Name:	PXL_20220612_182747222.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	171843

Coffee and cars, tons of E46 presence ๐Ÿ‘
    2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
    ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Installed a Skyer-Motorsport carbon beauty engine cover and my TMS CSL airbox yesterday. Also changed plugs and coils. Still need to clean up the wiring and stuff. Thanks to Cubieman for answering my questions regarding the MAP wiring. I have a ton of rusty bolts that need replacing, hopefully I can tackle that this week. It never ends.
      Attached Files
      2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed โ€“ HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlinโ€™s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTABโ€™s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS
      โ€‹

Comment

Got back the c38-81 (originally in AA kit) from superchargerrebuilds.com after shaft and impeller replaced.

This unit will serve as backup to the replacement unit from AA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	590
Size:	832.9 KB
ID:	172775

Comment

Preventative maintenance since I'm at 103,500 miles. Funny that I bought this fuel pump back in 2018 and now in 2022 I thought I had installed it years back but I'm rummaging through my parts bin and I see an unopened box which I open up and there is this pump. Whoops.

I checked the receipt and I paid $367.27 in May of 2018. Checked ECS and the OEM pump is now $449.96 and $483.99 at FCP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2655.jpg Views:	0 Size:	321.2 KB ID:	172812
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Are you going to lifetime guarantee that one?

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
              Are you going to lifetime guarantee that one?
              No I bought it from getbmwparts.com as I wasn't using FCP much at that time but by late 2018 early 2019 I was using FCP quite a bit. If you're looking to get the pump it is too late, already disposed of and gone. I didn't even think about offering it to a forum member for cheap but I should have.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

The obvious
                BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Prepping for a cooling refresh, ac compressor, and pulleys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Stilt; 06-20-2022, 08:32 PM.

Comment

It was A big couple of days. I need to start a build thread around these parts.

The HG failed between every cylinder in the middle layer. In two cylinders it failed on 2/3 of the layers - block and middle side failures.

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
                      It was A big couple of days. I need to start a build thread around these parts.

The HG failed between every cylinder in the middle layer. In two cylinders it failed on 2/3 of the layers - block and middle side failures.
                      How many miles on engine? What symptoms were you having before you took it apart?
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

How many miles on engine? What symptoms were you having before you took it apart?
                        211k. Rough running. Random fuel smells (possibly cat related). Warm starts would stumble.

Diagnosed down on compression and leakdown test. The hg failed between all cylinders to some degree. Front three were the worst.

Comment

I fixed my rattling drivers window and made the doors feel like a brand new car not really sure why I put up with this for so many years but I used the links below.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post
                            I fixed my rattling drivers window and made the doors feel like a brand new car not really sure why I put up with this for so many years but I used the links below.

https://youtu.be/P5r0uHT-CKc
                            I've been eyeing doing the same, appreciate the resource! How many door panel clips did you break? ๐Ÿ˜›

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post

I've been eyeing doing the same, appreciate the resource! How many door panel clips did you break? ๐Ÿ˜›
                              None! And I did it in a huge rush at 9pm for no real reason.

Comment

Nav delete complete, wiring harness, GPS antenna and all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1BCF4460-518E-408E-BC66-71EAE1122257.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	174080

Comment

Working...
                                X