Rod Bearing Showcase Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samsonite79 View Post
    2003 M3 production date 10/02' w/ 110k (had the bearing recall done prior by previous owner at some point mileage unknown best guess was about 50-60k). I've been doing only track only miles, only a track queen.

Click image for larger version Name:	20161226_114056.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	119562
    Plenty of life left. So they had about 60K miles total and I think they can last another 20 to 30K miles for a total 80 to 90K, even a track queen. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite79 View Post
      2003 M3 production date 10/02' w/ 110k (had the bearing recall done prior by previous owner at some point mileage unknown best guess was about 50-60k).
      I would be surprised if the previous owner drove 25,000-30,000 miles a year for the first two years to make it 50-60k mileage when recalled bearings done. The ‘03 model addition notice recall mailed around mid 2004 iirc. So I would guess those have a bit more mileage on them while still looking so good.
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

My car is a 7/03 production and fell short of the cutoff by 4 months.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

5/22/2003 was the cutoff date from the SIB I have.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

2003.5 with 102k miles. Not 100% sure if they were changed before but I'm leaning toward no.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210804_145959 (1).jpg
Views:	365
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	120153
            2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
            Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post
              2003.5 with 102k miles. Not 100% sure if they were changed before but I'm leaning toward no.
              Excellent condition. I wish mine look like those when I remove them. Currently it has around 70K miles if I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post

Plenty of life left. So they had about 60K miles total and I think they can last another 20 to 30K miles for a total 80 to 90K, even a track queen. What do you think?
                I agree, could had gone further with these bearings, but you know how it goes, just throw good money at a problem that doesn't exist. 😄 BTW, I gone with WPC Coated BMW bearings and new oil pump for track longevity

Comment

07/2001 production with 112k miles. Bought the car with 48k miles. No record of previous rod bearing service.

Click image for larger version  Name:	51397255714_ae6cdac6f9_b.jpg Views:	77 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	122521
                  Last edited by DJAM3; 08-26-2021, 10:28 AM. Reason: Edit: Forgot to add that I've been running Motul 5W-40 in the winter, 10W-60 in the summer.
                  2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                  Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                  Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

These bearings look in great shape.

Comment

Those look great. You’ve got piece of mind for many more years and miles.

my 7/2001 M3 is currently having the rod bearings done as well. 72k miles and the bearings were redone around d 15k.

Comment

Here are my rod bearings from my recent service. I’m the second owner (since 1200 miles) and car is 03/04 build with 76k miles, car has been supercharged for the past 30k ish miles. I opted for WPC treated OEM bearings and OEM hardware. Nice to hopefully not worry about this for another 75k-100k miles!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by E-FARAOH; 08-23-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                          5/22/2003 was the cutoff date from the SIB I have.
                          I have a 2002 car with an unknown SIB history on the rod bearings. I believe the SIB wasn't a full recall, is there anyway to find out if my car had the SIB applied to its rod bearings (date & mileage) or can I see the details of the SIB? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by coolchill View Post
                            I have a 2002 car with an unknown SIB history on the rod bearings. I believe the SIB wasn't a full recall, is there anyway to find out if my car had the SIB applied to its rod bearings (date & mileage) or can I see the details of the SIB? Thanks in advance.
                            BMW should have the info in their system. Give them your VIN.
                            Here is the SIB I have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BC95BEEF-6833-47E8-9A11-22537C9BBCF4.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	123140

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                              BMW should have the info in their system. Give them your VIN.
                              Here is the SIB I have.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BC95BEEF-6833-47E8-9A11-22537C9BBCF4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	123140
                              Awesome, greatly appreciate the SIB, I had seen it as a file on the old forum & I think I forgot to download it.

As a follow up to you or any with experience, I have the Schwaben fluid pump for oil changes, from here at ECS.

Since it vacuums out the oil from the top/ dipstick tube, what do you suggest for when I send oil to blackstone? Would the best be from about halfway of this 6.5 liter tank, like about the liter #2 or #3, or I'm open to any suggestions for my car's future oil analysis.

Thanks In Advance again
                              Last edited by coolchill; 08-28-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

51402432488_c49261ef3d_k by Nate Hassler, on Flickr

Mystery bearings with mystery miles. Car has 108k total. No idea when these were done, and with what bearings. What do you guys think?

Glad to have the job done, one less thing to worry about. Had VANOS done as well. Big 3 officially complete.
                                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                                X