What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
    Did a set of euro mirrors, changed my mind after selling a previous set...I like them!

My car had the older glass with locks and adhesive, so take care to remove. New glass snapped in.
    One of the best things to do, ive done this on all of my cars.

Comment

Brand new steering wheel, so freaking nice:
      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
        I did it on the Zed, nothing beats that “new” feeling

Comment

had a good buddy of mine model and test print the mesh for a CSL bumper hole - appears this part may be going NLA and it's the only thing missing from the mile end bumper that just showed up 😀

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3331.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	267811
          ​​Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3339.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	267812
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8802.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	267813​​​
          [AW / Cinnamon / 6MT] /// [build journal]

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
            I need to get one too LOL. Looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

I need to get one too LOL. Looks awesome
              Yup, good stuff.

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

I did it on the Zed, nothing beats that “new” feeling
              Yup, except the emptiness in your wallet ))​
              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Did the 'ol heat gun trick on my faded seatbelts. Takes tinfoil and a lot of patience. Huge difference. Only got to the rears so far, my fronts might be too far gone - we'll see (UPDATE: they are indeed to far gone and started bubbling from the heat - if anyone is selling any in restorable shape hit me up!). Would recommend.

before:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 4.05.00 PM.png Views:	23 Size:	722.0 KB ID:	267854
                after:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 4.05.07 PM.png Views:	23 Size:	417.8 KB ID:	267855
                Last edited by bagger; 06-12-2024, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bagger View Post
                  Did the 'ol heat gun trick on my faded seatbelts. Takes tinfoil and a lot of patience. Huge difference. Only got to the rears so far, my fronts might be too far gone - we'll see (UPDATE: they are indeed to far gone and started bubbling from the heat - if anyone is selling any in restorable shape hit me up!). Would recommend.

Funny, I was cleaning my seats the other day and noticed how bad my seat belts looked - not something I've come across or noticed before, then a quick google search provided plenty of info. Will definitely be taking care of them, that looks great.
                  2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post

Funny, I was cleaning my seats the other day and noticed how bad my seat belts looked - not something I've come across or noticed before, then a quick google search provided plenty of info. Will definitely be taking care of them, that looks great.
                    Yeah - go "low and slow". I had my heat gun set to 500 on the low setting. The rear ones took a long time (5-10) minutes of heat to start changing color. Just keep the heat gun moving at all times. When I tried my fronts (too far gone), they changed color after a minute and started bubbling. Probably not as much material to work with, so it went much quicker but bubbled 'em up. Doesn't look worse, though. I wonder if I can just somehow swap out the red pieces. I have some spare rears that I bought from a part out to test on first. Gonna try and take them apart to see if I can get that red piece out and somehow swap it into my fronts because the front receptacle is one big piece with the tensioner and not cheap new.

Comment

Track dayyy wohoo

Comment

This weekend's project:
                        • 034 Motorsports engine and transmission mounts
                        • Power steering flush
                        • Transmission flush
                        • New CPV valve with viton o-ring
                        Disassembly complete, next up removal/drain of old and install of new. Hoping to be done by tomorrow evening so I can enjoy a top down drive for Father's Day.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Took my Estoril out of the garage for the first time since 2021 and went for a ride! No wonder this car stay low mileage. It really is a garage queen.

Main reason is due to my garage shape itself. It’s in my basement and made of two differents rooms. To move it from back room to main garage, it needs to be on dollys and only 7’ wide opening between 2 rooms. I’ve been working on differents M3s I owned those past years and also different projects cars. So Estoril M3 stayed under the OEM 4 seasons cover and sometimes been used as a shelf for differents CF parts when garage is too full…

Now switching place with my new project/Silver M3. Doing a full overhaul to this M3 so won’t get out of garage before 2025 for sure!​
                          2002 BMW E46 M3 TiAg 6mt Track car project
                          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Added 15mm bonoss spacers. Happy now (E92 M3)

Click image for larger version  Name:	spacers.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.9 KB ID:	268129 Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	268130
                            Last edited by carlos; 06-14-2024, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                              Took my Estoril out of the garage for the first time since 2021 and went for a ride! No wonder this car stay low mileage. It really is a garage queen.

Main reason is due to my garage shape itself. It's in my basement and made of two differents rooms. To move it from back room to main garage, it needs to be on dollys and only 7' wide opening between 2 rooms. I've been working on differents M3s I owned those past years and also different projects cars. So Estoril M3 stayed under the OEM 4 seasons cover and sometimes been used as a shelf for differents CF parts when garage is too full…

Now switching place with my new project/Silver M3. Doing a full overhaul to this M3 so won't get out of garage before 2025 for sure!​
                              Wow that's gorgeous

Comment

Went out and recorded some video and Audio of my Geoff steel airbox with CSL snorkel/flap in the wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X