No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just before Christmas, I sent the (presumed OE) first set of injectors out to RC Fuel Injection for cleaning and flow testing. Got back from vacation to find the package of freshly cleaned and flow tested injectors waiting for me like a late Christmas present.

I was also waiting to see how bad the injectors were lol.

Seeing that injector 4 was nearly 100cc lower than spec, I wasn't disappointed lol. That was amazing. I'm betting these were the OE that came with the car, so about ~260k miles on them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	198844
    Last edited by zzyzx85; 01-03-2023, 02:31 PM.
    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
      Just before Christmas, I sent the (presumed OE) first set of injectors out to RC Fuel Injection for cleaning and flow testing. Got back from vacation to find the package of freshly cleaned and flow tested injectors waiting for me like a late Christmas present.

I was also waiting to see how bad the injectors were lol.

Seeing that injector 4 was nearly 100cc lower than spec, I wasn't disappointed lol. That was amazing. I'm betting these were the OE that came with the car, so about ~260k miles on them.

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	198844
      I think I'll do the same thing. Mine only has 226k KM (about 135k miles) so not as much as yours but I bet they are in need of a clean as well. For the price it can't hurt.

Comment

Finished my rear porsche brake conversion.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lavatoad View Post
          Finished my rear porsche brake conversion.

Nice! Did you buy a kit or did you piece them together yourself?

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot I had these too

Bought them during the Black Friday sale, while waiting in the Madrid airport for our flight back from Spain. I jokingly asked if I could pick them up lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230103_211628.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	199019
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20230103_211530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.4 KB ID:	199017Click image for larger version  Name:	20230103_211554.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.0 KB ID:	199018
            Last edited by zzyzx85; 01-05-2023, 09:25 AM.
            "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
            ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

Nice! Did you buy a kit or did you piece them together yourself?
              Put it together myself. Ebay calipers (that were totally wrecked), rally road brackets and lines, z4 m rotors via FCP.

Had to fully rebuild the calipers. Besides strip and paint, had to replace pistons, seals, and dust boots. That tooks a while to source as the rear rebuild kits were sold out everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavatoad View Post
                Put it together myself. Ebay calipers (that were totally wrecked), rally road brackets and lines, z4 m rotors via FCP.

Had to fully rebuild the calipers. Besides strip and paint, had to replace pistons, seals, and dust boots. That tooks a while to source as the rear rebuild kits were sold out everywhere.

Nice! Did you have the fronts machined?

Comment

Kicked off my power train renewal project.

Dropped the motor and gearbox. Then disassembled the engine completely. Interestingly most components were still quite good at 200k kilometers. Had some wear on the cylinder walls and on the main bearings/journals. Rod journals are still perfect. Oil pump piston also without any signs of wear (still from factory).

While at it, also removed the sound insulation in the engine bay and deleted the AC to save weight.

Now the motor will go to an engine builder and get CP pistons, rods, Catcams, a P54 cylinder head, and Supertech valve train. It will also get a lower mileage gearbox and a Coolerworx shifter.

Next I have to buy all the OEM or OE quality motor parts, which is another research project by itself considering price differences between retailers...

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Finally ordered a Karbonius CF roof for my M3. Definitely needed some extra headroom.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                      Kicked off my power train renewal project.
                      Niiiicce! What front control arms are those? They definitely don't look street friendly, but curious what they are.
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230107_141300.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	199570 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230107_141312.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	199571 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230107_170016.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	199572
                        Finally got around to installing the hitch. I used a post from the old forum to give me ideas and in the end I went with some angled steel for added support. It was a bit of on and off with the bumper but it turned out great. Feels solid and ended up at the right height. It will be nice not having to shove everything in the car for the next track day!

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230107_141300.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	199570 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230107_141312.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	199571 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230107_170016.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	199572
                          Finally got around to installing the hitch. I used a post from the old forum to give me ideas and in the end I went with some angled steel for added support. It was a bit of on and off with the bumper but it turned out great. Feels solid and ended up at the right height. It will be nice not having to shove everything in the car for the next track day!
                          That's dope! I assume the ball doesn't fit with the lower valence in place?

Comment

It doesn't, it comes through the center support in the middle Pic. Tomorrow I will cut a hole in the valence since I'm not going to remove it every time I need the hitch in. I may go with a black one to minimize how noticeable the cutout is

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Niiiicce! What front control arms are those? They definitely don't look street friendly, but curious what they are.
                              Those are the AKG DTM style from 7075 Aluminum.

I would not recommend them for pure street cars, due to the exposed monoball joints wearing and the time needed for set up and alignment.
                              But you do have some weight savings over stock and the performance/adjustability is great!

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Those are the AKG DTM style from 7075 Aluminum.
                                Awesome thanks.

I would not recommend them for pure street cars, due to the exposed monoball joints wearing and the time needed for set up and alignment.
                                But you do have some weight savings over stock and the performance/adjustability is great!
                                We're on the same page there. I was thinking about how much fun it would be to have something with so much adjustability. I'm a nerd when it comes to alignments:

I wanted to share the my alignment spreadsheet with this community. It's applicable to anyone doing a string alignment at home, with whatever tools and methods you're using. I previously shared a link to a similar version in someone else's thread, but I have progressed this file a bit since then. Google docs to my setup

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X