a Time-Sert. The car feels good, drives and stops straight. but it does not sound good lol. There’s something clanging around on the back end. I don’t know what it is and the guys at the shop didn’t see anything egregious. Gonna have to wait until Wednesday to put the car back on the jacks and see what it is, and to button up a bunch of odds and ends.

Name:	IMG_1504.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	259017
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
          Getting ready for a past due oil change.

excited to try the oil extractor.

Name:	IMG_0363.png
Views:	281
Size:	733.8 KB
ID:	259320
          Your life will have changed for the better. Oil changes are an absolute breeze with this thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
            Had my car at the alignment shop today, they set me up with a baseline of -3.5 front -2.5 rear, 0 toe all around, and also fixed a stripped RTAB with a Time-Sert. The car feels good, drives and stops straight. but it does not sound good lol. There’s something clanging around on the back end. I don’t know what it is and the guys at the shop didn’t see anything egregious. Gonna have to wait until Wednesday to put the car back on the jacks and see what it is, and to button up a bunch of odds and ends.

Lookin good! You sure about that 0 toe in the rear? Usually, there is supposed to be some rear toe-in for stability.

Comment

Got back from a little work road trip after fitting up my new 18” 219M wheels and DWS06 tires. 245/40 front and 275/35 rear. The ride is so much better now than with the old 19” stockers on Firestone summer tires.

SMG remains happy for now with the new gear position sensor. Thinking diff clunk might be my next issue to tackle.

Comment

Is that Johnson's alignment by any chance? If so, I live real close to there in Redondo!

Comment

I got new Valeo Alternator, Fan Clutch, Pulleys, and Steering Guibo installed. What a world of a difference the steering guibo made, steering now feels tight.

Comment

You nailed the wheel and brake setup Nate. Car looks great.

Specs on the wheels? Those ZE40s?
                    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

Is that Johnson's alignment by any chance? If so, I live real close to there in Redondo!
                      Yup that’s the place. I won’t be going back though. I didn’t appreciate Steve’s crotchety boomer attitude, and he didn’t listen to me when I told him things about the car and the setup over and over. He charged me almost $200 extra to align the front because I have KWs, and the top mounts are admittedly annoying to work on due to the placement of the bolts. But I installed them myself, and therefore I know it’s not that hard to drop them, adjust, and raise them back in, check and repeat.

I asked for a print out of the actual final alignment and he gave me a photocopy of a piece of paper where he had simply hand written -3.5, -2.5 and 0 toe in. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

I think they do good work but they clearly don’t want my money or any of my friend’s money.
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Lookin good! You sure about that 0 toe in the rear? Usually, there is supposed to be some rear toe-in for stability.
                        Thanks! I prefer to start my cars with neutral toe, and drive the car for a while, see what it needs. I’ll be back in a different shop for corner balancing after I finish some other issues on the car and have the weight finalized.
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                          You nailed the wheel and brake setup Nate. Car looks great.

Specs on the wheels? Those ZE40s?
                          Thank you sir, yup just Volk ZE40,18x10 ET25, no spacers. Tires are 275 NT01 scrubs that I hope to get some decent testing and shakedown out of.
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Yup that’s the place. I won’t be going back though. I didn’t appreciate Steve’s crotchety boomer attitude, and he didn’t listen to me when I told him things about the car and the setup over and over. He charged me almost $200 extra to align the front because I have KWs, and the top mounts are admittedly annoying to work on due to the placement of the bolts. But I installed them myself, and therefore I know it’s not that hard to drop them, adjust, and raise them back in, check and repeat.

I asked for a print out of the actual final alignment and he gave me a photocopy of a piece of paper where he had simply hand written -3.5, -2.5 and 0 toe in. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

I think they do good work but they clearly don’t want my money or any of my friend’s money.
                            Ah, I've never been, but good looking out on the info.

Too bad Chris and Darrin (west end) moved.

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

Ah, I've never been, but good looking out on the info.

Too bad Chris and Darrin (west end) moved.
                              Where did they move to? West End, Evasive and Chewerks are the ones I know are good in the general LA area.
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Where did they move to? West End, Evasive and Chewerks are the ones I know are good in the general LA area.
                                They're in Huntington Beach now. Way better for me, easier than driving to Gardena.
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X