Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tnord View Post

the karbonius one too?

People are having trouble fitting the OEM parts into the Karbonius trunk.

It seems like there's currently no problem-free CSL trunk, although SLON might be the best atm, hard to tell. Sometimes it's hard to decide if the product is bad, or the person installing it just didn't get it right.
    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

From understanding and that long over drawn Slon's trunk was bad thread is that they failed to install it right. It's a back and forth blame game but at the end of the day I OEM will fit with the fewest issues and expect to have to make adjustments for the Karbonious and Slon. But those two would be the highest quality aside OEM.

Comment

Just recently installed an OEM CSL trunk and I found it difficult to install the trunk wrong, IMO. 2 bolts that hang the trunk in place and 2 more below it. Make some micro-adjustments and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

People are having trouble fitting the OEM parts into the Karbonius trunk.

It seems like there's currently no problem-free CSL trunk, although SLON might be the best atm, hard to tell. Sometimes it's hard to decide if the product is bad, or the person installing it just didn't get it right.
          I'll have to look into that, the Karbonius is the one I was lusting after. I don't feel the need to install the trim carpet and tool kit however. If the taillights don't fit however, that's something different.

Comment

Replaced inner tail lights 20 yr old vs new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart79 View Post

So refreshing. Hit up the outer taillights with a polisher for an ever fresher look.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart79 View Post

What brand is your CSL trunk?
                2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Took it in to remove the haggard ppf on the leading edge of the hood. Going to look so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post

I'll have to look into that, the Karbonius is the one I was lusting after. I don't feel the need to install the trim carpet and tool kit however. If the taillights don't fit however, that's something different.

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

OE BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

OE BMW

Comment

Got my brand new Valeo alternator installed and did the OFHG while I was in there.

The shop that did my fender agreed to fix it. The owner sounds like she doesn't like having stuff done half-assed and was very apologetic for missing the problems I pointed out. Regardless, I think I will do a bit of disassembly for them before I drop the car off to get fixed.

Comment

Added front sway bar reinforcements and V-brace to my sedan 😊

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4771.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	236809

Name:	IMG_4794.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	236810

Name:	IMG_5542.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	236811
                            IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT​
                            A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                            Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                            Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                            ​Touring S62 6MT
                            Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Completed my MK60 Swap. Wiring for the new connector was routed through the cabin. I used the existing wire outlet from the ECU Box (used in MK20 for preload pump and master cylinder wires). I also connected the rear to the existing lines at the coupling.
                              My wiring harness ist a bit smaller, as I am using a standalone race system. No yaw sensor, No factory DSC. But the system has all the outlets to program a custom traction control once the car gets a different ECU.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                                Completed my MK60 Swap. Wiring for the new connector was routed through the cabin. I used the existing wire outlet from the ECU Box (used in MK20 for preload pump and master cylinder wires). I also connected the rear to the existing lines at the coupling.
                                My wiring harness ist a bit smaller, as I am using a standalone race system. No yaw sensor, No factory DSC. But the system has all the outlets to program a custom traction control once the car gets a different ECU.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk
                                is the mk60 unit flashed with motorsport firmware?

Comment

Working...
                                X