No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also scored a used diff which will be rebuilt with my 4.1 crown and pinion and the racing diffs diffs kit. Does 350 sound like a good deal?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.6 KB ID:	259932

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

Well, I was surprised, I am sure I pulled everything out. Maybe 150-200ml left inside?

Click image for larger version

Name:	D3370179-1F9B-4901-854F-2BBC7ADA2E57.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	259929
      Yep, these are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

Well, I was surprised, I am sure I pulled everything out. Maybe 150-200ml left inside?

Name:	D3370179-1F9B-4901-854F-2BBC7ADA2E57.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	259929
        The tube that's provided is pretty rigid as it has a metal wire running through it for shape, so getting it into all the lower crevices of the oil pain is tough.

We're leaving behind a bit of oil for sure, 100mL is what I've been leaving behind each change. Might be smart to get underneath and undo the drain plug every few oil changes I suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

I'd be curious to see it installed, looks like it'll be interesting to package.
          Not installed yet, but here is a picture of OEM vs EMU in size.
          Hoping to get it done within the next few days.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

The tube that's provided is pretty rigid as it has a metal wire running through it for shape, so getting it into all the lower crevices of the oil pain is tough.

We're leaving behind a bit of oil for sure, 100mL is what I've been leaving behind each change. Might be smart to get underneath and undo the drain plug every few oil changes I suppose?
            I change it every year which is less than 2k kms so I am not worried about “old” oil left inside, and I compensated by putting 5.3l in and not 5.5.

is interesting to see how little oil S54 uses considering is 3.25l. Even the 2l I6 M54 used more than 6l of oil

Comment

Little project going on … oem leather.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Stilt; 04-05-2024, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
                Little project going on … oem leather.
                Very nice! Who is selling the leather? I need some

Comment

Finished the hardware part of the Ecumaster Emu Black installation. It is a bit more crowded in there now, but I can fit everything in there and close the lid with no issues. Routing the the the wires for the LSU 4.9 through the factory cable ducts behind the engine was a pain but worth it as it looks stock.

Now waiting for the software guy to flash a base map so I can start putting miles on my car.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

RACP reinforcement progress

Comment

Finally replaced the trunk lock actuator. When unlocking the trunk with either 1) the key fob or 2) the interior release switch, the latch would intermittently unlock and quickly relock itself such that unless I lifted on the trunk when pressing the (key fob) button, it would not open (manual function with the key in the trunk cylinder was ok). I tried the "adjust the bumpers" method but no luck. I used the Genuine BMW actuator and it appears to work perfectly now and even sounds different when actuating.

A few notes on this job:
                      1] The 3 holes in the actuator bracket for the M6 T30 bolts are not threaded; TIS instructs to use "thread cutting bolts" but after looking at how the actuator has no real locating/temp install structure, I tapped the holes (holes are 5mm diameter so a basic M6x1.00 tap worked fine). I ended up installing new bolts and snugging them all up a little at a time to seat the actuator against the inner trunk surface where the latch protrudes and get it back into alignment as much as possible; odd design IMO.
                      2] The two screws holding the emergency kit in are a P1 Philips; difficult to see due to the felt covering the drive heads and risk of stripping the head.
                      3] Replace the reverse bulbs "while you're in there" due not having to pull the liner in the future.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Name:	IMG_3422.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	260431 New wheels finally arrived

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                          Finally replaced the trunk lock actuator. When unlocking the trunk with either 1) the key fob or 2) the interior release switch, the latch would intermittently unlock and quickly relock itself such that unless I lifted on the trunk when pressing the (key fob) button, it would not open (manual function with the key in the trunk cylinder was ok). I tried the "adjust the bumpers" method but no luck. I used the Genuine BMW actuator and it appears to work perfectly now and even sounds different when actuating.

A few notes on this job:
                          1] The 3 holes in the actuator bracket for the M6 T30 bolts are not threaded; TIS instructs to use "thread cutting bolts" but after looking at how the actuator has no real locating/temp install structure, I tapped the holes (holes are 5mm diameter so a basic M6x1.00 tap worked fine). I ended up installing new bolts and snugging them all up a little at a time to seat the actuator against the inner trunk surface where the latch protrudes and get it back into alignment as much as possible; odd design IMO.
                          2] The two screws holding the emergency kit in are a P1 Philips; difficult to see due to the felt covering the drive heads and risk of stripping the head.
                          3] Replace the reverse bulbs "while you're in there" due not having to pull the liner in the future.
                          Nice! I have had the same issue as you know in that when I switched to a CSL trunk I must lift up on trunk while simultaneously pressing the key fob otherwise it just "doubles clicks".

I have a got it to work for short periods of time by messing with the adjustmers but it never seems to stay working. I'm all about spare parts so maybe I may have to just get another actuator as well even though in my case I feel its the trunk as it worked perfectly with the stock trunk.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Met up with NAM3 member ChapterM3 this morning at my place, traded parts and talked cars. Very 😎 guy!

We drank, we fought, we made our M3 ancestors proud!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Calb View Post
                              New wheels finally arrived
                              Sexy!

Are these the forged ones I saw on Instagram?

Specs?

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
                                Met up with NAM3 member ChapterM3 this morning at my place, traded parts and talked cars. Very 😎 guy!

We drank, we fought, we made our M3 ancestors proud!
                                Awesome meeting up with you man! More sessions to come soon!!
                                - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Working...
                                X