No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the AFR issues figured out... the ICV was stuck open and leaking into the intake. A cleaning seemed to fix it.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
      Finally got the AFR issues figured out... the ICV was stuck open and leaking into the intake. A cleaning seemed to fix it.
      What were your AFR issues, and had you previously cleaned the ICV?
      I had a bank 2 lean code last fall I'm still wondering about. Cleaned my ICV about 2 years back.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

What were your AFR issues, and had you previously cleaned the ICV?
        I had a bank 2 lean code last fall I'm still wondering about. Cleaned my ICV about 2 years back.
        Once the car warmed up, EML would come on and cause it to go into limp mode. It would cause the AFRs on idle to go really lean, and bank 2 had way more smoke coming out of the tail pipes. This is my first time cleaning the ICV since I bought the car in Jan 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

What kit is this? Not from lightwerkz correct?
          They are NHK V projectors. Most parts sourced from Caesar @ Lightwerkz. DIY install.
          I posted a short night time video on my IG (@limited.slip). They are amazing!
          IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
          A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
          Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
          Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
          Touring S62 6MT
          Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Installed the illuminated knob from newer M models. The boot was adapted to the plastic frame and is nicer than the original leather, also the color is a better match, more gray than black.

Attached Files
            Last edited by maupineda; 01-12-2024, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Don't have an M3 but ZHP. Blew the HG and bought an s54. Ordered Beisan​ vanos rebuilt, bimmerworld SF plates, and VAC bearings.

Comment

Oh and d008 radiator, quite the research rabbit hole.

Comment

Originally posted by ZHLPR View Post
                  Oh and d008 radiator, quite the research rabbit hole.
                  So from your rabbit hole what made you decide on D008?

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

So from your rabbit hole what made you decide on D008?
                    CSF seemed to have mixed reviews. The e90 crowd love the D008. Zionsville is the best? but $$$. ACM had a sale that made it hard to pass up.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240114_131456.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	249174

Found the missing rear panel for my Imola interior. Maybe I should just install this thing and sell both of my black interiors.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Name:	20240114_131456.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	249174

Found the missing rear panel for my Imola interior. Maybe I should just install this thing and sell both of my black interiors.
                        Yes the IR will look great!

Comment

Name:	IMG_5825.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	249278 I’m finally getting to work on the M3 Wagon project. It’s in the body shop and they are working on the under carriage - I need to get the front and rear suspension together so they can get the car on the ground and position the fenders around the wheels to make sure everything looks right and is even before they start welding them in.

This morning’s project was to get the rear subframe ready - I forgot how much fun it is to get the OEM bushings out. 🤪
                          '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
                          '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

Fuel lines ruined my day today lol. I gave up dropping the fuel tank because I could not get the fittings on the evap line 16117176511 to come off. The little blue neck on the tank itself began to flex and I saw dollar signs so I stopped. Aside from penetrating oil to loosen it up, any tips? The line is like $360 so it would be great to not have to cut it. And I really do not want to damage my fuel tank.
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                              Fuel lines ruined my day today lol. I gave up dropping the fuel tank because I could not get the fittings on the evap line 16117176511 to come off. The little blue neck on the tank itself began to flex and I saw dollar signs so I stopped. Aside from penetrating oil to loosen it up, any tips? The line is like $360 so it would be great to not have to cut it. And I really do not want to damage my fuel tank.
                              Penetrating oil and get an o-ring pick to get inside the hose. You lift hose from nipple than shoot oil or lubricant like PL100 and try to rotate the hose on the nipple.
                              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                                Disconnect them in the wheel well and pull them through the body when you drop the tank.

When I drop a fuel tank I don't even pull the backseat, you can get everything from the bottom.
                                '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Working...
                                X