What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramps View Post

Keep us posted if you end up replacing the amp. I really want to upgrade the factory sub setup but keep the HK basket. I was considering just upgrading the 6x9s like you tried, and wondering if there is a way to replace the small amp with an aftermarket one using the same wiring (with larger power and ground) or if you have to use a line converter and RCA cables etc.
    Yes, there is a way! I just completed upgrading the stock AMP, HK sub speakers, and all remaining HK speakers. I aslo integrated full touch screen carplay to the oem navigation HU.

So there is a stage 2 oem amp upgrade available that boosts the stock amp to 50 watts. You have to send the stock amp out to the UK so they can modify it. Kicker makes direct replacement speakers that drop into the HK sub basket and uses the exact same connections as factory. All of this is essentially plug-n-play drop in and there is a significant upgrade in sound.

Kicker vs OEM HK Sub Speaker

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5550_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	255767

OEM Navi HU with touchscreen & fullscreen carplay.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5610_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	255768

Kicker Speakers inside the oem HK sub basket...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5556_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	255766

Attached Files
    2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Originally posted by Projecte46m3 View Post

Yes, there is a way! I just completed upgrading the stock AMP, HK sub speakers, and all remaining HK speakers. I aslo integrated full touch screen carplay to the oem navigation HU.

So there is a stage 2 oem amp upgrade available that boosts the stock amp to 50 watts. You have to send the stock amp out to the UK so they can modify it. Kicker makes direct replacement speakers that drop into the HK sub basket and uses the exact same connections as factory. All of this is essentially plug-n-play drop in and there is a significant upgrade in sound.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5550_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	255767

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5610_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	255768

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5556_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	255766

Do you have a thread detailing your set up?

Comment

Originally posted by I M Legend View Post

Correct me if im wrong, but he is still putting everything together; ongoing process.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
          Made some progress reassembling my car this evening. My friend is coming over tomorrow to get the rear end back in. I don’t want to jinx it but I might be able to drive the car by the end of the weekend 😳

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0920.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	254714

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0923.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	254715

KW Clubsport, 18x10 ET25 Volk ZE40, 275 NT01 scrubs, new tie rods, new control arms, BimmerWorld TrackCABs delrin LCA bushings, DB9 calipers, ZCP rotors, HEL lines, Hotchkis sway, Hawk DTC-60 pads which I’ll probably change soon, and Racing Brake titanium shims and high temp boots, PFC fluid inbound

Somewhat ambiguous side note about fitment with this size of everything. It rubbed on the spring at first, but I raised it to what is probably a more realistic ride height, and now it clears. I’m going to have to drive around a bit to let it settle before getting the car corner balanced, that way I’ll know if I’m in the ballpark or if I’ll need a very small spacer.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0924.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	254716

edit: forgot to add, long Motorsport Hardware wheels studs. Awesome that they have these at FCP, new set once or twice a year. Boom. Also loving the hex key installation, just sayin, way less of a pain in the ass than the two nut method.
          I need the info on that powder coating color/finish, I love it, it's immaculate!

Comment

Originally posted by I M Legend View Post

I'm slacking on my build thread...its coming soon!

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

Correct me if im wrong, but he is still putting everything together; ongoing process.
              The major components are installed and completed...waiting for some other stuff to get done to put the car back together...However, I'm happy to report that everything has been tested and working perfectly!

Comment

I have to do a build thread but, here are a few things that I've been hoarding for the past 3 months...

New goodies for my already heavily modified M4 GTS! I think im bored at this point LOL

Comment

Have you taken pics of your garage before Projecte46m3

Comment

[QUOTE=siamkazi;n254027]Added a lip from Suvneer, some side skirt extensions, and Arc-8's. Gotta love SoCal 🌞QUOTE]

Replaced my front lip with this Suvneer Lip yesterday after seeing your post. Fitment is really good, quality is good. Not real Carbon fiber but nobody is ever going to know and the price is right.
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5550_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	255767

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5610_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	255768

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5556_jpg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	255766

Nice!!

I just installed a set of these: https://www.cdtaudio.com/cdtnew22/pr...fers/cl69s.php

But the stock sub amp doesn’t provide enough power so i just picked up a small JBL amp and I have a line output converter on the way, so i am going to try to make them sound good.

I haven’t had time to install the BSW speakers yet, I am going to try to get the subs sorted first. Let us know how your setup sounds, we need more definitive info on here as to how to get decent sound out of the stock sub enclosure…if it’s possible.

Comment

I have to do a build thread but, here are a few things that I've been hoarding for the past 3 months...

New goodies for my already heavily modified M4 GTS! I think im bored at this point LOL

Wowwza 😳
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

I need the info on that powder coating color/finish, I love it, it's immaculate!
                          Thanks! It’s a Prismatic gold, I can’t remember which exact powder. I can ask my guy.
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Your floor looks amazing!! Can you send me a link to the floor mats you ordered?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramps View Post

Nice!!

I just installed a set of these: https://www.cdtaudio.com/cdtnew22/pr...fers/cl69s.php

But the stock sub amp doesn’t provide enough power so i just picked up a small JBL amp and I have a line output converter on the way, so i am going to try to make them sound good.

I haven’t had time to install the BSW speakers yet, I am going to try to get the subs sorted first. Let us know how your setup sounds, we need more definitive info on here as to how to get decent sound out of the stock sub enclosure…if it’s possible.
                              Did they fit properly or did you have to modify?

Comment

[QUOTE=oceansize;n255902]
                                Originally posted by siamkazi View Post
                                Added a lip from Suvneer, some side skirt extensions, and Arc-8's. Gotta love SoCal 🌞QUOTE]

Replaced my front lip with this Suvneer Lip yesterday after seeing your post. Fitment is really good, quality is good. Not real Carbon fiber but nobody is ever going to know and the price is right.
                                Nice! Yeah, they're good quality and the people there are really cool (they are here in Chino, CA), and installed it for me at their place. They provide discounts on pickup too for those who are local.
                                | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Working...
                                X