What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post

It was great driving with you again Casa de Mesa. You picked some great roads, thank you for your hospitality and your stellar pit/tech support. The first time we went out we both limped home a bit. This time we both limped home a bit worse. Talked to the shop, looks like I need a new driveshaft (again). It also seems you might need to pull a portion of that drivetrain out. Convenient in the right light - a shade of blue, perhaps? I hope I don't end up on your stands/blocks next time we go out but I'm glad you were there. Thank you for that.

So now that I know the driveshaft needs to replaced (again), does anyone have any real world experience with one-piece CF driveshafts? I might as well consider it...

Cheers,
    -t

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 6.22.47 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	346.0 KB ID:	136375
    Love the new avatar!
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Front left caliper seized the other day. Luckily my cousin had a spare caliper, dressed it up in paint and bled. Back in business

Attached Files
      Last edited by antknee; 11-11-2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Had the front bumper repainted and the reflectors filled in. Looks much cleaner.

Attached Files

Comment

Coming 🔜

Click image for larger version  Name:	096BC58E-355C-4E39-8941-C57FBB3EDDF6.jpeg Views:	30 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	137474
          Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 11-15-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
            Coming 🔜

Yea
            5% off?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Day View Post

5% off?
              Yes. Almost pulled the trigger last year at 10% off but decided rod bearings and vanos were more important.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                Coming 🔜

Click image for larger version Name:	096BC58E-355C-4E39-8941-C57FBB3EDDF6.jpeg Views:	30 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	137474
                Nice man my favorite rims.

*edit - I don't know how you guys run these sizes haha, I'm content with standard LM fitment though they're not currently in vogue.
                Last edited by jet_dogg; 11-15-2021, 11:26 PM.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Nice man my favorite rims.

*edit - I don't know how you guys run these sizes haha, I'm content with standard LM fitment though they're not currently in vogue.
                  Thanks bro. An extra inch wide never hurt nobody. Or maybe it did Ahhaha.

I just hate how the 19x10 does ride anywhere near flush. I don’t like the thought of spacers. So as long as the offsets aren’t too aggressive I’ll be ok.

Comment

I know you guys like flush but there's not much practicality whereas the standard fitment is more of a track offset. I've run a few diff offsets and at my ride height they all rub (past +23) except 19x10 LMs. If you're not low you'll be fine they'll just poke out. That 19x11 is like the running the 10 inch with a 12mm spacer so you'll need camber and tire stretch as well fender rolling.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

My windshield was destroyed in last weekends mountain run. Replaced with a new climate comfort glass from pilkington. Part number Fw2457

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by LatinSkllz; 11-17-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I know you guys like flush but there's not much practicality whereas the standard fitment is more of a track offset. I've run a few diff offsets and at my ride height they all rub (past +23) except 19x10 LMs. If you're not low you'll be fine they'll just poke out. That 19x11 is like the running the 10 inch with a 12mm spacer so you'll need camber and tire stretch as well fender rolling.
                        What are the specs of your LMs?

Comment

Removed (cut out) the 240ohm (iirc) shunt resistor on the ignition harness. It was fried due to an incident some time ago. Long story.

No more misfiring now haha

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

What are the specs of your LMs?
                            My old LMs were standard e46 m3 fitment, 19x8.5 +32, 19x10 +25.

Not being flush (the fender edge doesn't exist in a single plane without contact and will therefore always be in the way once the suspension compresses) drives people nuts for some reason.

I've had lower offests on a 10" and they all rubbed at some point because of shitty LA freeways. No fender rolling for me so there's another data point.

Comment

Not being flush drives people nuts for some reason.
                              Some people like flush and others don’t. Can’t knock people for having their own taste in wheels and fitment. I have 10.5 rears on my current wheels and drive on some of the shittiest roads in NYC.

19x11 with a et25 offset isn’t entirely overkill. Especially for me since I don’t track my car at all.

Comment

My old LMs were standard e46 m3 fitment, 19x8.5 +32, 19x10 +25.

Not being flush (the fender edge doesn't exist in a single plane without contact and will therefore always be in the way once the suspension compresses) drives people nuts for some reason.

I've had lower offests on a 10" and they all rubbed at some point because of shitty LA freeways. No fender rolling for me so there's another data point.
                                Thanks for this. So you're longer running the LMs?

I ask because I'm currently running Apex and strongly considering switching to 19" LMs or 18" E88s once I get past some of the other projects I have lined up. My wheels specs are:
                                18x9.5" ET35
                                18x10" ET25

This is about as aggressive as I want to go for a street car. With this setup I can get by with -1.5° front and -1.75° rear with no rubbing at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X