What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acarv_426 View Post
    Brandon over at DMG sent me a pic this weekend of my Pro-46R raw finished with pronounced heat signatures. Its scheduled to arrive this week.
    Very nice. I have the same in my car. Just a note for your install, you'll probably have to use a file to enlarge the 3 holes on each side of the DMG brace to allow for the nuts to mount onto the strut tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
      Essex uses a 4 Piston Front. AP racing also has their own BBK for our cars, which use a 6 Piston Front.

AP Racing, the Coventry, UK-based company is a key supplier and the leading manufacturer of performance brake and clutch systems for road and race cars.

Just for information.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk
      I did see that when I was shopping around but I didn't really have the need to go 6 piston.

I've been super happy with the 4 piston, the stopping power is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post

Very nice. I have the same in my car. Just a note for your install, you'll probably have to use a file to enlarge the 3 holes on each side of the DMG brace to allow for the nuts to mount onto the strut tower.
        Cool, thanks for the heads up man!
        2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Yesterday I applied a sticker to a box. The day prior I installed said box.

Huge thanks to Casa de Mesa for his massive effort during install – that took way longer than I thought it would. And it was completely my fault. A couple of times. His calmness/resolve truly won the day. I would still be working in the garage right now had he not been there. Casa = E46 Jedi + RealOEM stud. Thank you, sir!

Props to COVID-19 for his MAP sensor kit. Great product, seamless. Thanks for putting it out there for us. Also, I still need a co-driver for that thing in June. Let me know if you are interested in coming down. For reals…

Thanks to HassanEido for being patient and gracious with my technical difficulties thus far. Greatly appreciated.

Cheers to all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0839.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	216944

Comment

• Completed my first DIY valve adjustment – 7 valves out of spec after 60k miles
            • Replaced the compressor, tensioner, and accessory pulleys which were shot; discovered a missing dust cap on one of them in the process
            • Finally tracked down a pesky oil leak that had been running down the back of the engine, which instead of the CPV turned out to be the exhaust side camshaft position sensor o-ring which had turned to plastic
            Snapped the banjo bolt on the valve cover while I was in there, but luckily the threads were fine. Have removed and replaced it many times, but the lack of space vs. size of my torque wrench created a weird angle and I was tired. Will be torqueing this one with a flex head by feel going forward.

Fresh FCABs next – looking forward to the refreshed steering feel and purring engine without oil dripping onto the headers.
            Last edited by dukeofchen; 05-09-2023, 11:25 AM.
            '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
            All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post
              Yesterday I applied a sticker to a box. The day prior I installed said box.

Huge thanks to Casa de Mesa for his massive effort during install – that took way longer than I thought it would. And it was completely my fault. A couple of times. His calmness/resolve truly won the day. I would still be working in the garage right now had he not been there. Casa = E46 Jedi + RealOEM stud. Thank you, sir!

Props to COVID-19 for his MAP sensor kit. Great product, seamless. Thanks for putting it out there for us. Also, I still need a co-driver for that thing in June. Let me know if you are interested in coming down. For reals…

Thanks to HassanEido for being patient and gracious with my technical difficulties thus far. Greatly appreciated.

Cheers to all!
              What kind of worthless post is this without driving impression dogg?
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

picked up a new Interstate H7 AGM battery. Start-up is noticeably quicker.

2 years on the last battery. I got tired of waking up to a battery on Monday morning that was just low enough to not be able to start the car after leaving it for a weekend. I think the extreme heat and cold in the high deserts in CA ruined it.
                "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Drove it. It was as good as I remembered.
                  Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

What kind of worthless post is this without driving impression dogg?
                    You ain't kidding dogg! Car currently has base CSL tune, and I was advised to not go too crazy until full dyno tune is on the car. That takes place on the 19th.

In the nearer term - Wow! What a difference. The tune really woke the engine up. Spools up quicker, more power all around. The engine exhaust note at idle was noticeably different. My suspicion is that the exhaust note is different throughout the entire rev range. But I haven't had enough time in the seat yet to confirm that.

But exhaust doesn't really matter since the airbox is installed. Wow. That sound. That's a whole different level of visceral. The intake note is just gnarly. It's a symphony. It reverberates throughout the entire car. It's tough to put into words but you can feel it as much as you can hear it. It almost sounds bionic. And it's just glorious. To think BMWs now have engine noises coming from the speakers; they will never be able to recreate this experience with electronics.

I was only able to put 10 miles on the car last night as I am having battery issues. I Will report back once I have more. But overall I couldn't be happier. It's a whole new drive, dogg.

Oh, also, when Hassan was done with his tuning my battery (while on tender) went down to 10.9V. So, if we need a new benchmark of how low your battery could be when doing this I think we have it. And I wouldn't recommend trying to beat that number either. I think I got lucky.

Cheers!

Comment

Picked up my half cage and rear brace from powder coat today:

http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Drove it. Getting a few rare days as the daily.

Comment

I resprayed my engine bay on my Laguna Seca
                          2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                            Picked up my half cage and rear brace from powder coat today:
                            Which rollbar is that? I need to look for one if I want to run harnesses properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                              I resprayed my engine bay on my Laguna Seca
                              Man, I aspire to be in a position to restore these types of details someday. Uphill climb at 185k miles but I've got nothing but time.
                              '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                              All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

Man, I aspire to be in a position to restore these types of details someday. Uphill climb at 185k miles but I've got nothing but time.
                                Well it wasn’t a detail on mine haha, it had a rustproofing done 15years ago and wasn’t able to remove it without damaging the original base coat…
                                2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Working...
                                X