What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Are you saying that the new assembly on the left doesn't match the as-removed assembly on the right, or that they both match and are incorrect? If the later I'm surprised because to my knowledge that is the original fan assembly the car came with. To me both assemblies look to have the fan blades at the same position.
    The left does not match the right. Look at the concavity of the blades.

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post

The left does not match the right. Look at the concavity of the blades.
      I see it now! Thanks guys!! Dang I feel like an idiot.

Comment

Got some new-to-me trim installed. I have wood in my other BMWs, and I felt like it was missing in the M3. Doesn't help that the Titan Silver was poorly refinished. Hit the SMG surround with Duplicolor Black Vinyl paint. If anyone is able to identify what exact trim this is I would appreciate it.

I had the thought of doing this recently. Always thought it was ugly but it’s been growing on me. I bought a Touareg with wood trim and brown leather and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Are you saying that the new assembly on the left doesn't match the as-removed assembly on the right, or that they both match and are incorrect? If the later I’m surprised because to my knowledge that is the original fan assembly the car came with. To me both assemblies look to have the fan blades at the same position.
          Your original (old) fan is correct, your new fan is not. Look at the curve of the blades - they are inverted on your new fan. They should be curved towards the table the fan is lying on, like your old fan, not up. You need to remove the fan, flip it, and re-mount it on a clutch. Alternatively, these could be wrong fan blades for the car.
          Last edited by TexaZ3; 02-12-2024, 05:00 PM.
          BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Got some new-to-me trim installed. I have wood in my other BMWs, and I felt like it was missing in the M3. Doesn't help that the Titan Silver was poorly refinished.
            I think that's actually a good look. I thought about it from time to time myself, but then decided with the Imola interior I prefer metallic colored trim.

It would be nice if some E46 wood interior car had SMG, so you could do something with that shifter. Maybe an Alcantara shift knob will tie in a little better. But other than that, good work.

All of my wood interior cars have either leather or wood shift knobs, which flow a little better. But that's also why I could live without another wood interior car.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I think that's actually a good look. I thought about it from time to time myself, but then decided with the Imola interior I prefer metallic colored trim.

It would be nice if some E46 wood interior car had SMG, so you could do something with that shifter. Maybe an Alcantara shift knob will tie in a little better. But other than that, good work.

All of my wood interior cars have either leather or wood shift knobs, which flow a little better. But that's also why I could live without another wood interior car.

maw
              I think I've seen either an SMG or maybe it was a DCT car that just had a manual alcantara boot where the black SMG trim goes, but then I'd have nowhere for the switch. Something that swaps both chrome parts for something more muted would be nice.

I have an AS AX shifter on order, so we'll see how long the SMG actually stays. It's been so well behaved since the new position sensor though that it's getting back in my good graces.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Good to know it is not just an American thing lol. I've been pulled over twice, not the in m3, but in two of my other cars that are more "racy". No broken laws, no tickets issued. Just pulling me over. The one was funny because it was the in the evening (couldn't see me) and the policeman walks up and sees a fifty plus year old gray hair driving a highly modified brightly colored 2016 Focus ST, I could immediately see that I wasn't what he was expecting.
                These are not the droids you are looking for.....
                Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Bought a CSL flap from Schmiedmann for twice what I sold my last one for a couple years ago. Prepping for my CSL bumper project. Follow me for more investment advice

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                    Bought a CSL flap from Schmiedmann for twice what I sold my last one for a couple years ago. Prepping for my CSL bumper project. Follow me for more investment advice
                    Man I've sold off so many parts back in the day that are worth 2-3x now. It hurts especially when you're looking to buy them back.

Comment

Been a busy week with car projects.
                      Retrofitted lumbar support into the drivers seat. Damn, I've been missing out, this makes the seat feel perfect for me. Should have done this ten years ago. Too bad I can't retrofit the adjustable bolsters as well.

Replaced my trim with the aluminum cube trim.

Installed the F10 M5 Illuminated shift knob from Leatherz.

Also started on replacing my HK speakers with Bavsound. Only did one door so far but it already sounds much better than my aging stock speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                        I have so much fomo for not buying OE CSL parts years ago

Comment

It never ends. Went to install the roll bar today and found this. Right where the bar needs to mount.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0837.jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.3 KB ID:	253900
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                            It never ends. Went to install the roll bar today and found this. Right where the bar needs to mount.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0837.jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.3 KB ID:	253900
                            I never understood why (half) cages always mount to this part of the car, this is incredibly thin and weak sheet metal, and as you just discovered a place that likes to rust.
                            E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                            E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                            E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

I never understood why (half) cages always mount to this part of the car, this is incredibly thin and weak sheet metal, and as you just discovered a place that likes to rust.
                              Yea, not gonna lie, I’m feeling pretty disheartened at the moment. I think what I’m gonna do is find a shop to repair this area, and add reinforcement for each of the 4 mounting points.
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Yea, not gonna lie, I’m feeling pretty disheartened at the moment. I think what I’m gonna do is find a shop to repair this area, and add reinforcement for each of the 4 mounting points.
                                Damn Nate I feel for you man, can't catch a break.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X