No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albino09 I have to do that exact job . . . Have had my Konis & Dinan Springs sitting in my garage for the last year Nice work.

Comment

Rear is out, reinforcement plates glued in, and solid rear bushings installed in the subframe. Outer bushings were also pressed in today and they had some play to them so I'm glad I did them. Also removed all of the cooling from the engine with the fcp euro comprehensive cooling kit to be installed tomorrow too
      ​​​​

Comment

Wernd When you bonded the plates did you use anything to hold them in place to maintain bondline thickness?
        2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse - SOLD

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
        Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Finished up installing the Cobra Nogaro seats and put in some longer studs.

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post
            Wernd When you bonded the plates did you use anything to hold them in place to maintain bondline thickness?
            The front two are held in by the subframe bolts I believe, the rear two are held in with bolts that come in the turner kit.

Comment

Not wanting to wait I couldn't source gray seam sealer locally so I used what I could get and painted with POR-15 spray paint, brushed on.

Almost makes me want to re-paint the bar to more closely match the vehicle but don't really want to let loose a spray can in the car (even masked off) for fear of lingering smell.

It looks not quite as clean as I would have liked but its all covered up anyways so I need to just move the hell on!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220327_180826.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	160796 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220327_211634.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	160797
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Cubieman I would paint it. Looks much better if you do. I painted my CMP bar body colour after installing. Masked it carefully and painted the whole spare wheel well area since mine was all wrecked from a previous owner installing a sub in there. No smell after a day or so of letting it air out.

Comment

I was shocked how "virgin" this car appears to be, even the part number on the exhaust was still in place. Starting to mock up where the remotes go in the trunk and got the entire rear end back in the car

Comment

Got my Karbonius Strut Bar installed, along with some other work I had been waiting on:

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                    2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                    My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

Did a full exterior detail on the car
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	92A3962C-18B5-4C45-A4D4-E1192A3B2F81.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	160860
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	C61AA074-7507-4658-8366-667F5F652A7F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.4 KB ID:	160861

Comment

Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
                        Got my Karbonius Strut Bar installed, along with some other work I had been waiting on
                        Can the Karbonius strut bar handle track abuse/usage?

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

Nobody knows.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

New side indicators today.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

🤷‍♂️ Supposedly they reinforced it so that it's stronger than the OEM bar. That said, I don't plan on much, if any, track use.

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                              2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                              My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

Checked these spare OE heating pads before I send the seats off to the shop to finally get my Sparcos upholstered.

Comment

Working...
                                X