What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post

I was not in on the group buy. After discussing lead times with Matt I realized I couldn't wait that long so I just ordered retail.
    Gotcha.

Well, post an update on how it feels/drives!

Comment

Front and Rear AP Racing BBK with stainless steel lines floating hat front rotors and CSL rear rotors, in the coming weeks 3.91 diff, full subframe and RACP reinforcement, and solid subframe bushings.

Comment

Finally finished collecting all my parts needed. Work will start on Monday 5/1
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        CMP subframe reinforcement
        CMP subframe bushings
        CMP Rtab's
        Swapping differential carrier (picked up a refinished carrier from RE)
        New differential cover OEM
        Replacing left and right CV axle assembly (all new parts/hardware)
        Ground Control front and rear sways
        Ohlin's R&T coils w alignment
        TMS Street plates
        VANOS bulletproof
        DMG 3 piece strut bar (raw/pc)
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My wallet is going to feel it, but she's my forever car. I picked it up back in 2006 so I've had it for a long time. 2nd owner - 79k miles
        2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post

The next owner totaled it on the track. He was ok thankfully but the car was absolutely done for.
          Wow. Sorry to hear about the car, but glad the owner was okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Acarv_426 View Post
            Finally finished collecting all my parts needed. Work will start on Monday 5/1
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            CMP subframe reinforcement
            CMP subframe bushings
            CMP Rtab's
            Swapping differential carrier (picked up a refinished carrier from RE)
            New differential cover OEM
            Replacing left and right CV axle assembly (all new parts/hardware)
            Ground Control front and rear sways
            Ohlin's R&T coils w alignment
            TMS Street plates
            VANOS bulletproof
            DMG 3 piece strut bar (raw/pc)
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My wallet is going to feel it, but she's my forever car. I picked it up back in 2006 so I've had it for a long time. 2nd owner - 79k miles
            I'm in a similar position with mine, ownership length-wise. Don't forget about Front diff bushing if you're doing all of that you listed.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

I'm in a similar position with mine, ownership length-wise. Don't forget about Front diff bushing if you're doing all of that you listed.
              Good call, it’s on the list (well it is now haha) thanks man. I also stopped by eforty6_m3’s house so he could let me borrow his K+Dcan cable. The one I had ordered from Amazon was DOA. He’s a great guy!
              Last edited by Acarv_426; 04-28-2023, 02:57 AM.
              2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Fun has started

Comment

Originally posted by Acarv_426 View Post

Good call, it’s on the list (well it is now haha) thanks man. I also stopped by eforty6_m3’s house so he could let me borrow his K+Dcan cable. The one I had ordered from Amazon was DOA. He’s a great guy!
                  Disagreed...he's kind of an ass!

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                  2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                  My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post

Disagreed...he's kind of an ass!
                    Lol agree to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

S85 isn't too bad, I would also replace the vanos line/ vanos pump with an uprated unit while your in there, just make sure and lever style dial indicator (not plunger) with a solid mounting point to set proper backlash.

You can buy the OEM BMW dial/holder but its $$$.

I sure hope to own an S85 vehicle someday..
                      yes sir that's in the cart as well. im just hoping that the vanos pump doesn't have damage. i've heard good things about the 'mitutoyo' dial indicator so that's the one im thinking of going with.

it's a glorious engine, i wish i could say the same about the chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by killa_e46 View Post
                        Front and Rear AP Racing BBK with stainless steel lines floating hat front rotors and CSL rear rotors, in the coming weeks 3.91 diff, full subframe and RACP reinforcement, and solid subframe bushings.
                        Which AP kit did you go for, the 8350 or one of the 9660/9668s? Bought from Essex?

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post

Which AP kit did you go for, the 8350 or one of the 9660/9668s? Bought from Essex?
                          Front is the 8350 and Rear is the 5144. Bought from Essex.

Comment

Originally posted by killa_e46 View Post

Front is the 8350 and Rear is the 5144. Bought from Essex.
                            Essex uses a 4 Piston Front. AP racing also hast their own BBK for Out Cars, which use a 6 Piston Front.

AP Racing, the Coventry, UK-based company is a key supplier and the leading manufacturer of performance brake and clutch systems for road and race cars.

Just for information.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Subframe reinforcement underway. All in all, it's in great shape. No broken spot welds and a single 1'' crack.

Comment

Brandon over at DMG sent me a pic this weekend of my Pro-46R raw finished with pronounced heat signatures. Its scheduled to arrive this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X