X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for clarifying.

Originally posted by 01M3Fan View Post
    One is when you click on my avatar/userid it comes up with details - mine shows this: "Original owner '01 M3 - mod list below. DD, '16 F80 M3 with Dinan S2 package, 18", slick top, 6 MT."
    Click your username to view your profile. Look for the "About" tab. Click that. Just below it, you will see a text box labeled "Status".

Originally posted by 01M3Fan View Post
    Second is how do I add the details under my replies like yours "2008 M3 Sedan 6MT, slicktop, no iDrive, 18s Öhlins coilovers by 3DM Motorsport"
    Click your username to view your profile. Look below your avatar, username, stats, etc. There is a button labeled "Edit Settings". Click that. Then click the "Account" tab and scroll down to find an option labeled "Edit Post Signature" (it's all text and not very prominent).
    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
      Thanks for clarifying.

Click your username to view your profile. Look for the "About" tab. Click that. Just below it, you will see a text box labeled "Status".

Click your username to view your profile. Look below your avatar, username, stats, etc. There is a button labeled "Edit Settings". Click that. Then click the "Account" tab and scroll down to find an option labeled "Edit Post Signature" (it's all text and not very prominent).
      Awesome - thx!!
      '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
      '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

Hi! I have stock suspension and found a deal on a set of BBS CH 19x8.5 et20 front 225/40/19 and 19x10 et20 255/35/19 rear , PS4 fronts and super sport rears. Would it be too aggressive? My fenders aren’t rolled. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikepiiez View Post
          Hi! I have stock suspension and found a deal on a set of BBS CH 19x8.5 et20 front 225/40/19 and 19x10 et20 255/35/19 rear , PS4 fronts and super sport rears. Would it be too aggressive? My fenders aren’t rolled. Thanks!
          Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I would think that'll fit. They should have about the right amount of poke to look good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I would think that'll fit. They should have about the right amount of poke to look good too.
            Thanks for the quick reply! Hoping there’s others here that can chime in on their experiences too

Comment

Does anyone know if a usable (to scale) 3D model of an e46 m3 exists? Usable in a sense that you can open the file in solidworks, pick points off of the car and design something off of it?

I remember back in the old forum days there was someone doing something like this, but their file was all imported graphics that you couldn't design off of.

Comment

If you had to put M-Texture anywhere inside your car, besides the seats and door cards, where would you put it? Rear deck? 🤔 Maybe shift and e brake boots? 🤔🤔
                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                  If you had to put M-Texture anywhere inside your car, besides the seats and door cards, where would you put it? Rear deck? 🤔 Maybe shift and e brake boots? 🤔🤔
                  Seen a few people do shift and e brake boots, looks a bit odd imo. I had toyed with doing the elbow pads on the door handles with my extra fabric but my upholsterer talked me out of it.

Comment

What about that ugly grey as a PNW winter day trunk cover/panel? The one that holds the tools.

I just went Karb CSL spec trunk and opted not to do that panel at all for not (leaving it naked carbon). But when I redo my interior, I thought about matching that panel to whatever seat cushion surface material I end up with (likely just plain alcantara). Only problem is that the grey panels would still be in the luggage area so this could be pissin in the wind...
                    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

What about the ABC pillars?

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

What about that ugly grey as a PNW winter day trunk cover/panel? The one that holds the tools.

I just went Karb CSL spec trunk and opted not to do that panel at all for not (leaving it naked carbon). But when I redo my interior, I thought about matching that panel to whatever seat cushion surface material I end up with (likely just plain alcantara). Only problem is that the grey panels would still be in the luggage area so this could be pissin in the wind...
                        Hmm..I like that idea but like you said, the rest of the trunk wouldn’t match.

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post

What about the ABC pillars?
                        I plan to wrap the ABC pillar covers, headliner, and rear deck in 9002 alcantara. But I could possibly do the rear deck in m-texture? I think it’ll be subtle enough to work with the rest of the interior. Red leather btw
                        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Got my car running with the CSL intake. I'm using a second/spare DME that I bought off someone on the forum. They said they loaded my VIN onto the DME but when I use INPA, it's not reflecting my VIN - just VVVVVVV... where the VIN should be.

1. Getting the car tuned by HTE on Monday. Do I need to have the VIN on the DME/ECU? Better stated, will not having the VIN cause any issues for HTE/Hassan?
                          2. Will not having the VIN eventually cause EWS issues? i.e., will the car stop running at some point.
                          3. What else do I not know that I should?

Will try to get the VIN put into the DME before Monday but I'm pretty green to coding.

Comment

Mismatched vin in the DME will not cause any issues, but it's super easy to update if you want to: https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/2016/02/26...f-with-tool32/
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                              Mismatched vin in the DME will not cause any issues, but it's super easy to update if you want to: https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/2016/02/26...f-with-tool32/
                              Thank you sir! I actually just came back here to update my post as I found that link you posted. I'll be doing this soon.

And great to know about the mismatched VIN not causing any issues. That's a relief!

Comment

I'm just being curious...converted SMG > Manual - can you money $hift them?

No! Even with my thread re my SMG issue, I'm not converting. Grew up back home where auto was a luxury. I've driven multiple manual cars and enjoy the engagement, but I want to retain my SMG. I also have my DCT. I like the fact that when I've "over-downshifted", it didn't implode on me 'cuz the rev limiter kicked in. Does that feature carry-over for the converts?

17 iO1 i3
                                16 F22 M235i
                                08 E93 M3
                                04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

Working...
                                X