This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Yeah I was super surprised when I re-torqued my hangers and it actually made a difference. The stock hangers are built with various layers of metal and rubber, so I guess overtorquing them thins out the rubber layers and causes more vibrations (and thus drone) to be transmitted to the chassis. The RE hangers seem to be of an all metal construction at the point where they meet the chassis, so that might not actually make a difference in your case. Still won't hurt to use a torque wrench.

Yes, torque spec for stock hangers is 22 Nm/16.2 ft-lb.
    For what it's worth, just reached out to RE and they recommended that 25 ft-lb is sufficient for their hangers.
    2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
    [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

I'm embarrassed to admit I've never bought brand new wheels before, so this is a first for me. Have a square set of Style 260M's brand new from BMW sitting in my garage and a set of Michelin PS4S's on order. Do I need to order new valve stems for said wheels/tyres? FCP sell them and these were the part numbers I pulled from realoem:

Are these required to purchase or does whatever tyre mounting shop I go to chuck these on at the time?

Comment

Price check on this Imola interior? $2k seems ridiculous for an interior that isn't in mint condition 9/10+. $1200 seems fair?

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
        2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Prices on desirable parts (and "well" spec'd cars) has ballooned. Don't try to make sense of it.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Strongly considering the Turner CSL box kit for my 2002 car. Other than the conversion from MSS54 to MSS54HP and the MAP sensor (either Kassel or from the forum here), will I need anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post
              Price check on this Imola interior? $2k seems ridiculous for an interior that isn't in mint condition 9/10+. $1200 seems fair?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2200951884935/
              I don't know who that guy is kidding calling that 7/10. That driver's seat is like a 4/10.
              2002 M3 Coupe 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by su45 View Post

I don't know who that guy is kidding calling that 7/10. That driver's seat is like a 4/10.
                One of my friends pointed out that this is just seats, not even the door cards. I got so excited I didn't even notice lol.
                2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

A silly question, probably, but do suspension reinforcement plates (the ones that go on/under the strut towers) actually improve durability, as opposed to just transferring loads from one area to the other?

Comment

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but I recently found some subframe cracks on my low mileage’03 (29k miles). I will not be able to have the subframe reinforcement done until the fall or next year. Should I not drive my car until the repair is done?

Comment

Can I fit 4 OEM 18"s (tires on) on the rear bench?
                      2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
                        Not sure if this is a dumb question, but I recently found some subframe cracks on my low mileage’03 (29k miles). I will not be able to have the subframe reinforcement done until the fall or next year. Should I not drive my car until the repair is done?
                        I'd drive it no problem
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
                          Can I fit 4 OEM 18"s (tires on) on the rear bench?
                          Not sure about the bench, but I’ve fit four wheels with everything folded down.

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2200951884935/
                            I paid nearly that much for my mint 9/10 imola interior. 1200 is better.

Comment

A couple of noob questions related to CSL airbox install:
                              (1) can you remove the driver’s side fan shroud without spilling coolant all over or damaging the coolant pipes or is it better to just cut the plastic fan shroud without messing with the pipes (leaning towards this option)?
                              (2) regarding the oil dipstick, does it actually require bending or will simply removing it and rotating create enough space for the airbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
                                A couple of noob questions related to CSL airbox install:
                                (1) can you remove the driver’s side fan shroud without spilling coolant all over or damaging the coolant pipes or is it better to just cut the plastic fan shroud without messing with the pipes (leaning towards this option)?
                                (2) regarding the oil dipstick, does it actually require bending or will simply removing it and rotating create enough space for the airbox?
                                Cut the shroud if you don't want to disconnect the coolant hose, I had to bend my dipstick but I have seen some have simply rotated it.
                                You can reach way in under the driver's side wheel and loosen the bolt holding the dipstick in place to make rotational adjustments.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X