This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dHam_Slow.46M View Post
    So uuh... I think I've read somewhere before that the 2nd gear grind is an infamous bmw "trait" we all have to live with.... is this true or am I missing something here?
    I haven't really experienced that TBH. I'm at 84K miles with 6MT + AutoSolutions SSK 30%

Are you experiencing grind from 1-2 and 3-2? or just one direction?
    2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
    ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post

I haven't really experienced that TBH. I'm at 84K miles with 6MT + AutoSolutions SSK 30%

Are you experiencing grind from 1-2 and 3-2? or just one direction?
      Both ways will grind, though, I've also noticed it only does it when power shifting. I REALLY have to granny shift into 2nd if I don't want to sound like total n00b

Comment

I have the most gut-wrenching grind from 2-3 on my RE SSK. Everything else is perfectenschlag.

Comment

Depends, many cars do have a difficult 1 to 2 shift. I wouldn't call it a grind, just sticky or tough. My 2002 car is that way, but my 2004 car is butter (feels like a zf honestly). Fresh oe fluid and fresh linkage parts (bushings) plus a weighted OE knob does wonders IMO.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

A while back I asked about the Valeo alternator for the e46 M3 and its availability. Im starting to see them pop up again and FCP got em!

Comment

Who is the OEM for the belt tensioners? Seems there are a ton of manufacturers: INA, Ruville, Uro, Febi, HT, Vaico, Gates, Luk, MTC...

Comment

Ina
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by natty99 View Post
                  Who is the OEM for the belt tensioners? Seems there are a ton of manufacturers: INA, Ruville, Uro, Febi, HT, Vaico, Gates, Luk, MTC...
                  INA like Oceansize said, but Ruville, Febi & Luk are quality enough from that list. The uro, vaico, gates, mtc is chinese stuff.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Comment

Is there a consensus on replacing injectors? Seems oe Bosch look to be about $80 per injector. Alternative is to send them off to RC for a cleaning.

having starting issues and it’s a good time to start going through my fuel system
                      2003 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Black

Comment

Originally posted by ej257 View Post
                        Is there a consensus on replacing injectors? Seems oe Bosch look to be about $80 per injector. Alternative is to send them off to RC for a cleaning.

having starting issues and it’s a good time to start going through my fuel system
                        I say it depends if you can have your car down. I daily mine so I bought a set of Bosch injectors and still have my OE ones, which I plan on eventually sending to RC for cleaning and flow testing.
                        "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                        ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Buy new, then have the OE ones cleaned and sell them later?
                          2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                          Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                          Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

I like the idea of getting the performance results (and diagnostics) from the cleaning process.
                            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I replaced mine, but at that time new injectors were around $45 a piece and I got the fcp warranty to go with them so that was a bit of a no brainer. The new ones are unfortunately made in China, but I haven’t had issues with them. I had been running cleaned injectors prior to that (albeit not by rc), and I felt that they started degrading quicker than the first go around.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                                A while back I asked about the Valeo alternator for the e46 M3 and its availability. Im starting to see them pop up again and FCP got em!
                                Disappeared off the site.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X