What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
    Nav delete complete, wiring harness, GPS antenna and all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1BCF4460-518E-408E-BC66-71EAE1122257.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	174080
    That's a gorgeous wheel, who did the wrap?
    2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
    ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post

That's a gorgeous wheel, who did the wrap?
      Thank you BMW did it. I needed the trim as well, so a full replacement factory wheel was worth it at least at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Thank you BMW did it. I needed the trim as well, so a full replacement factory wheel was worth it at least at the time.
        Well that explains the quality! Definitely not a Coby job 😏
        2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
        ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

I added a spacer each, between the top sleeve adapter and the top retaining plate of the rogue engineering monoball rsms.
          The ball- bearings were locked solid and not swivelling, due to the top retaing plate being flush with the top of the rsm body.
          The damper shafts were not happy until the rube mod.
          The top adapter sleeve needs to be taller.
          Last edited by FBloggs; 06-30-2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post

Well that explains the quality! Definitely not a Coby job 😏
            is there something wrong with Coby? I have a ZCP wheel rewrapped on mine and haven't noticed any flaws. been in the car for a little over 3 years. no bunching, wrinkles. frayed material or stitch separation.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	174225
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

is there something wrong with Coby? I have a ZCP wheel rewrapped on mine and haven't noticed any flaws. been in the car for a little over 3 years. no bunching, wrinkles. frayed material or stitch separation.
              What sort of gauge (at least looks like one) are you running in the center left side vent?

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer View Post

What sort of gauge (at least looks like one) are you running in the center left side vent?
                that's the GFB III Electronic boost controller. its in a custom 3D printed Dash vent adapter. the GFB III has Boost and AFR read outs and also boost cut option based on AFR Lean condition or Exceeding Boost levels. Love that thing.

Comment

Name:	2781D967-4473-4E51-8FD2-2294F0204331.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	174368 Click image for larger version

Name:	0FBB7C4E-06CB-42AA-8C69-15A87977AA70.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	174369 a new valve cover gasket as I had an oil leak. Also put the carbon beauty cover back on
                  Attached Files

Comment

that's the GFB III Electronic boost controller. its in a custom 3D printed Dash vent adapter. the GFB III has Boost and AFR read outs and also boost cut option based on AFR Lean condition or Exceeding Boost levels. Love that thing.
                    Pretty slick. I wish I had one of those when I had a boosted car. Do you have a wideband hooked up to it?
                    2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                    Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                    Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

My old vents cracked from old age during removal to replace the LCD screen on the nav. Note the faded red dot on the old compared to the new. New also has a matte look from lack of greasy fingers. It's so minor, but quite mentally pleasing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	centerVent.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	174540
                      Last edited by Epsilon; 07-02-2022, 08:49 AM.

Comment

It's not a terrible wheel but there have been pages of discussion on this very topic if you search.

Somehow he became the de facto steering wheel re-upholsterer of the forum due to his prices and accessibility despite there being higher quality finish work available.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post

Pretty slick. I wish I had one of those when I had a boosted car. Do you have a wideband hooked up to it?
                          Yes i have an Innovative LC-2 connected. I have the boost controller set to cut boost under lean conditions leaner than 12.8 AFR

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

It's not a terrible wheel but there have been pages of discussion on this very topic if you search.

Somehow he became the de facto steering wheel re-upholsterer of the forum due to his prices and accessibility despite there being higher quality finish work available.
                          interesting. I guess I dont have any experience with any ultra high end steering wheel wrappers.

i only have experience with brand new OEM and the Coby wheel and beside the fact that the coby wheel has different locations of the stitch on the bottom at the 8 and 4 o clock locations compared to OEM wheel, the fit/finish of them and overall feel felt the same. In fact I preferred my Coby wheel over a new OEM one as I chose to get the option of increased padding with my rewrap and it gave it just a slight increase in girth that i preferred over the stock wheel.

maybe one day I will get to feel and see the higher end wheels in person and see what I am missing out on.

I feel like overall I am a pretty picky person so I am not sure what others would nit pick over beyond the stitching location @ 8 and 4 o clock missing compared to OEM

anyways wont beat a dead horse, like you said there are already pages and pages if discussion. I feel at one point its just people going back and forth for the title of who is the pickiest of the bunch in regards to parts to justify their money spent. if someone has a BAT ultra low mileage car and they want to replace their faded steering wheel or leather wrapped wheel with an alcantara one, will they really feel great saying they have a $250 re wrapped wheel vs a $1000 re wrapped wheel? probably not.

Comment

Did instal the version 2 of my motorsport inspired fog lights for the csl bumper
                            carbon overlay, Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1657135076397.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	175091 Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1657134910938.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	175092 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220701_154236.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	175093

Comment

you have to like that

Comment

Name:	IMG_20220706_185203.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	175219 started installing the Karbonius trunk. This weekend I'll put the Karbonius fenders on, along with spal fan, oil diverter, and do an oil change. Gonna be busy!

Comment

Working...
                                X