Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know the part number for the headlight adjuster screw? The plastic geared one to manually level headlights?
    Last edited by superchin; 01-30-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I don't think they sell that separately. If it's the internal piece that's broken and you have a 3d printer, you could try printing this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3519408

Probably would need to be nylon to get the best results

Comment

Ooof, I was afraid of that, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
          I don't think they sell that separately. If it's the internal piece that's broken and you have a 3d printer, you could try printing this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3519408

Probably would need to be nylon to get the best results
          Wow. What a time to be alive.
          2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
          Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
          Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Is the coolant temp gauge suppose to be dynamic meaning will it move around in between the two dots or is it suppose to stay at a certain temp and never move? My temp gauge will get lower when running on highway but always within the dots. Never has it gone over to the hot side of the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What would you value a really mint set of dove gray seats? Both fronts and rears. No door cards or armrests.

Comment

Originally posted by jixer77 View Post
                Is the coolant temp gauge suppose to be dynamic meaning will it move around in between the two dots or is it suppose to stay at a certain temp and never move? My temp gauge will get lower when running on highway but always within the dots. Never has it gone over to the hot side of the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                It’s fairly dynamic on the M3. Technically it is buffered at the mid point from 85°C to 95°C, but the S54 tends to hang a little bit below that. So you’ll generally see it swing around from a little below the mid point to the mid point.

in comparison, the E46 non-M is in the middle from 75°C to 115°C

Comment

Ive seen a few yellow tag ZCP steering racks come up for sale. Ive been out of the loop with these cars so bare with me. What the difference with the actual yellow tag rack? How would this improve handling?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                    Ive seen a few yellow tag ZCP steering racks come up for sale. Ive been out of the loop with these cars so bare with me. What the difference with the actual yellow tag rack? How would this improve handling?

Thanks.
                    I see a lot of misinformation regarding steering modifications being passed around Facebook groups and forums almost daily, so I’ve decided to put together this information thread to correct the many misconceptions, and to compile a comprehensive database for steering rack swaps and power steering modifications. The
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Thank you for this. Seems like a nice upgrade not have to turn the wheel too far.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	0F76D7D4-161E-48EF-8923-B133FD4A3896.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	169.0 KB ID:	82664
                        Idle question:
                        This is a pic of a 95k mile BMW mount vs. a new Corteco mount.
                        Notice the protusion of the center sleeve on the Corteco.
                        Has time and mileage hammered the sleeve upwards on the OEM mount? Or does it come flush as pictured? Corteco would raise the ride height somewhat yeah?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by FBloggs; 02-03-2021, 05:15 AM.

Comment

What are the ideal tire sizes (for handing with a nod toward comfort if that's even possible on 19s) to put on ZCP wheels? The previous owner installed 245/35 and 275/30. I thought I remember reading somewhere not to go over 235 in the front on a staggered setup and I feel like 275 is a bit too large in the rear. It looks cool but I want to replace with the collective ' best setup'. I would also like to put a 35 series on the rear for more comfort if possible but I am not sure if that is optimal to maintain circumference or wheel speed sensor issues?

My car is an 06 ZCP, OEM plus I would call it.. the big 3 are done and I have a slight drop on coilovers using the approved measurement from the center of the cap to the fender if I recall correctly. (Dan Avon is local and set that up)

*ideally I'd like to get a square 18 setup but I love the ZCP wheel look and to replace it with something visually better is big bucks.
                          ** or is the 18 square setup so much better that it's worth it in all regards and I should just plan on that?

Unless I receive different feedback, I'll assume that 235/35 and 265/30 are optimal but I wanted to check in this self described Safe Zone.

235/35/19, circumference: 80.0"
                          and
                          265/30/19, circumference: 79.4"

245/35/19, circumference: 80.9"
                          and
                          275/30/19, circumference: 80.1"

Comment

Proper tire size for all OE e46 wheels, save for true csl, is 225/255.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	0F76D7D4-161E-48EF-8923-B133FD4A3896.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	169.0 KB ID:	82664
                              Idle question:
                              This is a pic of a 95k mile BMW mount vs. a new Corteco mount.
                              Notice the protusion of the center sleeve on the Corteco.
                              Has time and mileage hammered the sleeve upwards on the OEM mount? Or does it come flush as pictured? Corteco would raise the ride height somewhat yeah?
                              Interesting. Stock is probably worn and recessed ya. If not, then yes, the corteco mount would result in a bit more height (not travel).
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by binary View Post
                                What are the ideal tire sizes (for handing with a nod toward comfort if that's even possible on 19s) to put on ZCP wheels?

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-sizing-thread
                                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X