Comment

Originally posted by HighSchoolDream View Post
      Out with the old, in with the new
      Click image for larger version

Name:	9C91AAA7-AF24-4142-9E10-6684254216F7.jpeg
Views:	557
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	52148
      I have to do this and stop procrastinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Name:	7EC95934-DE58-457E-BDFB-A2571AA392A6.jpeg
Views:	674
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	52241
        I moved mine the most it’s moved in a month it seems lol..

I just felt left out.
        2006 ILB | M-Texture

​

Comment

Name:	62A41D48-E02A-443B-8A2C-7E864EF75CB3.jpeg
Views:	490
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	52358 Just fitted custom BIG brake with 390x36 rotorsClick image for larger version

Name:	D1CE6014-72CF-4812-9265-312AB9FBE3F3.jpeg
Views:	500
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	52357

Comment

Originally posted by ArtiM3 View Post

Name:	62A41D48-E02A-443B-8A2C-7E864EF75CB3.jpeg
Views:	490
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	52358 Just fitted custom BIG brake with 390x36 rotorsClick image for larger version

Name:	D1CE6014-72CF-4812-9265-312AB9FBE3F3.jpeg
Views:	500
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	52357
            Those are huge. What car did they come off of?
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Put new wheels on my S54 Touring. It's like a new car all over again.

Comment

Installed an afe elbow. Not sure about the fitment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Took an extra day off for the holiday weekend so I took the opportunity to try my hand at a paint correction. This was just my second try so it wasn't super fancy, happy with the results. Managed to remove almost all swirls and a ton of the lighter defects.

Used 6.5" pads, think I could have done a little better with a smaller size.

Shame on me for no pre - work pics.

-Wash
                  -Clay
                  Porter Cable DA
                  -Mezerna 400 heavy cut/Lake Country CCS orange
                  -Mezerna 500 super finish/Lake Country CCS white
                  -Poorboys Natty Blue/Lake Country CCS black
                  Final wipedown with some Poorboys spray n wipe

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	55656 Weekend maintenance

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	55656 Weekend maintenance

Cool, how much of a PITA was it? What tools did you use?

Comment

It was mostly a pain because I did not want to use my impact wrench and make noise, only used it to break the bolt loose that holds the rtab to the carrier bracket. Other than that I used all hand tools. I borrowed this tool to remove and press in new rtabs https://www.condorspeedshop.com/coll...t=831491440641. A few breaker bars, torque wrenches, ratchets with deep and shallow 18 and 19mm sockets, combination wrenches a pry bar or big screwdriver and you should be good. If I was gonna do it again I would take off the wheels

Comment

It was mostly a pain because I did not want to use my impact wrench and make noise
                          Lol sometimes I just use the impact on random stuff just to make noise on purpose, especially when I disagree with what the virtual teacher is staying in the room next to the garage πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

Cool, how much of a PITA was it? What tools did you use?
                            RTAB DIY
                            -------------------------------------------------------------
                            1. Lift car
                            2. Release e-brake
                            3. Remove wheels
                            4. Place Jack under control arm
                            5. Unbolt abs wire from back of control arm (10mm bolt)
                            6. Un-clip wires that run along trailing arm
                            7. Unbolt bottom shock bolt (60 ft/lbs)
                            8. Outline toe plate bracket with paint/marker.
                            9. Remove three toe plate bolts (57 ft/lbs)
                            10. Remove pass through bolt from RTAB bracket (81 ft/lbs)
                            11. Use this tool to press bushings out.
                            12. Reverse to put back together
                            13. Get alignment

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                              Retrieved this from my intake port and cleaned it up as well as I could. So far it seems like disaster has been averted.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2341.JPG Views:	363 Size:	145.0 KB ID:	42518

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2343.jpg Views:	339 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	42519

What had happened was about 3 weeks ago I was attempting to change my starter motor, and the damn dowel pin was giving me a really hard time. One of the things I tried doing was grinding down the dowel pin with a dremel. During that attempt, the grinding stone broke and flew off. Ultimately ended up boring out the hole in the starter motor to get it over the dowel pin. Got things semi assembled and gave the engine a start -- worked, except I had an instant cylinder 5 misfire. What I found was that grinding stone landed right on top of the idle port for cylinder 5 and was blocking all airflow. And in my attempt to retrieve the stone, it lined up such that it fell straight in. And I had to start residency the next day, so I no longer had time to deal with it. So I cried a bit, borrowed my mom's car to go back to my apartment and get to/from work, and left the M3 parked. Got my first weekend off this week, peaked in with a bore scope, found I lucked out and the valve was closed, and improvised a solution to retrieve the stone. Cleaned up the intake port of dust as best as I could and blew it out with compressed air for good measure (this time covering up anywhere else that shit can go).

So far car seems to drive okay. I am concerned that some of that aluminum oxide dust may have ended up scoring the cylinder wall when I first started the engine before I realized what had happened... but so far seems to be okay.
                              Start residency? I thought you were an attending
                              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Sold my JB/Cin and picked an e92 M3 ZCP!

Comment

Working...
                                X