What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

I'm assuming that Gear recognition sensor SMG 2 suitable is closed!

SMG, M3, E46, BMW, INPA, Gangsensor, Gangerkennungssensor, Wahlwinkelsensor, Fehler, Getriebe, Anlernen, Adabtion, Löschen, neu, Tauschen, Probleme, Reparieren, mForum, AIC-PX, Wahlwinkel, Gangerkennu

sorry is in german

In the video it's third gear, but it doesn't matter! It's usually second or third gear!

I bought it her https://burkhart-engineering.com/sho...-inkl-csl-bmw/

Try soldering the circuit board

I can take a look at my sensor next time I get the car in the air, but ordering a new one is almost out of the question at $800 US. I can get a manual shifter, knob, boot, trim etc. for that price.

My SMG needs a pump motor and/or accumulator too as the pressure holding is just out of spec.

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post

I can take a look at my sensor next time I get the car in the air, but ordering a new one is almost out of the question at $800 US. I can get a manual shifter, knob, boot, trim etc. for that price.

My SMG needs a pump motor and/or accumulator too as the pressure holding is just out of spec.
      I love my SMG. It's a shame you're all converting to switches. The technology is simply brilliant and works great...

Comment

Just arrived: bigger oil cooler and 6 Point harnesses.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
          Just arrived: bigger oil cooler and 6 Point harnesses.

Is that the Dboi88 or however it's spelt? How does it perform

Comment

Installed it, and then drove it a couple miles down the road to my storage spot. Can't wait to actually enjoy it next year. Thanks again, OldRanger!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231028_194511162.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	241387

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

Is that the Dboi88 or however it's spelt? How does it perform
              Yeah, thats the DO88.

I cannot say how it performes myself, as I just got it.

A couple of people Here are running it and they have lower oil temps on the track than with stock. They are still farely new, so no long term feedback yet. Built quality is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

I love my SMG. It's a shame you're all converting to switches. The technology is simply brilliant and works great...
                SMG is going on a shelf in case I want it again. It works well in spirited driving, but the other 90% around town is like me when I was learning to drive a manual in high school.

Manual conversion is cheaper than an SMG refurb and I miss having a manual in my garage.

Comment

Name:	IMG_2895.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	241414 Washed my wheels. Then took a picture.
                  Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                    Washed my wheels. Then took a picture.
                    Gotta wash the wheels... and gotta take pictures...🤣

Shit you've done more than I have... haven't driving that car in months

maw

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2895.jpg Views:	46 Size:	116.8 KB ID:	241414 Washed my wheels. Then took a picture.
                      Man I really miss my CH's, sadly they were the original cast version and got eaten alive by LA potholes. Gone but not forgotten.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20140223_194816295_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.4 KB ID:	241440
                      '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                      All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Swapped out my Touring trim for new OEM wheel trim and wrapped the other pieces to match. Had to wrap because shadowline is not available for 4 doors from as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My driver side mirror had "the wobble", so I knocked that out today (special thanks to ShopLifeTV video). A few quick pointers:

1) You absolutely have to pull the door panel, no way around it easily (if at all)
                          2) When pulling off the interior triangle garnish, pull inward at the top of the part to release the top tab (#1 of 2), then slide the part up so the lower keyed tab (#2 of 2) can be released by again pulling toward you
                          3) I replaced the foam piece on the interior triangle garnish ($.80)
                          4) Remove the mirror control ECU and then disconnect the two harnesses plugs (push down on the connector then slide the locking tab all the way down until it clicks; then pull the plugs)
                          5) PUT A RAG OR SOMETHING BETWEEN THE MIRROR AND DOOR PANEL
                          6) Remove both mirror bolts while holding mirror; note that the wire harness grommet will prevent the mirror from totally falling out. Then you can push the grommet outward and feed the wire out of the panel hole.
                          7) Pull the foam insert out of the mirror, remove the two T20 screws holding the outer mirror on, apply blue loctite and reinsert hand tight.

Put it all back together.

I chose to put a small dab of blue LT on the two 10mm bolts holding the mirror to the door as well, just because. I hate pulling the door panel, and don't want to get back in there if necessary.

Name:	IMG_9228.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	241537

Name:	IMG_9229.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	241538

Name:	IMG_9239.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	241539

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                            My driver side mirror had "the wobble", so I knocked that out today (special thanks to ShopLifeTV video). A few quick pointers:

1) You absolutely have to pull the door panel, no way around it easily (if at all)
                            2) When pulling off the interior triangle garnish, pull inward at the top of the part to release the top tab (#1 of 2), then slide the part up so the lower keyed tab (#2 of 2) can be released by again pulling toward you
                            3) I replaced the foam piece on the interior triangle garnish ($.80)
                            4) Remove the mirror control ECU and then disconnect the two harnesses plugs (push down on the connector then slide the locking tab all the way down until it clicks; then pull the plugs)
                            5) PUT A RAG OR SOMETHING BETWEEN THE MIRROR AND DOOR PANEL
                            6) Remove both mirror bolts while holding mirror; note that the wire harness grommet will prevent the mirror from totally falling out. Then you can push the grommet outward and feed the wire out of the panel hole.
                            7) Pull the foam insert out of the mirror, remove the two T20 screws holding the outer mirror on, apply blue loctite and reinsert hand tight.

Put it all back together.

I chose to put a small dab of blue LT on the two 10mm bolts holding the mirror to the door as well, just because. I hate pulling the door panel, and don't want to get back in there if necessary.

Name:	IMG_9228.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	241537

Name:	IMG_9229.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	241538

Name:	IMG_9239.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	241539
                            I have euro spec electric fold up mirrors and doing this did not fix the wobble. I'll have to take it apart and check further.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

I have euro spec electric fold up mirrors and doing this did not fix the wobble. I'll have to take it apart and check further.
                              I had to tighten the two Torx screws under the mirror insulator to fix the wobble...hence the complete removal of the mirror.

Name:	IMG_9238.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	241550

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

I had to tighten the two Torx screws under the mirror insulator to fix the wobble...hence the complete removal of the mirror.

Name:	IMG_9238.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	241550
                                Yes I did that. Still the same. I'll have to dig deeper.

Comment

Working...
                                X