No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I had my car towed to the shop. Clutch went out. First proper drive after bearing break in. I finally hit 8K RPM for the first time on the new bearings going into third and the clutch goes out. Car will be sleeping outside again tonight. I don't even care.

Comment

Thoglan
      You were right, looks 100% better, POR-15 Silver.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220327_211634.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	160951 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220328_234931.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	160952
      Attached Files
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Followers arrived today! Total cost was about $1350 from emiauto.eu, including shipping and import duty. It took them about a week and a half to ship but they arrived in four days from then.
        Attached Files

Comment

Cleaned all of the underbody plastics since they had to be removed for the work we did last weekend. They'll get reinstalled this weekend when we finish up

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
            Cleaned all of the underbody plastics since they had to be removed for the work we did last weekend. They'll get reinstalled this weekend when we finish up
            Were you able to remove the yellow "crust" on the underside of the front most panels?

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Were you able to remove the yellow "crust" on the underside of the front most panels?
              No the dried wax kicked my butt and is still there

Comment

Not sure where you’re located, but dry ice would probably take that off pretty easily. Check the map for a provider near you: www.drycenation.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

I had some transmission fluid leak onto the bottom covers and it saturated the "crust". The crust literally just wiped off. I'm going to test this on other crusty areas.

Comment

Karbonius single piece lip came in to replace the Mile End Composite single piece that I can't staring at with the rock chip from....

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

So I’m still a bit of a newb to the M3, but that gross crust is a common thing? I was worried my car saw something really weird in its life. Couldn’t get it off with my pressure washer.

Comment

Yellow crust is probably dried cosmoline bmw coats the underside with to prevent corrosion in the transatlantic voyage of these cars.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I guess if you were really OCD you would buy new body panels as they likely don't have that junk on them.
                          I gotta draw the line somewhere, not such a big deal, I will try that tranny fluid or simple green on it sometime however.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
                            Karbonius single piece lip came in to replace the Mile End Composite single piece that I can't staring at with the rock chip from....

Please let us know how the fitment is and which bumper you are running

Comment

With prices going up, I renewed the headlight lenses. $20 increase in a year.
                              Improved the lighting remarkably.
                              I did not think the old ones were that bad as they could fool an iPhone camera.

Comment

Opened up the sunroof a whole hell of a lot more.

Slon Workshop carbon roof bow riveted and structural adhesive/glued in place. I was planning on doing this myself, but order of events has the shop who is doing the respray taking this on. They said the fit was *very* good.

Name:	IMG_20220330_082945.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	161135

Name:	IMG_20220330_081758.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	161136

Name:	IMG_20220330_081805.jpg